PDA

View Full Version : how do I register?

hurricane3
December 25th, 2010, 11:54
I tried registering on the ROF site ,I checked the proper character length correct email ,checked the box that I agree to the conditions but when I click register it comes up that it's an incorrect captcha ,I don't even know what that means ,I tried looking it up in the dictionary and it's not there, what am I doing wrong?

Ferry_vO
December 25th, 2010, 12:15
A captcha is usually a box where you need to type a code or word(s) that are next to it to prove you are human. On the RoF site you'll see a line "Enter the word from the image" with two words above it and an empty box below.

hurricane3
December 25th, 2010, 12:41
Thanks for your fast reply ,now I know what it means only problem is there is no box with letters to copy.

Ferry_vO
December 25th, 2010, 15:24
Here's what I see when I go to the 'register' page on the RoF site:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/RoF/fsscr144.jpg

Might help to use a different browser if you don't see the words you need to copy?
I'm using internet Explorer 8.

hurricane3
December 26th, 2010, 06:26
I don't have the box you have Ferry, and I'am using Internet Explorer 8 for my browser. I thought maybe I was already registered ,because I registered with the old site ,but I tried every password and user name I could think of and no dice. I emailed both ROF and the 777 studios but of course because of Christmas and the weekend haven't heard. If I don't hear and can't get on their site I won't be buying ROF. Thanks to you who have tried to help and replying over Christmas.

Ferry_vO
December 26th, 2010, 09:08
The "Change picture" button is a Java script, so you might want to try updating your Java software (Free) to the latest version at java.com.

hurricane3
December 26th, 2010, 10:07
I already updated my Java script this morning ,but still no captcha box, I found I was able to post a thread in the forums without even logging in ,I know you can't do that on the SOH forums ,I wonder if this means I'am somehow already registered but the login box still comes up and if I try logging in it goes to the register page with no captcha box. I'am really getting confused about this whole register login thing.Maybe someone on the forum will be able to help.

hurricane3
December 26th, 2010, 10:52
I had a reply on the ROF forum that said if I could post I was already registered ,but I can't log in. Also when I posted, my email came up as my user name I went to my profile and tried to change it ,now I try to post and it comes up a mostly blank page and it's showing the first part of my email as my nickname. I'am about ready to give up on ROF as my WWI sim.

hurricane3
December 27th, 2010, 06:42
Today I found (after changing my password yesterday) I can once again post ,but I still don't have to login. Is this normal? If I try and login it says invalid username or password.Very confusing.I'am waiting to see if I hear from the emails I sent to ROF ,and 777 Studios.

hurricane3
December 29th, 2010, 10:27
Just for anyone else having problems with logging into the ROF website ,I emailed Victor at rof@777studios.net on Sat. and got replys back on Mon. he straightened the whole mess out.Thanks to everyone

lucas81
January 9th, 2011, 19:37
Glad you solve that. They service is very good. Victor is a community manager over there.