PDA

View Full Version : No ILS steering bars on F-16 HUD?

jmig
November 28th, 2008, 14:33
I am puzzled. I cannot seem to get the ILS bars to show on the HUD. I have gone through the manual and made sure all the conditions were met. The DED says the ILS is on, but when I fly the approach no steering bars? I tried it on two different ILS approaches. However, if I fly the approach in the Iris T-6, it works.

I can see the beacon freq and course in the DED. The DED says ILS is ON. I think I am positioning all the switches correctly however, there are cases where the nomenclature used between the picture and verbiage are different. So, it is possible I am flipping the wrong switch.

I posted this on the Aerosoft forum but haven’t gotten an answer that works. Maybe one of you guys can help?

Below are the steps from the manual. Number 9 is not in the manual but was given by a forum member. Unfortunately, I already had the switch positioned correctly. It didn’t help :crybaby:

HOW TO SHOW ILS BARS ON THE HUD
From the base DED page (so without any Override buttons depressed)
1. Press LIST then 4 to select the NAV pages
2. Select NAV1 Frequency and enter the correct frequency
3. Select NAV1 Course and enter the correct course
4. Press LIST to come back to the DED base page
5. Press the 1 (T-ILS) key
6. Check that the Frequency and CRS is correct on this page too
7. On Avionics power panel set the switch ST.STA to off <- Avonics panel right consol. GPS switch. I have it in the OFF position.
8. On the Nav mode selector select ILS/NAV (turn fully to the right) <- Labeled HSI Mode on Center console picture page 28.
9. Put the DEPR RET Switch in STBY = NAV1
When there is a active ILS transmission the ILS bars will now be active <- Don't see them.