PDA

View Full Version : It's official - I'm shipping out!

CybrSlydr
December 19th, 2010, 14:37
Found out, officially, that I will be deploying with the 5-25th Field Artillery, 4/10th Mountain, sometime soon, to Afghanistan.

I don't know when exactly, yet, and I couldn't tell you if I did (OpSec and all), but it'll be before February. I'll be with one of the two batteries - one is a maneuvering battery, the other is a fires battery. In a teleconference with the battalion CSM already there, he said that half of us 13Bs will be with the maneuver battery and the other half with the fires battery.

If I find out more, and if I can tell you, I'll let you guys know.

PRB
December 19th, 2010, 14:42
Be safe out there, Cybr!

Panther_99FS
December 19th, 2010, 14:56
Puts a whole different perspective on Ft Polk ;)
Keep your head down!

OBIO
December 19th, 2010, 14:58
I have a nephew that is with the 10th Mountain Division. I have no idea what brigade or what have you. He is currently stationed at Ft. Drum in up-state New York. The last I heard, his unit/brigade/whatever was very close to the top of the Afghan deployment list. He was hoping that his time would be up before the deployment. He was in Iraq for 16 or 17 months, had an RPG go right past his head while he was manning the roof .50 on a Humvee, and came under small arms fire a number of times. His wife of a little over a year now really doesn't like the possibility that he could be deployed to Afghanistan for a year or more.

OBIO

CybrSlydr
December 19th, 2010, 15:03
I have a nephew that is with the 10th Mountain Division. I have no idea what brigade or what have you. He is currently stationed at Ft. Drum in up-state New York. The last I heard, his unit/brigade/whatever was very close to the top of the Afghan deployment list. He was hoping that his time would be up before the deployment. He was in Iraq for 16 or 17 months, had an RPG go right past his head while he was manning the roof .50 on a Humvee, and came under small arms fire a number of times. His wife of a little over a year now really doesn't like the possibility that he could be deployed to Afghanistan for a year or more.

OBIO

He's probably with either the 1st, 2nd or 3rd BCT. 4th is the only one in Ft. Polk. Most likely 2nd or 3rd.

jmig
December 19th, 2010, 16:56
Good Luck out there. You come back safe, ya hear!

:salute:

David_L6
December 19th, 2010, 17:15
I wish you the very best of luck and hope that you don't get stuck over there too long. :salute:

Be as careful as you can be.

Cloud9Gal
December 19th, 2010, 18:12
Blessings to you Cybr! Be safe my friend!

Matt Wynn
December 19th, 2010, 20:53
good luck buddy, i know as a fellow brother in arms you'll do your country proud and be a great asset to the coalition out there. always admired you nine mile snipers i couldn't stand around artillery all day...

from a 1 (and a bit) mile sniper...
:sniper:

...come back safe y'hear?! :wavey:

TARPSBird
December 19th, 2010, 21:41
Cybr, you'll probably be heading over there same time as my son, he's with 2-30 INF. Have a safe deployment and stay in touch with us here at SOH. :USA-flag:

TARPSBird
December 19th, 2010, 21:47
What's with this underlining???

olaf1924
December 19th, 2010, 22:03
Cybr thank you for your service and I wish you and all the rest of the us armed forces come home safe.:salute:

demorier
December 20th, 2010, 00:01
Some Christmas present, beauty.....New years in Afganistan.:toilet:

IanHenry
December 20th, 2010, 00:22
The very best of luck, take care.

Regards,
Ian.

CybrSlydr
December 20th, 2010, 03:09
Some Christmas present, beauty.....New years in Afganistan.:toilet:

Some guys are heading over a few days after Christmas.

I'll be going a little after the New Year.

Thanks and you're welcome folks - I'll try to keep in touch. :)

Bjoern
December 20th, 2010, 08:30
Keep your head down and say "Hi" to any Germans you encounter from me.

Ickie
December 20th, 2010, 08:34
keep your head low in Afghanistan.

Curtis P40
December 20th, 2010, 09:12
Be Safe. I bet Ft Polk won't look that bad in a few months.:jump:

Cazzie
December 20th, 2010, 10:18
Be safe and Godspeed Cybr, hope we hear from you when the hitch is up. Got a good buddy in Washington state, whose son was with the 10th. He did two hitches in the Stan and is out of the service now.

Caz

TARPSBird
December 20th, 2010, 12:21
The 10th Mountain is like my old Navy squadron, they've always got somebody deployed. My son got his second tour in Bosnia and a tour with the UN command in the Sinai while he was with the 10th.

Jagdflieger
December 20th, 2010, 16:50
Keep your head down and your armor on.

The 10th Mountain Division is, last that I heard, the most deployed unit in the Army right now.

If you're assigned to the fires battery, you should have internet and should be able to stay in touch and I'll bet they'll have something set up for the maneuver battery too.

Will you get to go home on leave for Christmas?

CybrSlydr
December 20th, 2010, 18:34
Negative - I'm going on pass the 23rd through 26th, but not taking leave.

robert41
December 20th, 2010, 19:01
Give em hell Cybr. Stay safe. Thank you.