PDA

View Full Version : OT: It Sucks! (No Dial Tone)

PutPut
December 29th, 2010, 11:10
Well, I have been without a phone line (including my DSL) since the Monday before Christmas. I have no dial tone. Yes, I did pay my bill. My phone company (one of the biggies) says it will be tomorrow until they can get a tech to my location. I don't think one should go without service for 10 days in this day and age. I have already run some simple tests that show the problem is on their side of the building junction box. It is probably weather related as we have had some serious rain here in Long Beach the last two weeks.
This morning my DSL is solid but I still have no dial tone. If I ever go all wireless it will not be with this company.

Best, Paul

Roger
December 29th, 2010, 11:14
I think that's terrible service! I feel for you Paul, earlier in the year I lost my phone connection for a total of nearly four weeks and as my mobile is "pay as you go" that was an expensive period.

rcbarend
December 29th, 2010, 11:43
Well, I have been without a phone line (including my DSL) since the Monday before Christmas. I have no dial tone. Yes, I did pay my bill. My phone company (one of the biggies) says it will be tomorrow until they can get a tech to my location. I don't think one should go without service for 10 days in this day and age. I have already run some simple tests that show the problem is on their side of the building junction box. It is probably weather related as we have had some serious rain here in Long Beach the last two weeks.
This morning my DSL is solid but I still have no dial tone. If I ever go all wireless it will not be with this company.

Best, Paul
Hi Paul,

Or come to Holland now instead of the summer, so they have time to fix it ....:icon_lol:

:ernae: Rob

PutPut
December 29th, 2010, 11:58
Hi Paul,

Or come to Holland now instead of the summer, so they have time to fix it ....:icon_lol:

:ernae: Rob

Hi, Rob, Yes, but I just looked at your weather. We'll wait!!

:salute::salute: Paul