PDA

View Full Version : what was 2010 and aspirations for 2011

jeansy
December 21st, 2010, 22:16
As I'm sitting on a laptop in a hotel between house moves and postings

Im left pondering and wondering over the last 12mths and the next 12mths

2010 for me in FS, there was a number of releases , both scenery and aircraft that got me excited. To name a few that stood out this yr;
CS-707
Orbx- YBCS
FR- Boomerang
ND- Huey
Ants- Tigermoth
Cera- 212
and many more

Scenery once again took a large leap forward with Orbx, and now with animated people, never thought I would see that, Accusim ! Well done A2A, keep them coming.... ND produced a large number packages but sadly for me they appeared rushed an bug filled. Carenado had amazing yr, they received countless credit card transactions from me.

Over the next 12mths I can only hope for the following, while some are in production and some are just suggestions

B29 (fingers crossed for A2A)
B25 (Vertigo's got one planned, but not soon enough)
Wally Wessex (i have always had a thing for this helo)
MRH90 (lots of talk but nothing planned/or in concrete)
and loads more helicopters
finally more Rob Riveria (where are you bud)

one thing I would love to see developed in 2011 is animated trees, I was sitting at a airfield the other day and I knew there was some wind but the palms in front of me just stood there perfectly still, After seeing Orbx's people move around, it got me thinking how realistic would it look if you could see trees on the edge of the apron gently sway in the breeze...

On a final note Customer service. Its seems to be a hot and cold service within FS, while some companies bend over backwards, but there are large number still to date who provide a horrible service if not none ie Captainsim and DBS which for me this yr was pointless, I got more from this place than their forums . Hopefully 2011 these guys who provide poor service can sort out their way of handling the customer's support request.

Im sure there are many more highlights and aspirations but thats all I can think of before my battery goes flat....

So thats roughly me, What about you?

and Dean, hurry up with that b25........

Aviator32
December 21st, 2010, 23:49
I honestly haven't given it that much thought, I'm just glad I've still got a job for the next six months.
Animated trees? (Like Ents?) Good god man how powerful is your computer?! :isadizzy:

ORBX Arizona is the only thing I want to see in 2011

Until then, :sleep:

spatialpro
December 22nd, 2010, 01:27
I recall one developer was working on moving ground shadows from clouds... or was that just a dream? It would be great to see in 2011.

I second the request for an FSX Wessex! ;)

AndyE1976
December 22nd, 2010, 03:37
2010 was a great year for FS, it seems like every month there were 1-2 really great releases.

There are a few announced planes that didn't make it such as the IRIS Eurofighter and the Virtavia Jaguar, but many that did.

My 2011 FS resolution is to spend more time using what I've got and being more selective over what I buy, although that could be hard to stick to.

I recently bought Tamworth and rediscovered ORBX Oz, what an amazing scenery collection. I think I'll be adding more airports down under.

Aircraft that I'm particularly looking forward to:
- Anything A2A acu-simmed, particularly Spit, P51 and F4.
- IRIS Eurofighter (if there's only one aircraft I buy next year I'd like it to be a Platinum series Eurofighter :))
- RAZBAM & co Harrier AV8B (it's the closest we're going to get to a GR9 at that professional quality)

I've been fortunate and not needed to contact customer service really for any of my purchases, but I've seen a lot of people who weren't so lucky. Hopefully those companies that don't do it well will reorganise for 2011 and those that do an excellent job will get the recognition they deserve. Supporting a product is often even harder than producing it in the first place.

Have a happy new year

crashaz
December 22nd, 2010, 06:04
Yep advances with Accusim and another goody by Orbx ( +1 for Orbx Arizona I could give you guys a tour :wiggle:)

Another great RAZBAM release with the A-7! Looking forward to the Scooter!

Scenery advances are just sick!! Moving people....WOW!

What stands out to me though as the story of 2010 has to be the rise of Vertigo Studios... what a great bunch of aircraft! P-36, Bearcat with Panther and B-25 on the way!!

Another year where developers have gotten real comfortable with the SDK.

All the designers are putting out some great stuff and we are so lucky!

Hey just noticed I hit 1600 posts lol.

peter12213
December 22nd, 2010, 06:11
My favourites of this year have been, the new SU27, Iris BD5, Iris Hog, Piglets updated PC7, Vertigo P-36 and The Etendard!

For 2011 I'm looking forward to The Harrier, and possibly if Iris take it back up the Eurofighter and an A2A accusimmed Me109E

jankees
December 22nd, 2010, 07:15
My favorites for 2010: the accusimmed B-17, the Vertigo P-36, the CH FW-190 and all FTX releases. The Iris A-10, Vertigo Bearcat and WBS P-51D are nice too.
Did I mention Piglet's work???

For next year, Im waiting for all A2A propellor driven releases, more from FTX, and the B-25 and Dak from Vertigo.
I can also hope, so please A2A: a Harvard / Texan!!!
and a B-26 Marauder would be brilliant too, either from Vertigo or A2A! or a Boston??
and let's hope the P-61 will live up to everyones expectations!

Matt Wynn
December 22nd, 2010, 07:22
My favourites of this year have been, the new SU27, Iris BD5, Iris Hog, Piglets updated PC7, Vertigo P-36 and The Etendard!

For 2011 I'm looking forward to The Harrier, and possibly if Iris take it back up the Eurofighter and an A2A accusimmed Me109E

IRIS should be back on the Typhoon soon, it's been put on the backburner alongside the C-27J if i recall...

kilo delta
December 22nd, 2010, 08:05
A special word of thanks to all the FREEWARE developers who've kindly donated their wares to the FSX community throughout 2010. :salute::ernae: :medals:

Aspirations for 2011?.... MORE FREEWARE!!!! :icon_lol::santahat:

Stan V.
December 22nd, 2010, 08:18
I recall one developer was working on moving ground shadows from clouds... or was that just a dream? It would be great to see in 2011.

I second the request for an FSX Wessex! ;)

Yes, I too was just thinking of the moving clouds. That was REX and the advance promos said they were making a big breakthrough. However, it hasn't happened (yet), and we have since had a big REX2 Overdrive release so I suspect the moving cloud ideas didn't pan out. Anybody care to comment?

brianf51
December 22nd, 2010, 08:31
There will be an FSX native Wessex next year

kilo delta
December 22nd, 2010, 08:54
There will be an FSX native Wessex next year

Woohoo!:jump:

ryanbatc
December 22nd, 2010, 10:56
For 2011 I'm looking forward to PMDG B737 NGX, RealAir's Duke turbine update, and the Carenado T210.

weeebbz
December 23rd, 2010, 09:59
for 2010 it would have to be the;
FA/18 E super Bug
F-35A Lighting II

for 2011 i would like to see
S-2 Tracker (not abacus)
F-100 (FSX Native)
TBM-3 (FSX Native)

Alan_A
December 23rd, 2010, 10:38
For 2010, the A2A B-17 w/Accusim is at the top of my list. Not only a great product in itself but it changed the way I sim - Accusim plus the crew features got me over my fear of complex aircraft, so for the first time I'm stepping beyond GA and starting to get into multiengine transports.

Which means that for 2011 I'm considering the PMDG 737NGX, which I'd never have considered before.

Also looking forward to the Vertigo DC-3/C-47.

And on the GA front, I'll add one that hasn't been mentioned here yet - the upcoming Aerosoft/4x Katana. Eager to try that one out and see what I can break.

In all, looks like a promising new year...

warchild
December 23rd, 2010, 11:51
Heh.. 2010 was a blur, but for 2011.. retirement, or kinda retired.. four years of 16 and 18 hour days working in a scientific discipline thats as alien to me as it gets has left my brain melted into a mound of soft pudding..
i will finish the P-61 and a couple more aircraft this year, and i think David has a surprise up his sleeve for either 2011 or 2012, but not sure there.. I'm also looking at possibly doing a BV-138. It wasnt a fighter, but it was a beautiful plane and relied heavily on its radar like the p-61 and UHU. Over all, its looking to be a better year all around. its certainly going tohave its share of surprises :).
Pam

jeansy
December 23rd, 2010, 21:43
Woohoo!:jump:
second and all the way to one hundredth that

stiz
December 24th, 2010, 02:17
for 2011 i'm hopeing for an entire ww1 aircraft fleet! :jump:

wwwhhhhhaaaattttttt a guy can dream cant he! :wiggle:

Bjoern
December 24th, 2010, 06:14
Awesome things 2010: