PDA

View Full Version : Remember our old friend Claude?

phrog_phixer
December 24th, 2010, 04:37
This is the guy I'm talking about:
He's actually an unfinished GMAX model at the Freeflight Design website for you skilled modelers (hint,hint)

phrog_phixer
December 24th, 2010, 04:51
Well, I know it's "putting the cart before the horse", the model being unfinished and what not....but I've been working on some new clothes for Claude.
There's 8, maybe 9 more.....

HouseHobbit
December 24th, 2010, 10:59
Great.. The old girl could use a new christmas dress..
Bravo..

ndicki
December 24th, 2010, 22:02
Nice work there!

phrog_phixer
December 25th, 2010, 01:41
As far as I can tell, the model appears 80+% completed (needs a cockpit) and the .cfg, .air and .xdp is from the stock Fw-190. Also some texture mapping issues.

If anyone out there would have a try at finishing this one, it would be great. I was hoping the PTO folks would be interested...

phrog_phixer
December 25th, 2010, 06:36

alain95
December 26th, 2010, 23:23
Nice work phrog_phixer something new to complete a Pearl Harbor attack scenery,
...but I'm amazed that HH doesn't want to wreck it.

HouseHobbit
December 26th, 2010, 23:36
Who said iI didn't want to wreck it ?? :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Of course I want to WRECK IT!!!!:gameoff:
Such a pretty Claude..
I would love to trash it!!!
Please Please, Please..
Can't help myself, I like pranging the pretty aircraft..:applause:

TDS-TAZ
December 27th, 2010, 00:29
Will look into it and will get back to you on it ......

Just got 2 PDF books on it to go with my 100+ others so I might just do it to get some cockpit practice in before I Finish the Hell Diver and T6 means this is my weak point.

Taz

MajorMagee
December 29th, 2010, 17:26
You could try one like this

http://pic.wpalette.com///camms/ar/1018/pics/65_3.jpg
K-125 Pilot - Navy Ensign Hideki Shingo, The carrier Kaga, South-China Sea, September 1938.

phrog_phixer
January 1st, 2011, 07:33
Major, there isn't any pic.

Regardless, there won't be any camo versions due to some texture mapping anomolies:

phrog_phixer
January 1st, 2011, 07:38
But I am almost finshed with these:
26831268302682926828http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

phrog_phixer
January 1st, 2011, 07:41

phrog_phixer
January 1st, 2011, 07:50

Included will be new droptanks and pylons based on the ones made by AvHistory for the A6Ms and .xdp entries based on AvHistorys' to update the guns, weapons loadouts and to add lights.

Again, this is an unfinished model, but it provides excellent AIs for your I-16's, I-153's and Flying Tiger P-40s. Or you can fly it with the stock Fw-190 'pit.

I tried subbing the A6M pit but there are alignment issues I can't work out.

phrog_phixer
January 1st, 2011, 07:58
Do I need permissions to upload these skins and mods? Could anyone help with this question?

Does anyone even want these in their PTO installs??!?! :banghead:

phrog_phixer
January 1st, 2011, 08:05
Happy New Year to all of you wonder folks here at SOH! :ernae:
May our God bless us and grant us PEACE and PROSPERITY in 2011.....

Thudman
January 1st, 2011, 08:12
It would be nice to have for any early Pacific missions. There were some on the Shoho at Coral Sea as there was a shortage of A6M2 erly in the war. Supposely they were still around until 43 in the New Guinea area.

Wayne

ndicki
January 1st, 2011, 08:12
Obviously, you'd need to ask Bear or gregoryp for the AvHistory stuff; Bear is generally a little easier to get hold of. I'm sure they'll be happy to grant permission.

The original model builder obviously should be asked, assuming he didn't grant overall permission in the original issue. Some, such as Mike Wholaver, do - but even then, it's polite to ask.

And whoever did the original FM/DM, if you're using it or basing your work on it. As you say it's the stuff from the stock FW190, then you can drop this bit.

If you can't get hold of the original model builder, then the usual thing is to include his "Read-Me" in the package, and in your "Read-Me" you give full credit to him and state that you were unable to obtain his permission directly, but would be very grateful, etc, etc.

Speaking from experience, most modellers are very happy to see their work being given a bit of extra life, and will agree readily to any positive suggestions. Some even agree to go back to their work and tidy up loose ends which they hadn't noticed at the time.

Moral of the story - make a genuine attempt to talk to the people first, but if you fail to get hold of the model maker, release it anyway and hope for the best!

HouseHobbit
January 1st, 2011, 08:14
Please I want these...
I would be pleased to include them in a mission set in PTO.
to be Honest i do enjoy playing with the new Birds and building for them.
Thanks for the screen shots..
:salute: :salute: :salute:

ndicki
January 1st, 2011, 08:14
I wonder how it reacts to the pit from the I-16, MC.200 or G-50? Obviously you could not release it like that, but it might be worth looking at. The FW pit is completely wrong!

sdsbolt
January 1st, 2011, 09:27
the model source is available at freeflightdesign with these conditions

NOTICE: By downloading any of these files you are hereby acknowledging agreement to properly credit the original designer(s) for their efforts should you release any reworks and/or paint-ups of these files. In addition, you agree not to sell, package for sale, and/or distribute these files, or alterations thereof, for profit. These source files may NOT be uploaded to any other web site without the permission of the author and/or Freeflight Design Shop

dont know if that covers fm though

sdsbolt
January 1st, 2011, 09:32
Again, this is an unfinished model, but it provides excellent AIs for your I-16's, I-153's and Flying Tiger P-40s

another contemporay

phrog_phixer
January 1st, 2011, 09:36
Ki27?!? Beautiful! Is she going to be uploaded?

sdsbolt
January 1st, 2011, 09:43
Ki27?!? Beautiful! Is she going to be uploaded?

yes and yes but there is still some work to be done. John is painting VC and then I have to make the guages.

HouseHobbit
January 1st, 2011, 11:19
I can't wait to wreck these birds.. Thanks to all..
Bravo..:salute: :salute: :salute:

ndicki
January 1st, 2011, 11:44
the model source is available at freeflightdesign with these conditions

dont know if that covers fm though

Seems pretty clear to me - you may not distribute the model for profit, or host the GMAX source file elsewhere. If the FM/DM are from an Fw190, they need to be replaced anyway, so there's no problem there.

ndicki
January 1st, 2011, 11:45
yes and yes but there is still some work to be done. John is painting VC and then I have to make the guages.

Great news! Looking forward to it!

popsaka
January 1st, 2011, 21:31
Do I need permissions to upload these skins and mods? Could anyone help with this question?

Does anyone even want these in their PTO installs??!?! :banghead:

I "Steven Anyone" even wants them in the stalls, in the fields and in the air!:salute: