PDA

View Full Version : Planet 51

n4gix
December 23rd, 2010, 18:29
Laptop + HDMI + 42" HDTV + Netflicks = several hours of pure joy!

I finally got around to checking out Netflicks streaming video this evening using my new Dell i3 laptop hooked up to my newest 42" HDTV (both are "early Christmas presents" to myself).

My first movie was "Planet 51." I've been wanting to watch this for months, and am so glad that I finally got around to it. It is hillarious!

"That's a strange place for his antenna!" If you've seen the movie, you'll get the reference.

I was amazed at how well the video streamed as well as the HD 1080p quality on the new HDTV. :ernae:

Lionheart
December 23rd, 2010, 18:30
Hilarious movie. Loved the hover cars animations.

n4gix
December 23rd, 2010, 18:52
Yeah, the 60's era "VW Lovemobile" hovercar was the bomb!

Emil Frand
December 23rd, 2010, 20:46
Been doing that for a while then last week got a blueray with wifi for watching netflix, super easy setup and worth it.........

n4gix
December 24th, 2010, 11:51
Well, one of the reasons I bought this particular laptop is because it has a BluRay drive included. Even though I don't have any BluRay disks yet, I know it may only be a matter of time...

But, on the other hand, given that every disk already in my collection (~300) is available from Netflicks anyway, I may never need to purchase any DVD or BluRay disks again!

Emil Frand
December 24th, 2010, 14:56
we needed a new dvd player and decided to kill two birds with one stone, dont have any bluerays either.