PDA

View Full Version : 'Mustang'

Panther_99FS
November 28th, 2008, 11:14
Replicas....Never knew these existed...

Sascha66
November 28th, 2008, 11:24
Cute, kind of like a baby warbird... Just like a Focke-Wulf ultralite! I saw at an airshow this year.

:icon_lol:

TomSteber
November 28th, 2008, 11:34
Looks like a Loehle 51

Bomber_12th
November 28th, 2008, 12:36
It is quite amazing how many different style replicas there are. Some are much closer to the 'right' lines than others, and there are even some B-model examples out there.

The Stewart and Thunder Mustangs are my favorite. Most run on Chevy V-8's, while a few replicas actually are powerd by Allison V-12s and a mixture of other inline engines that can fit. The best thing about them is that they fly more well behaved than an actual Mustang.

IVANOW
November 28th, 2008, 15:47
In the early 60's I was going to build a 3/4 Scale P51D Mustang with a small block Chevrolet V8 .
Sent for the information pack (still have it ) . Quick halt when I found out at that time it was made of wood . a sheet metal version was to come out later .Got busy with other things , never checked on the metal version.
Love this one . Oh! Just to be 40 years younger and have my health back.

Whitehawk
November 29th, 2008, 00:03
Yep the Thunder Mustang IVANOW posted pics of (ZK-TMG) is a gorgeous machine, I see her every now and then at Ardmore where the syndicate is based. Check out their website http://www.kiwithunder.com/ for more photos!

smoores
November 29th, 2008, 08:31
I have a friend building a Stewart S-51. He has been building it for 17 years now, and I get the feeling that he doesn't want to fly it. Considering that every S-51 has crashed.

Daveroo
November 29th, 2008, 08:39
they had plans at one time to race the thunder mustangs at reno...but i dont know what ever happened to that..there was a guy who flew the news plane in the sacramento area for many years..he retired to reno specificly to do just that...has his flying..but said over the radio to someone one they canceled the plans...his name was captian bill something