PDA

View Full Version : Battle for Europe texture problem

Robert John
December 20th, 2010, 12:28
I am trying to install battle for Europe but cant seem to get the textures to work. HELP PLEASE.
I have just moved all the textures to Scenedb world and it seems to work ok , this is not what Rami asks he says move all the scenedb world textures to cfs2_eurw_LC_su_BETA4 texture folder what problems will I incounter doing it this way.

Rami
December 20th, 2010, 13:29
I am trying to install battle for Europe but can't seem to get the textures to work.

HELP PLEASE!

I have just moved all the textures to Scenedb\world and it seems to work ok, this is not what Rami asks he says move all the scenedb world textures to cfs2_eurw_LC_su_BETA4 texture folder what problems will I encounter doing it this way.

Robert John,

I ended up writing a new version of the guide because of the problems associated with the first version.

For the textures...take the textures from the scenedb\world\texture folder and COPY them into the MAIN texture folder, located in your "root" or main CFS folder.

Now let me explain why...

The scenedb folders are where CFS2 looks for textures first, along with aircraft texture folders. If the sim does not find the textures there, then it will look in the "root" or main texture folder.

If both of these fail, you get green, brown, and blue squares.

So, again, what you want to do is to copy the textures from the scenedb\world\texture folder into the main, or "root" texture folder in the sim where you are installing Battle for Europe. Once you have done this, then it is okay to remove all textures from the scenedb\root\texture folder for that sim.

Does this make more sense? :isadizzy:

Robert John
December 20th, 2010, 14:23
To Rami I understand what you are saying.

I will keep them in the scenedb texture folder because with the bat files I use to change textures so I can fly in a snow covered Europe in snowy conditions. I also know the the sim looks in addon textures first so if you have a object that needs snow on you can repaint the texture that is in the main texture folder and place the altered texture in Addon Texture and your objects will be covered with snow. again using a bat file to change Texture_Winter to Texture.

Thank you for all your help keeping the game alive.