PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with IRIS Simulations

Snaker
December 20th, 2010, 10:04
This is the first post of this type I have ever made in terms of complaining about FS company but I am really getting frustrated with the lack of response I have gotten from IRIS simulations. I know they got hit hard with the $5 sale but I put my order early in the morning of the first day.

Maybe I did not follow the whole pre-order procedure correctly but I have since put in an e-mail, two support tickets, and posts at SOH regarding my situation. I have been billed for two aircraft now on my credit card for 5 days and do not have download links. I have gotten no response from my last e-mail or support ticket.

I have gotten the mass e-mails but these do not apply to me since I have already been billed on my credit card. I really dont want to go through the hassle trying to cancel an international order by filing a complaint with paymate, etc.

I will wait another day or so, hopefully I just fell through the cracks.

Hopefully the developer sees this and can help resolve my situation. Thanks for listening....

Sieggie
December 20th, 2010, 10:11
At the risk of being redundant. Have you logged into your account at http://irisfss.com/storefront/ (http://irisfss.com/storefront/)and looked to see if your order is in your account? If it is, you need only click on it to get to the DL links.

Dave

Snaker
December 20th, 2010, 10:18
Hi Dave - I just checked it again and there is still nothing there. Hopefully this can get resolved, I know $10 is not all that much but $10 is $10 if you know I mean.

Thanks

-Blake

kilo delta
December 20th, 2010, 10:22
At the risk of being redundant. Have you logged into your account at http://irisfss.com/storefront/ (http://irisfss.com/storefront/)and looked to see if your order is in your account? If it is, you need only click on it to get to the DL links.

Dave

Also...it may be worth checking to see were some of Iris' emails flagged as spam and wound up in your Junk mail folder (as happened to me).
FWIW I paid through paypal and had zero issues and a very quick response from David considering how busy he must have been/is.

Snaker
December 20th, 2010, 10:25
Also...it may be worth checking to see were some of Iris' emails flagged as spam and wound up in your Junk mail folder (as happened to me).
FWIW I paid through paypal and had zero issues and a very quick response from David considering how busy he must have been/is.

I have been checking that regularly also but nothing shows up there.....

Thanks

-Blake

mal998
December 20th, 2010, 10:42
In defense of IRIS, I had the same issues that you describe and with a bit of patience David got them sorted out for me. Eventually, I was able to get my links.

I would suggest you send him another email and describe the issues you are experiencing.

He was swamped and probably still is. So patience and pesistence will win the day. He is an absolute gentleman and will honor whatever sales were held up.

Best not to air issues in a public forum. No one benefits.

Good luck!

DX-FMJ
December 20th, 2010, 10:43
My support ticket still hasn't been answered, its been a week!

Long time customer aswell.

Matt Wynn
December 20th, 2010, 10:48
i've not seen David online for a while, but last time we spoke he mentioned about being swamped with admin duties... so more than likely he is still doing Admin work... if i see him i'll pass on a message referring to this topic for you, unless he gets here first :)

Desert Rat
December 20th, 2010, 11:14
I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but I say give the man a chance. I'm 110% he's as frustrated as you, very probably tenfold more-so. The sale obviously outstripped all expectations (hence the problems) and was unpredicted, preventing precautionary measures to be taken. Success brings it's own problems.

David is a human being and may possibly even require sleep. But whilst he's a wake I'm sure he's as busy as hell trying to get everything and everyone sorted. Why would he be doing anything different? He has a business to look after and I'm sure he's doing everything humanly possible to protect it and it's customers.

my tupence,
Jamie

PS. hope you all get sorted ASAP, they're worth the wait.
PPS. patience and politeness are virtues, they will have their rewards, p!55!n9 a seller off may just result in a full refund and no very nice planes. ie. don't air dirty laundry in public, PM's would be more appropriate.
PPPS. I have not now or ever had any affiliation with IRIS, bar being a long time and satisfied customer. These ramblings are my own and do not reflect IRIS opinion in any way.

OleBoy
December 20th, 2010, 11:22
I recommend you try getting in touch via Skype. I had an issue where I could not download after purchase. Although it was at my end (browser related), David was online and gave solutions to me that cured the issue right away. David may be swamped yet from all the sales. He also said he was closing the storefront in a previous post to get issues sorted due to being so overwhelmed by great sales.

Go to the original "12 Days of Christmas" thread and start at the beginning. You'll find David's contact info for Skype there. Try it....my result of doing so cured my issues.

Francois
December 20th, 2010, 11:41
Alternatively you could buy the Lysander or some other niceties from FSAddon. I am not swamped at all :icon_lol:

nio
December 20th, 2010, 11:51
Francois

Maybe then you should follow Mr Brice's marketing tactic.He appears to have tapped into a latent market for his excellent products once he announced a price point that struck a chord with those who could only dream of purchasing them at their original sale price.

best

nio

Francois
December 20th, 2010, 12:09
Haha, yeah. Wish I had that many products to play with. I don't ;-)

Desert Rat
December 20th, 2010, 12:10
Alternatively you could buy the Lysander or some other niceties from FSAddon. I am not swamped at all :icon_lol:

ROFLMAO!!

opportunist marketing at it's finest!!

OleBoy
December 20th, 2010, 12:34

ROFLMAO!!

opportunist marketing at it's finest!!

:ernae:

warchild
December 20th, 2010, 12:59
i wish i could day "Buy them all" as Francois makes some excllent aircraft as well, but i cant because i know how tight money is at the moment..
ow, i pretty much live online 24 hours a day ( yeahh, its true, i have no life ), and I honestly havent seen David since last week. At that time, he had over seven hundred duplicate orders to sort through and delete, and each duplicate has to be done alone. He cant just batch delete them. While he was doing the duplicates, he was also trying to get some regular orders filled, of which there was an amazing number.. on top of the number of orders he's been dealing with, he's also been taking care of his family. No, not just earning a buck and passing it on, but taking care of his family all around. he's been exceptionally busy..
I know its extremely hard to be patient, and with all the hurriedness and things to take care of in the holiday season, there's a possibility that something got shuffled incorrectly somehow. i would urge a but of understanding there, but also encourage you to use skype as well as the ticket system to contact him and let him know your frustrations.. I'm sure he'll get you taken care of right away..
Pam

XLR8
December 20th, 2010, 13:06
I'm pretty happy with IRIS and there great sale. Picked up a few planes at the first days. Went back after he put them all on sell to get the micro jet and the P-40 warhawk experimental and kept get that error everyone else got. After a couple of days I just gave up.

Desert Rat
December 20th, 2010, 14:14
Lets not forget what David has done, sold us a multitude of (up to) $50Au for $5Au, lets be VERY grateful and not try to deter the man from doing it again some time in the future ;)

Whilst it has been obviously good for IRIS business, it's been a SPECTACULAR for the buyer, I've never seen such a good offer, period. David took a risk doing this, if it was worth it, in the long run, probably, but I bet my ass David has had a passing thought of 'why the hell did I?'

Thank you David and Karen (and team),
Jamie

Ps. I do have sympathy for those who are waiting, please be patient. I know, I bought the F-20 as part of a deal on release, only to find that after purchasing FSX the installer was incomplete. Have waited this long to get it. I was more than happy to buy it twice. I also did so with the Pilatus and Texan just to make sure they were up-to-date.

kilo delta
December 20th, 2010, 14:20
Lets not forget what David has done, sold us a multitude of (up to) $50Au for $5Au, lets be VERY grateful and not try to deter the man from doing it again some time in the future ;)

Whilst it has been obviously good for IRIS business, it's been a SPECTACULAR for the buyer, I've never seen such a good offer, period. David took a risk doing this, if it was worth it, in the long run, probably, but I bet my ass David has had a passing thought of 'why the hell did I?'

Thank you David and Karen (and team),
Jamie

+1 :)

:ireland:

SADT
December 20th, 2010, 14:24
+5 :)

Snaker
December 20th, 2010, 14:46
PS. hope you all get sorted ASAP, they're worth the wait.
PPS. patience and politeness are virtues, they will have their rewards, p!55!n9 a seller off may just result in a full refund and no very nice planes. ie. don't air dirty laundry in public, PM's would be more appropriate.
PPPS. I have not now or ever had any affiliation with IRIS, bar being a long time and satisfied customer. These ramblings are my own and do not reflect IRIS opinion in any way....

I agree with what you have said, especially about airing dirty laundry in public. That is why I have never made a post like this before. I have tried contacting him with very polite suport tickets and e-mails but after a week I felt like I needed to try something different. I thought along time about making this post because I knew where things like this can go.

Moderators, please feel free to close this thread as it is turning into a bashing fest. Which was not my intent.

Thank you

warchild
December 20th, 2010, 14:54
As you wish Snaker.. I'm sorry t became a negative experience for you..