PDA

View Full Version : [FSX VIDEO] Almost real...but it' only a simulator...

mhimhi
December 22nd, 2010, 22:21
nmFX5YWpJDY

XYZ-man2
December 22nd, 2010, 23:38
Very nice video!!

Anneke
December 22nd, 2010, 23:58
Awesome stuff, this is how it's meant to be!

mhimhi
December 23rd, 2010, 01:18
thank u guys..it'sone of the best scenery and plane...IMHO!

stansdds
December 23rd, 2010, 02:12
Quite impressive!

papab
December 23rd, 2010, 03:08
Really enjoyed your video!
Rick

Roger
December 23rd, 2010, 04:18
Yep that's as real as it gets!

gera
December 23rd, 2010, 04:56
Nice, but why would the pilot keep the wipers on with no rain????..:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Odie
December 23rd, 2010, 05:53
I think this was one of the airports that was featured on the special THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS AIRPORTS, but there was another one (in South America?) where the pilot has to fly a prescribed route with no deviations into the airport. It was a winding flight path and so exacting that he had to be over certain landmarks at certain altitudes before they landed. Cant' remember the name of the airport, but it looked like a very demanding flight.

This was a good video and got me to thinking about other approaches that might be "video worthy" in FSX. Good stuff!

mike_cyul
December 23rd, 2010, 06:03
Nicely done! :ernae:

Mike

beana51
December 23rd, 2010, 06:27
NICE!...great Landing!......Thanx!

gera
December 23rd, 2010, 06:32
I think this was one of the airports that was featured on the special THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS AIRPORTS, but there was another one (in South America?) where the pilot has to fly a prescribed route with no deviations into the airport. It was a winding flight path and so exacting that he had to be over certain landmarks at certain altitudes before they landed. Cant' remember the name of the airport, but it looked like a very demanding flight.

This was a good video and got me to thinking about other approaches that might be "video worthy" in FSX. Good stuff!

Medellin, Colombia is one of those and many others.....

big-mike
December 23rd, 2010, 07:04
WOW!
An fantastic vid.Only real is more real.
Michael

stansdds
December 23rd, 2010, 09:35
Nice, but why would the pilot keep the wipers on with no rain????..:icon_lol::icon_lol:
It was raining, but sadly, FSX does not display rain drops on the windscreen in virtual cockpit mode.

Kiwikat
December 23rd, 2010, 09:53
Maybe this is a dumb question, but why would you need wipers when your aircraft is going like 300 mph? Wouldn't the rain just blow right off? Don't the heavies use repellent of some sort?

I can understand wipers when on the ground but otherwise it seems pointless.

It is certainly something that hasn't been simulated in FS yet. (though the Lotus L-39 touched on it a bit)

stansdds
December 23rd, 2010, 13:05
For most aircraft, the wipers can be used whenever needed. Certainly would be used during taxiing, but can also be used during landing and takeoff.

Naismith
December 23rd, 2010, 22:24
Quite stunning and almost real. All this chat about the wipers, yet in the outside view they are not working LOL.
It would be nice if the add ons could be listed.
If all FSX was like this then would we really need an FSXI.