PDA

View Full Version : A couple of miinor issues with the Iris A-10

RobH
December 24th, 2010, 04:51
When I load the Iris A-10 in the aircraft select menu, (doesn't matter which version), I immediately start hearing 'Bitching Betty' say "Caution, Caution" and it sounds like some kind of 'motor?' is running. I uninstalled last night, and then re-installed, but it still happens.

I was wondering if anyone else was getting this? It certainly doesn't stop me from enjoying this incredible plane, just a minor annoyance.

Also, when you get above a certain altitude, I can't remember exactly how high, but say somewhere above 5,000 feet, I start hearing the same 'motor' sound like the one that I hear in the aircraft selection menu. Is that normal? Just curious about the noise.

Thanks

Aviator32
December 24th, 2010, 05:00
When I load the Iris A-10 in the aircraft select menu, (doesn't matter which version), I immediately start hearing 'Bitching Betty' say "Caution, Caution" and it sounds like some kind of 'motor?' is running. I uninstalled last night, and then re-installed, but it still happens.

I was wondering if anyone else was getting this? It certainly doesn't stop me from enjoying this incredible plane, just a minor annoyance.

Also, when you get above a certain altitude, I can't remember exactly how high, but say somewhere above 5,000 feet, I start hearing the same 'motor' sound like the one that I hear in the aircraft selection menu. Is that normal? Just curious about the noise.

Thanks

I'm afraid I removed all the Caution and Too Low/Terrain sounds as well as those awful grunts as soon as I found the A10-AUDIO subfolder in the panel folder of the CL model. Just rename the offending files. The fan I can live with.

It was the only thing I hated about the aircraft so, authentic or not - it had to go :mixedsmi:

wiltzei
December 24th, 2010, 05:17
Renaming the files works, but thereŽs another solution at Iris' forums (http://www.irisfss.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=263). YouŽll have to register.

RobH
December 24th, 2010, 05:38
Thanks folks! That took care of the problem! I had checked Iris"s site. but forgot to log in:redf: Amazing what you can find when you log in, LOL!!

Thanks again!:ernae: