PDA

View Full Version : Taming the Turbine Toucan

MarkH
December 22nd, 2010, 07:33
Just wanted to share my experiences of flying the Toucan, including some guidance on how to set up your controls with FSUIPC to make flying it less arduous. Click through to YouTube to see these at sensible sizes.

Thanks to all the SOH members who helped me understand turboprops (or not) and why FSX doesn't do them very well :(

5N2kZU_2IMg
a5-S-Pno0gM
YzlJEFNQRoo

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 22nd, 2010, 09:18
That was a superb series of tutorals, a must for fsuipc users as well , Thank You .

Best. CJ

imn2sims
December 22nd, 2010, 12:57
:salute::salute::salute: VERY WELL DONE SIR! I don't know what your "day job" is but you have a very natural talent for teaching. Don't know if I'm quite up for the Toucan, but I might just go ahead and finally register my FSUIP so I can fix a few other little little things that have annoyed me for some time. I don't feel quite as intimidated now thanks to you. Happy Holidays and thank you.

Steve

PS Care to mentionwhich Jenny you used in the first part?

scottmm73
December 22nd, 2010, 14:10
Excellent tutorial on the Toucan and FSUIPC.

Care to mentionwhich Jenny you used in the first part?David Grindele's Jenny at http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb2.cgi?section=vintage&file=Jenny11.zip

with Leon Lewis' paint

MarkH
December 22nd, 2010, 22:49
David Grindele's Jenny at http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb2.cgi?section=vintage&file=Jenny11.zip

with Leon Lewis' paint

Yes, that's the one :) Some really nice repaints included in that bundle!

MarkH
December 23rd, 2010, 09:47
I might just go ahead and finally register my FSUIP so I can fix a few other little little things that have annoyed me for some time. I don't feel quite as intimidated now thanks to you.

Yeah, I held off FSUIPC forever 'cos I thought it would be so complex, but in this case it felt like a necessity. Well, I discovered that although it is breathtakingly complex, it is also very accessible and the manuals are outstanding. What I like is you can do as much or as little as you want, so you can leave most of your controls to FSX but just attack a particular niggle or program a clever button combination, or something like that. There's also a great 15-page intro tutorial and bags of other info in the support forums.