PDA

View Full Version : Which NVIDIA driver would you recommend?

ManuelL
December 20th, 2010, 08:06
Hello,

after not updating my NVIDIA driver for a year or so, I recently switched to the latest version 260.99. While FSX seemed to work ok, I had huge problems with another sim I am running (Condor).

So I have to switch back to an older driver version. Is there any version you would recommend for FSX? Or does anyone know of any issues of the older drivers with FSX?

My system is:
NVIDIA GTX 285, Win7 64 bit.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards
Manuel

big-mike
December 20th, 2010, 08:13
"My system is:
NVIDIA GTX 285, Win7 64 bit."

I have the same system and the driver 260.99 installed.
Good results andd no problems here.
I´m only using FSX,no other games.
Michael

ManuelL
December 20th, 2010, 08:43
Thanks!

I found a post by NickN and installed version 257.21, which seems to work with both sims.

Problem is hopefully solved :jump:

olderndirt
December 20th, 2010, 17:27
You got back . Tried the 260. with FSX - not good so went back to 258. just right.

strykerpsg
December 20th, 2010, 17:58
You got back . Tried the 260. with FSX - not good so went back to 258. just right.
260 wouldn't work for me either, at least using their Surround for multi-monitor support. 260 has shown some improvements in FPS for FSX, but I am assuming those benefitting are using a single monitor only. I had to revert back to 258 and mostly happy, but would like the improved FPS. Perhaps the next round will work with all of my bells and whistles.

Matt

falcon409
December 20th, 2010, 18:28
. . . .and every system, based on your current card will show varying results. What works for one. . . .and so on. Every previous driver could contain issues, again, depending on your card. Obviously, you can't try every single one to find the perfect driver (well, I guess you could, but. . . .why? lol). You're also hampered somewhat because your looking for something that will fill the bill for two very different applications. It really can come down to personal preference on your part, after you've tested several across the range of current and past drivers.

Ponder what opinions you get here, knowing that, as the saying goes, "Your results may vary. . . .".:salute:

TeiscoDelRay
December 20th, 2010, 21:20
Nvidia Quadro Driver 265.90 WHQL is the one to get. I have 275 gtx and they are great. Check out this thread on 3d Guru forums that almost everyone posting positive comments.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=333572

dharris
December 21st, 2010, 06:55
Been using 260.99 for awhile fsx only, works great.