PDA

View Full Version : How many aircraft?

paulb
December 23rd, 2010, 21:26
I have used FS in its various versions since around 1986. With such a prolific freeware community I always ended up with a huge number of aircraft installed - many over which I never used after the flirst flight or two.

When FSX came along I decided to be much more 'controlled'. I now tend to try something out and then delete it if I dont think that it is a 'keeper'. Well, I just checked and I have 249 different aircraft still installed!!!!

How many do you have?

Overshoe
December 23rd, 2010, 21:42
How many do you have?

57 not counting paints & variants. According to my log book I have flown 5 different aircraft in December, 2 of them defaults.

Aviator32
December 23rd, 2010, 22:00
23 different aircraft, only two of them default. I have bought many, many more. Sometimes I reinstall one thinking it couldn't have been that bad, but it always was. When I buy a new addon I'll give it a few months and if I find I don't fly it at all then I will take it off completely. I really don't like having the aircraft selection screen cluttered with aircraft I just don't fly. Having said that my FSX folder is still 52.6GB! I have no freeware aircraft at all.

These days I fly two aircraft 80% of the time.

paulb
December 23rd, 2010, 22:38
57 not counting paints & variants. According to my log book I have flown 5 different aircraft in December, 2 of them defaults.

Well I can get down to 115 if I lump together all variants and paints. So I am starting to feel a little better! :icon_eek:

GypsyBaron
December 23rd, 2010, 22:42
I have 264 aircraft folders in my five SimObject folders. That is by aircraft type.
I have no idea how many different variants I have of the aircraft in those folders.

I have 386 AI Aircraft folders in three different directories.

I have 115 addon scenery folders but many of those contain multiple
airports or facilities or areas.

That's in my WinXP install on my dual-boot system.

The Win7 x64 install is much "cleaner" since it is only a few months old :)
I didn't transfer all my aircraft over to that version from the XP install.

Paul

robert41
December 23rd, 2010, 23:07
I had a large amount of aircraft in my FS9. With my new computer and FSX, Iam keeping it simple. Right now I have A2A's J3 and B17, JF DC3, Milton's Beech Twin, Vertigo's SBD, Tim Conrad's Kingfisher and Porter.

FAC257
December 23rd, 2010, 23:13
Currently I have 70 actively flown aircraft in my hanger. That doesn't include variations like floats and skis etc.

Out of that bunch, 53 are payware and the other 17 are the default FSX aircraft.

The top 11 on the list are all past the 100 logged flight hour mark.

The highest flight hour ranking default FSX aircraft that I use is the default Goose at a respectable 174 flight hours logged.

The current all time lead flight loggers are the A2A B-17 at 706 hours and the A2A B377 at 672 hours.

The A2A Cub and CS C130X battle it out for the next to spots at 455 & 250 flight hours each respectively.

FAC

stiz
December 24th, 2010, 02:15
14 :)

scenery however .... well lets just say its over 100 gigs!:bump:

stansdds
December 24th, 2010, 04:57
About 76 or 77, but that includes all the default aircraft. Typically I fly only a few, here lately it's been almost exclusively a Piper PA-31-325 for simulated on-demand cargo ops across Florida and the Bahamas.

Bjoern
December 24th, 2010, 06:15
User flyable:

Fifteen to twenty five

AI:

Hm...hundreds?