PDA

View Full Version : FW-190

jp
December 22nd, 2010, 16:58
Hey,
I was wondering if someone could help me figure out two things with the classics hangar FW190. It is one of my favorite aircraft and my most frequent flyer. Firstly, does anyone know what the awful grinding/ banging noise that sounds like it comes from the engine is? I would give more info, but I honestly don't know what causes it. It is not the fuel pump running dry sound, or the blown engine sound, it sounds like a knocking on the engine cowling. Also, there appears to be a ladder or step that extends from the fuselage, just aft of the port wing. Does anyone know how to extend it?

Thanks, and sorry for asking these dumb questions, but I had to know.
Jp

Hurricane91
December 22nd, 2010, 17:12
Hello JP,
I do not know about the CH FW-190, but on the original 190 series, the boarding step extended by a cable and pully system as the landing gear was lowered.

jp
December 22nd, 2010, 17:13
ok, thanks, but it does not lower upon dropping the gears. Thanks though.

Mathias
December 23rd, 2010, 08:59
Hello jp,

the ladder is supposed to work with shift+E followed by the number 2. (The real planes ladder is manually operated, it has a simple lock mechanism in it, it's not linked to the gear).
What I found out just now is that In reality it doesn't work due to the update frequency of our xml gauges. Please give me a few days to check if changing the update frequency has any ill effect on the code.

Regarding the sound issue, I suppose you're running into the sound loop thing when switching views, as reported by some users. I *think* I finally found the reason and a cure. If anyone who has either Fw190A early variants, late variants or the compilation and wants to give the fix a try before we release it please drop me a pm and I'll provide you with a download link.
There's a 15MB download involved. Apart from the supposed sound loop fix there's also the FSX sound cone implemented now.