PDA

View Full Version : A QUESTION FOR ALL THE CFS2 GURUS

December 28th, 2010, 15:31
I HAVE STARTED TO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH CFS2 THAT I HAVE NEVER HAD BEFORE!!!!!

I HAVE FOUR INSTALLS THAT I RUN IN MY COMPUTER .
NUMBER ONE ---CFS2 WESTERN EUROPE
NUMBER TWO----CFS2 NORTH AFRICA&MIDDLE EAST
NUMBER THREE---CFS2 PACIFIC,JAPAN&ASIA
NUMBER FOUR----CFS2 ALLIED&AXIS PROTOTYPES

NUMBERS 2 3 AND 4 WORK PERFECTLY BUT NUMBER ONE IS HAVING ISSUES ,I LOADED MR. PEPE'S
HALIFAX'S AND SUDDENLY THEY ARE PURE WHITE ---- NO TEXTURES, INSIDE COCKPIT AND INTERNALS ARE FINE ,OUTSIDE NO PAINT . THEN I NOTICED THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE DONATIONWARE F4F'S . DELETED THEM AND RELOADED ----SAME PROBLEM .

DOES THIS MEAN THAT I WILL HAVE TO DELETE TOTALLY AND START FROM SCRATCH ? OR IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO TO FIX THE PROBLEM?
I DON'T BELIEVE THIS IS ANYTHING TO DO WITH MR.PEPE'S MODELS OR DONATIONWARE MODELS BUT SOMETHING TO DO WITH SOME SETTING ,OTHERWISE THE OTHER THREE INSTALLS WOULD ALSO BE FAULTY .

ANY SUGGESTIONS AT ALL FROM ANY MEMBERS WOULD BE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED AS I REALLY DON'T WANT TO DELETE AND START AGAIN WITH ONE SECTION OF A SIM THAT HAS TAKEN ME TWO YEARS TO GET CORRECT !!!!!

THANKS IN ADVANE FOR ANY HELP .
REGARDS

Jagdflieger
December 28th, 2010, 15:46
1. First check and see that you have all the proper texture files in your texture folder

2. Second, perhaps the FS 9 texture files are not recognized by CFS 2. FS 9 can use updated texture files and sometimes they are not compatable with CFS 2. This is often a problem with converted planes.

Martin Wright's DXTBMPX program can convert the FS 9 graphics to a format CFS 2 can use.

You can get it here:

http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/

I generally save my textures in Extended 16 bit 565 setting for CFS 2. The program is easy to use and may be what you need to see your textures properly.

Hope this is it as otherwise I don't have a clue!

dvslats
December 30th, 2010, 11:46
Hi 1150,
Do you have four full installs, or are you aliasing your set-ups to single folders ? By aliasing I mean do you have a single sound folder that all installs are referenced to and so on.

Aliasing can cause these symptoms if there is a incorrect path naming.

My best advice would be to backtrack through your latest additions to the sim and try to hunt down the culprit.

Also check to see if your desktop shortcuts are still pointing to the proper installs if you have four full installs.

It's always the little things that usually screw me. Whatever you do, don't delete all of your hard work. The bug can be found. :rolleyes:

Dave

simonu
December 30th, 2010, 15:54
DOES THIS MEAN THAT I WILL HAVE TO DELETE TOTALLY AND START FROM SCRATCH ? OR IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO TO FIX THE PROBLEM? Dispite what you may here from other forums, the delete and start again option is seldom the answer. Even if it works you learn nothing about the reason for the glitch, and there is all ways a reason, even when the most mighty can't tell you what it is.
In your case I'd guess it is a simple thing like the textures being contained in a double folder or a folder named "textures" note the s.
But really we need more info from you.
Did you ever see the textures working on the Halifax?
We need to establish if the package is missing something or if it has got corrupted ater you installed it.

January 1st, 2011, 01:00
Thanks for the replies ,I appreciate the help .

I do have four complete and separate installs of CFS2 .
Not four separate hangars .

I'm going to go with your suggestions and backtrack until I find the problem .

I would have replied earlier but I work in a Retail Electrical Store and we have few if any holiday breaks , in fact we worked today on New Year's Day .

I'm Going to have dinner and then give it a shot .

Thanks to you both for the help and advice
1150:salute:

Blondi
January 5th, 2011, 02:24
It would be good to know if these AC work alright in your other installs. It would point to either an install problem or a problem with the Aircraft.Have a good one, Blondi:cost1: