PDA

View Full Version : 'Yet Even More X100 Information'

Panther_99FS
December 20th, 2010, 15:33
http://www.quesabesde.com/noticias/fujifilm-finepix-x100-entrevista-hiroshi-kawahara,1_en_7074

EasyEd
December 20th, 2010, 19:14
Hey All,

It is a beautiful camera and if it was a APS-C weatherproof EVIL rangefinder with the IQ and high ISO performance of of a K-5 - I'm there - I don't care who makes it - well long as it's not by Nikon or Canon. I have high hopes for the Pentax EVIL camera likely to be announced in February.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
December 20th, 2010, 19:35
well long as it's not by Nikon or Canon.
-Ed-

I would LOVE to see Canon or Nikon make that "perfect" EVIL camera.....:173go1:
That being said, I don't understand your hate of Nikon/Canon....it makes no sense to me...

EasyEd
December 20th, 2010, 20:27
Hey All,

I would LOVE to see Canon or Nikon make that "perfect" EVIL camera.....:173go1:
That being said, I don't understand your hate of Nikon/Canon....it makes no sense to me...

Hate is a pretty strong word there Panther. I know fully well that both Nikon and Canon make perfectly good adequate serviceable cameras. It's just that I'm a Dodge guy not Ford or Chevy - oughta explain it. I'm not interested in ending up in either camp.

On a different note - my wife is interested in a better camera than her Canon IS 1000 Powershot. I'm thinkin an EPL-1 which she can return if she wants but likely won't so I can quasi stay in the micro-4/3rds game with a camera cheaper than a Lumix LX5 or Nikon P7000 but more expensive than a Canon S95 which is probably a bit smaller than she wants anyway. I'm likin how this could play out. :bump:

-Ed-

Kiwikat
December 20th, 2010, 20:37
Some of the questions and answers in that interview are rather odd. Sort of like they are pretending they know what other companies plan on doing, or that they don't exist at all...

Sounds like politicians. :icon_lol:

It will be interesting to see what a "modern" 12 megapixel APS-C sensor can do. Everyone else seems to be playing the megapixel race again. If N!kon would have kept the D7000 down at 12 MP, it would have destroyed the 7D in ISO performance and would have been able to burst much longer.

Any rumors on price yet?

jmig
December 21st, 2010, 03:46
... I know fully well that both Nikon and Canon make perfectly good adequate serviceable cameras...

-Ed-

Show that statement to the chauvinistic Nikon or Cannon lovers at some of the dedicated camera sites and you will start a war.

Some of the questions and answers in that interview are rather odd. Sort of like they are pretending they know what other companies plan on doing, or that they don't exist at all...

Sounds like politicians. :icon_lol:

It will be interesting to see what a "modern" 12 megapixel APS-C sensor can do. Everyone else seems to be playing the megapixel race again. If N!kon would have kept the D7000 down at 12 MP, it would have destroyed the 7D in ISO performance and would have been able to burst much longer.

Any rumors on price yet?

I too wish Nikon had not upped the pixel count. I now have to use 16 gig cards when a 4 gig would before last all day. Also, it takes noticeable longer for LR to process a picture. Especially, if you are taking it directly from the card.

CybrSlydr
December 21st, 2010, 05:16
-yawn- That's an ugly camera. All this yearning for the days of old, retro this, retro that...

Move on folks. Why in the world would you put an Aston Martin V12 under the hood of a Model-T???

Panther_99FS
December 21st, 2010, 06:48
-yawn- That's an ugly camera. All this yearning for the days of old, retro this, retro that...

Move on folks. Why in the world would you put an Aston Martin V12 under the hood of a Model-T???

You sure have missed a lot since you were in basic training ;)
The X100 is THE most talked about & anticipated camera of the year by owners of all brands...