PDA

View Full Version : ShinMeywa US-A1 or US-2 in FSX?

ColoKent
November 28th, 2008, 14:13
Boy, I've just discovered the ShinMeywa US-1A/US-2 seaplane. That thing is cool! Does anyone know if there is an FSX model of this aircraft out there anywhere?

I doubt it, but thought I'd ask anyway (since I've searched all of the usual places and have found nothing yet).

Kent

Railrunner130
November 28th, 2008, 16:27
http://www.flightinfo.jp/FS_KBT/una.htm

Give these a shot. It's older, but may work with a few mods.

I thought Kazunori Ito did one, but I can't find it at flightsim.com. There are some at flightsim.com, but they may be the same ones as on the page listed above.

ColoKent
November 28th, 2008, 17:14
....I'll try it. I sure haven't found many three views for it, either.

Kent

Piglet
November 29th, 2008, 18:52
I thought about one, since I like Japanese planes, but good info is hard to come by, and trying to do the boundry layer flap system....

djscoo
November 29th, 2008, 19:14
It looks a lot like the Beriev Be-12, I've always like the designs Beriev comes up with...very distinctive.

ColoKent
November 30th, 2008, 05:41
...I manged to get a very dicey three-view (not very crisp), but you are right Piglet-- the info seems really hard to come by. Besides, I've never built anything before, and I certainly wouldn't pick an airplane like the US-1A kai or US-2 as a starter-- they seem to have more complex lines than most airplanes!

Kent

Railrunner130
November 30th, 2008, 06:19
I think some serious digging into back issues of Japanese aviation magazines or model kits would provide the required 3-views.

Ferry_vO
December 1st, 2008, 07:34
http://www.flightinfo.jp/FS_KBT/una.htm

Give these a shot. It's older, but may work with a few mods.

Those aren't even compatible with Fs9 so I doubt they would work in FsX..

Had no luck in finding a three view on the web; this one's the only one I could find but it's probably too small to make a decent model from..

Railrunner130
December 1st, 2008, 13:45
I found some info and 3-views on Wikipedia.com. Good luck