PDA

View Full Version : Those Wonderful Toys for Tots Marines

Devildog73
December 22nd, 2010, 19:10
Seems that a Best Buy store in Georgia had four USMCR Marines collecting toys for tots in front of the store night before last.

According to the AP, a shoplifter inside tucked a laptop inside his coat and started toward the doors. An employee stopped him, the shoplifter pushed the employee to the floor and pulled a knife out waving it at everyone as he headed toward the doors. As he got just outside, one of the Marines told him to stop, and instead he stabbed a Corporal whose back was to him. Not serious enough to actually injure the Corporal, I understand. Anyway, the knife-wielding shoplifter took off running and apparently broke his leg running from the Marines and fell down. The resulting fall broke both of his arms, caused abrasions and lacerations to his face, and fractured a couple or ribs. Fortunately for him, the Marines caught up with him and kept him from further injuring himself while they held him until County Sheriff's Deputies arrived. According to the police report, he was transported to the ER to receive treatment for the injuries he sustained from his fall, before being given accommodations at the local jail pending his day in Court. According to the ER reports his injuries were consistent with those sustained in a fall................good thing for him the Marines were there to save him from himself. Two broken arms, a broken leg, fractured ribs, contusions, lacerations, abrasions..........this guy must have been VERY clumsy..........:salute:

rayrey10
December 23rd, 2010, 03:33
Gotta love Jarheads!

Bushpounder
December 23rd, 2010, 04:33
Clumsy bastard! That curb must have been higher than usual! (and a lot faster too!! :wavey:)

Don

HouseHobbit
December 23rd, 2010, 04:40
It gets ugly when a "sneaker" blows out at 10 mph..

Hope when I am jogging it never happens to me...
Usually jog from the front room to the kitchen and back...:jump:

jmig
December 23rd, 2010, 04:45
That is what happens when you steal on Christmas. Good thing those Marines were there to help.

Devildog73
December 23rd, 2010, 05:52
It gets ugly when a "sneaker" blows out at 10 mph..

Hope when I am jogging it never happens to me...
Usually jog from the front room to the kitchen and back...:jump:

Don't ya hate those 20 second time outs?!? I drink Sam Adams and they don't use twist-tops. By the time I get the bottle out of the frig, get the opener from the drawer and pop the top, the commercials are almost over. Makes my jog almost a sprint for the last 20 feet or so.....but I sidetrack my own post.....Semper Fi little brothers!