PDA

View Full Version : Welcome New Members+

Ickie
December 18th, 2010, 12:24
For all the new SOH members, WELCOME!

We encourage all of our new members to participate actively in our forums! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the SOH Community! We'd love to hear from you!

And if you haven't seen or read our simple Rules & Guidelines, check this one out... HERE (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/content.php/127-terms-of-use_1)

But most of all, enjoy yourself and join in on discussions, or create your own. We are all here to learn and enjoy, no matter the skill level. When you post introducing yourself, feel free to include an image to break the ice.

SOH has much to offer! You can even connect using your Facebook account!

Take a moment and take a peak at some of our forums:

The Newshawks: A melting pot of aviation news, current events and entertainment.
FSX: Announcements and general information about the product. You will also find tweaks and guides.
Photography: General information & discussion about cameras, post-processing, reviews, etc. You can even share some of your favorite shots with us.
The Cantina: A place to relax, share a few laughs with jokes and witty sayings, we even play games. Come on in to the Cantina and have some fun with other members.

Thank you so much and once again, welcome!

Best Regards,

The SOH Staff

Stu Austin
June 19th, 2011, 17:35
Thanks Paul for setting me up for posting!
Hello everyone. I've been away from Flight Simming for awhile. I'm retired from the U.S. Coast Guard and spent a number of years as a C-130 Flight Engineer. My first designing program was FSDS and I learned a lot from it.
For the past 7 years, I've been doing a lot of modding work for the space simulation game X2 The Threat, X3 Reunion and X3 Terran Conflict. A friend Observe (team leader) and I got together to do the modding work. We have made the mod Transcend 1 and Transcend 2. I've been doing code work in xml for the mod along with Observe and Observe and a couple of others did the models for the mod. Our forum is at:
http://www.x3dmod.com/forum/index.php

I just purchased Max 2011 about 5 months ago and am interested getting some models made to put into FSX. I've used a converter to convert my aircraft to Max 2011 but am having problems with the smoothing which I'll probably end up doing them all over again in Max 2011.
Some of the names in the forum I do reconize and its nice to see them here also.

Dil52
June 27th, 2011, 05:52
Greetings pilots and LOH Staff,<o:p></o:p>
Thanks for allowing me to join the group here.<o:p></o:p>
First of all I’d like to thank Al Nix for the invitation to fly the Andean Cargo Runs. Also, I need to apologize for signing up so late. Thanks to Willy and prb I've gotten permission to post here now as well.

I've been activily flying FS since 2000. I acutally got my son a copy of FS2000 as a Xmas present and got hooked on it when flying with him. I've been a member at DC-3 Airways for several years now and am also on fs.com, avsim. I don't participate in multiplayer events as my internet is slow as broad band goes.

I've been flying the Andes Mountains event, however was able to post the results until now. This is the type of thing that I'm very much into. I also love flying the anual World Rallies at DC-3 Airways. I've flown the Hump, flown the Amilia Earhart flight plan several times in varius aircraft, including the Electra complete with driftmeter, sextant, and a built in E6-B pilotage computer.

After reading many of the posts here I'm excited to be a part of such a nice group. I'm aware of and know some of the pilots flying the Andes event as well. Sorry I don't have an avatar yet and can't really find one that I like. Free is good, and so I'm still still looking around.

Cheers,

Dil52
PS: The handle comes from the comic as I'd spent many years in a cubical. <v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 18.6pt; HEIGHT: 21.6pt; VISIBILITY: visible; mso-wrap-style: square" id=Picture_x0020_1 alt="http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/wavey.gif" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"><v:imagedata o:title="wavey" src="file:///C:\Users\Fred\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>
Now that this serious intro is here I can get back to foolery, antics, joking and a bit of somewhat serious flying. :wavey:

david
July 29th, 2011, 04:44
My name is David, in my real life I'm an Army Officer dealing with the Air Defence System.

Here in the Flight Simulator world I usually fly with the callsign "LUCE7" in the 102° Virtual Squadron (http://www.102virtual.org/), together with some of the guys that created the new SIM SKUNK WORKS team that developed the just delivered F-104S/ASA Vers. 3.0 for FSX.

I've made some videos to introduce our squadron that you can find in youtube, just search "102° VSQN" or my nick "Davide65".

Most of them are made with FS9 as this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHENFl0rYKk

If you like it se also parte two here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKLfueDZoeU

Here my last video. I used FSX and the "now" freeware SSW F-104 vers.2.6.
It's about one flight from Rimini AB to Decimomannu AB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAckEBNW8uM

Here you can see the pics made during one formation flight over Northern Italy mauntains (the so called Dolomiti) togegher with one G-91T Trainer:
https://picasaweb.google.com/110733660322458611612/ReportVoloIstranaIstrana#

I'll install soon FSX and SSW F-104 vers.3.01 on my new PC and I'll make a new video and pics ASAP to show all SOH audience this AMAZING SSW model and full 3D cockpit.

Happy to meet all of you.

David

skiperoo
February 18th, 2012, 15:10
Thanks Paul for setting me up for posting. I too have been away from flight simming for awhile. Been awful busy with the everyday cares of life. I am a retired U.S. Navy Senior Chief. A Fire Control Technician. Was stationed on 6 different ships during my career. That experience motivated me to begin designing surface naval ships for use in FS9. I plan on picking up where I left off, and concentrate on doing them for FSX.

BR,
skiperoo

Keeno
March 3rd, 2012, 03:04
Hell there folks and greetings from Edinburgh Scotland
I've been a flight simmer for many a year since the old Amiga system really, took a hiatus for a few years as I worked overseas in Iraq as a Security contractor, just got myself a new rig, and have been arming myself up with some great products

REX, Orbix scenery, VFR GenX stuff (The new Scotland pack is awesome ) , and have been flying mostly Superbug VRS F18, and both F15E's from Milviz and Iris, both outstanding aircraft..

Thanks for reading ..

Oh and I'm a keen skydiver as well, with 46 jumps to my name

Transit
March 11th, 2012, 15:18
Reposted in correct location, apologies .
Pete

Rallymodeller
March 12th, 2012, 16:36
I have been a lurker here for some time, and recently decided to start posting as I found there are many here who share my love of FS trash hauling.

As far as the hobby goes, apart from flying around I am also a repainter, with real-world repaints both at FlightSim and Avsim (for the CS F-104, RCAF/CAF paints) and at Historic Jetliners (for the 727). But my real passion is the "what-if" side of things. Airliners wearing liveries in which they never served, aircraft that were also-rans in the real world, and so forth.

Oh yeah, and FS9 on my system is currently running as if it were sometime in the early 1960s, using CalClassics' and Retro AI's AI files, as well as airport backdates and retro sceneries, etc.

Be seeing you!

Finklestein66
March 31st, 2012, 08:31
I'd like to thank "willy" for helping me get all the bugs worked out and welcoming me to the community. I have been "flying" in game for about 4 years now, and this site has opened up so many new avenues for me to explore. I think this site is awesome. The content and the member involvement is extraordinary. Again, thanks "willy", really looking forward to utilizing the site and learning more about all the different ways to improve my gaming experience. I'm currently running FSX with Acceleration on a Dell XPS with dual intel processors, 4Gig RAM, and a Nvidia 8800. This is Finklestein66 wishing everyone a great day!

Quebec_01
March 31st, 2012, 18:43
It's been a loonnnng while I haven't been into combat flight sims. Those of you old enough - and that still can remember - I started my online carrier (or lack of) on Fighters Anthology on the Janes server and on Tour of Duty 1,2 and 3), and then mainly on CFS2 on the old MS servers :icon_eek:

I was also on the old AvHistory site trying to get dizzy spinning 1% planes around as they came out of production line :isadizzy:
- If it can't spin, it can't fly!
I got my way into redownloading all the 1% CFS2 planes from here :salute: Boy was I ever happy to find those since it's what I'll be flying. Works great on my newer puter : Win7 64 bit install btw.

I often visited Sim Out House over the years, reading forums and downloading FS9/CFS2/(CFS3 which I never really liked) planes and other addons. Very happy to be here and thanks for the trouble of letting me in.

BTW, Thanks to all of those who, over all those years, made my flight simming so much more fun and realistic. It all started with the 714lib!

:icon29: Everyone

Quebec_01

armenius
April 6th, 2012, 17:52
Long time lurker, finally joined. Started out way back with FS2000 and Flanker 2.0. Now FSX and Lock On Flaming cliffs are my main sims. Really into all the great scenery and texture mods that are out there. Main sim areas are SouthWest BC coast and western Europe....Croatia, Italy,Switzerland, Austria. Mostly fly fighter jets.

Wishmaster
May 6th, 2012, 08:23
Hello guys!
And thank you for letting me in to join you here at SOH. My name's Markus, currently 32 years old. Living in a small town near the city of Hanover, Germany. Been flightsimming for a couple of years now, I started long time ago with FS3(!), currently using FSX only. :)
I am also a proud member of Alaskan Winds Virtual Air Service.
I have some experience in editing aircraft's config files, .air files, panels and so on, and also created some repaints for Alaskan Winds so far.
What else can I say? I am a real-world pilot. Working for a german charter airline as a First Officer, with a Boeing 737 type-rating. Best job in the world, if you ask me ;)

Nice to meet you guys here!

Best regards,
Markus

gman5250
May 13th, 2012, 14:51
Greetings to everyone.
I became involved with sim flight about two years ago. Since then I have become a dyed-in-the-wool enthusiast.

I started flying in real life with my dad when I was 13. He was a flight test engineer at Northrop and worked on all the good stuff. Eventually he became their chief corporate pilot and spent most of his time in the G2 flying the execs around the world. I suppose my favorite memory was a short shuttle flight from Hawthorne to KLAX where Pops allowed me to sit in the right seat. I was 17 and had my hands on the controls of one of the great executive hot rods.

I grew up with aircraft. Dad was the owner of Hobby House Plans Service if any of you remember that one from the sixties. I was surrounded by hobby plans for RC, plastic kits from around the world and a full library of Profile Publications on every aircraft imaginable. I would build the models to exact spec.

I never lost my passion for classic and WWII aircraft. Now with modeling and sim flight I can not only create beautiful aircraft but now I get to fly the birds that one could only dream about previously. Early classic and WWII are my favorites along with early commercial i.e. Douglas DC-6, Lockheed Connie and the Boeing B-377.

Some other favorites are DeHavilland Sea Hornet & Mosquito, North American P-51 and of course the Boeing Flying Fortress. My wife’s dad flew the P-38 in the Pacific. We have very little background on him so I haven’t been able to find his plane, but I have learned my way around the old bird and have shown here what her dad did during the war.

My background and training are in Photoshop and various design software. I have been an artist all my life, so working in this medium comes quite naturally to me. Once I understood the basics of working in the sim software environment I was hooked.

I have been flying many of Milton Shupe’s (and the rest of the crew) planes for quite a while now and have come to realize that the aircraft coming out of this site are equal to the finest pay ware. I have spent quite a bit of time with the D-18 Beech, working with a fully FSX compatible version including bump maps and global maps. When I learned that a FSX version of the exquisite Douglas A-26 Invader was forthcoming I was quite excited. I have since gotten the updated model and converted my liveries to fit the dynamics of the real time lighting etc.

I am curious…will there ever be an FSX model of the Grumman F7F-3. I have the unfinished model and have done extensive work with textures and bump mapping for any forthcoming release. If no plans are in the works for this model, I would be willing to volunteer my efforts towards completing and updating this classic beauty. Carrier landings with this brute are one of my favorite pastimes. No HUD…just the basics.

Thank you Milton and everyone who is a part of the team here for creating some of the finest examples of the art form I have seen to date.
I will be posting some of my work on my page as I get more settled in here.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you.
Gordon…AKA ********

BigTool4U
June 7th, 2012, 14:25
Hi to all,
finally I remembered to introduce myself. :icon_lol:

My name is Riccardo, I'm 34, I'm from Italy and I'm interested to aviation since I was a little child: I build my first model when I was only 3 or 4, I still have it somewhere, it was the A-7D Corsair II by MatchBox.
Well, the final result was more like a glue cluster than a jet, however... :p:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DHuxJ6BF1bs/T7RYTfPAgxI/AAAAAAAAAfk/r3FS70djSXQ/s1600/MatchboxA7D.jpg

I play videogames since about 25 years but I started with flight simulators only this year, so I have a lot to learn.

I especially love old airplanes (the most recent jet fighter that I "accept" is the MiG-29 because it doesn't have the Fly-By-Wire) so SOH is probably the best community that I could find.
I already received a warm welcome by some users and I'm sure that I'll be happy here!

See you on the forum! ;)

hey_moe
June 7th, 2012, 15:45
Hi Riccardo, welcome to SOH. Pull up a chair and pour yourself a strong brew...you will need it in here.:wavey::icon_lol:

BigTool4U
June 8th, 2012, 01:17
Thanks Moe! :ernae:

coyote
June 11th, 2012, 07:31
Hi all,
I presented me, Coyote, I don't use english often, sorry for the language mistakes.
I live between LFPC and LFAD.
I take a lot of fun to play with FSX, essentially with A29, OV10, PC-9, Cessna 337, and my favorite MV-22 Osprey, not perfect but really cool...:jump:.
I hate liner Ah!

See you soon on the forum...

TARPSBird
June 12th, 2012, 11:02
Welcome aboard Riccardo and Coyote! :wavey:

RtrHd1
July 4th, 2012, 18:41
I would like to thank Paul for his rapid response on the Holiday. He's from my home state and I've given him an open invite of Atlantic Canadian Hospitality should he choose to venture a visit to New Brunswick. I'd also like to thank Willy. I have not needed your services yet but most likely, as a new member, I will.

To start off, I'm an American, (Happy 4th of July!), living in the Great White North, (Eastern Canada). I'm retired from US Naval Aviation where I was a Safety and Survival Tech for too long and I learned how to fly the Seaking. (hats off to Capt'n "Sneaky Pete" Daniels, R.I.P.)

I moved to Canada in the early 80's because of a woman, (Mrs. rtrhd1) and my little rtrhd1's are now grown and out of the hangar so I'm back in my simpit full time. My FS history goes back the primitive years. FS ver2.0 and I retain ownership of every issue through FSX. I log a ton of hours each month in FSX with Aerosoft's Huey X. Occasionally, I do strap on FlightReplica's Super Cub Experimental 210. I have been toying around with it by changing out the powerplants, it currently uses the Lycoming 540-series 250 HP for some serious but realistic and fun STO's and landings. I've watched a few Youtube vids of the actual competitions at Valdez, Alaska (Cubdriver749er) and was so impressed... well, you know how it is.

My modest PC situation is as follows: Intel Core2 6300 @ 1.87Ghz.
8 Gigs DDR2
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
500 Gig C drive with 1 terrabit D drive
GeForce 8800 GTS 512 DDR2
(my sim and related software resides and operates from the big drive)

My sim situation is a bit better: FSX with Acceleration
Aerosoft HueyX and FlightReplicas Super Cub
ORBX PNW, NA Blue, NRM and PFJ with all the trimmings.
Flight1 Utimate Traffic 2
REX with Essential
Active Sky Evolution
"Home" is 7WA3 out west.

I'm not sure what experience I can share with the Community at large concerning the FS world but I'll certainly do my best. I'm expecting to learn a lot of the yet "unfamiliar" area's of the sim so I'll be doing a lot of reading here and posting my fair share.

Cheers!
- Carl

Victory103
July 9th, 2012, 15:09
Welcome Carl, and that avatar works great. I was went through HS-1 in the early '90's as an AW.

RtrHd1
July 9th, 2012, 15:16
Thanks, I thought about posting the coffee mug with the squad's logo. After looking at the stains, I thought better.

hey_moe
July 9th, 2012, 15:24
Carl, welcome to your worse nightmare. Please take the time and pull up a chair, grab a brew and listen to all the lies and BS you can handle...lol. Glad ya here, Mike

RtrHd1
July 9th, 2012, 15:52
Carl, welcome to your worse nightmare. Please take the time and pull up a chair, grab a brew and listen to all the lies and BS you can handle...lol. Glad ya here, Mike

Thanks Mike, wilco, roger and I'll keep my finger on the screen cap button for those unbelievable moments!

Cheers n beers!

-Carl

Portia911
September 8th, 2012, 20:42
Greetings all and thanks to PRB (Paul?) for sorting out my membership posting problem. Been lurking for sometime, but convinced this is the friendliest and most helpful forum for all things FSX.
I converted to flight-simming a few years back (after years of racing sims), with FS9 (mostly GA flying) and GW3 (flying 20s and 30s stuff), then had a year or so with 'OFF' and most recently have been running companies in Air Hauler.
Two of my AH companies are utilising add-on scenery: Orbx Australia and PIS PNG Bush Trekker - both of which add greatly to the flying experience. I've just purchased Orbx PNW but have yet to install it as I've been upgrading my rig (to an i7 laptop).
Anyhoo - hello and best wishes from the newbie!

hey_moe
September 10th, 2012, 11:31
Welcome to SOH,if Paul helped ya you must be a heavy drinker....no difference cus if ya don't drink, stay in here long enough you will become a alkee or a pot head like da rest of us...lol....glad ya here anyway:mixedsmi::mixedsmi:
Greetings all and thanks to PRB (Paul?) for sorting out my membership posting problem. Been lurking for sometime, but convinced this is the friendliest and most helpful forum for all things FSX.
I converted to flight-simming a few years back (after years of racing sims), with FS9 (mostly GA flying) and GW3 (flying 20s and 30s stuff), then had a year or so with 'OFF' and most recently have been running companies in Air Hauler.
Two of my AH companies are utilising add-on scenery: Orbx Australia and PIS PNG Bush Trekker - both of which add greatly to the flying experience. I've just purchased Orbx PNW but have yet to install it as I've been upgrading my rig (to an i7 laptop).
Anyhoo - hello and best wishes from the newbie!

Portia911
September 10th, 2012, 14:50
Welcome to SOH,if Paul helped ya you must be a heavy drinker....no difference cus if ya don't drink, stay in here long enough you will become a alkee or a pot head like da rest of us...lol....glad ya here anyway:mixedsmi::mixedsmi:

Thanks Moe, didn't know about the SOH AA chapter, but if there's a virtual bar handy, let me buy you a drink. This Guiness will do me nicely for starters, cheers! :guinness:

Plasticmatt477
September 18th, 2012, 19:25
Everyone,
I just thought i'd shoot out a message and introduce myself to the forum. Names Matt, 27 on friday... I play FSX, 2004, and CFS2&3. I am new to online, but am experienced in all campaign modes... I have my B.S. in Polymer Engineering and a wife with 3 kids...
Can't wait to get some experience playin online and just have some fun!

Thanks,
Matt

hey_moe
September 19th, 2012, 01:57
Hi Matt, welcome to SOH. Hope ya enjoy the company. We don't do no drug test in here in case you were wondering....lol. If ya drink heavy, pull up a chair and listen to all the BS from the rest of the members :mixedsmi:....Mike

sandersk
September 19th, 2012, 06:05
Hi to all, i found my old cfs2 disc's and fired them up and ofc wanted to get some extra bits and i found your very nice site with so many add ons for all flight sims.

I also like to play Fsx and fs2004. IL2 1946

all the best sandersk:jump:

Plasticmatt477
September 19th, 2012, 11:00
Thanks man, dodged a bullet there on the tests haha jk... I could have studied for it! lol I can't wait to hear all the BS... i may have some to contribute myself

Matt

Hi Matt, welcome to SOH. Hope ya enjoy the company. We don't do no drug test in here in case you were wondering....lol. If ya drink heavy, pull up a chair and listen to all the BS from the rest of the members :mixedsmi:....Mike

flightnorton
December 17th, 2012, 08:29
I registrated me today, the member+ option was activated very fast (thank you paul). I´m playing flightsimulation since the FS2004. Now I´m using the FSX. I´ve no favourite kind of type of airplanes, I like IFR and VFR.

Sorry for my english... :guinness:

glh
December 19th, 2012, 08:36
Thanks Paul for setting me up for posting. I too have been away from flight simming for awhile. Been awful busy with the everyday cares of life. I am a retired U.S. Navy Senior Chief. A Fire Control Technician. Was stationed on 6 different ships during my career. That experience motivated me to begin designing surface naval ships for use in FS9. I plan on picking up where I left off, and concentrate on doing them for FSX.

BR,
skiperoo

Skiperoo -- welcome to the SOH.

I believe we could use more nice landable aircraft carriers in FSX. Just a FWIW. Happy Holidays.

wombat666
December 20th, 2012, 03:47
I registrated me today, the member+ option was activated very fast (thank you paul). I´m playing flightsimulation since the FS2004. Now I´m using the FSX. I´ve no favourite kind of type of airplanes, I like IFR and VFR.

Sorry for my english... :guinness:

Welcome aboard Rainer, and your language skills are way better than mine!:applause:

CXDriver227
December 28th, 2012, 06:20
Hello everyone!
Thanks for the welcoming reception. I am a long-time flight simmer and VA pilot. Lately my passion is flying with FSEconomy using GA air frames. I invite anyone who hasn't looked into FSEconomy to do so. You won't regret it!

-George (CXDriver227)

wombat666
December 28th, 2012, 10:23
Hello everyone!
Thanks for the welcoming reception. I am a long-time flight simmer and VA pilot. Lately my passion is flying with FSEconomy using GA air frames. I invite anyone who hasn't looked into FSEconomy to do so. You won't regret it!

-George (CXDriver227)

Nice to have join the team George.
Now you'll have to educates us in the art of flying FSEconomy.
:ernae:

TIOPUERKO
January 17th, 2013, 07:52
Un fuerte saludo desde Bilbao a todos los miembros de sim-outhouse , me llamo Jon tengo 50 Años y me encantan los simuladores.Es un placer pertenecer a vuestro foro no poseo conocimientos tecnicos pero si una amplia biblioteca en pdf de material sobre armamento ,aviones,barcos,etc de la guerra civil española y de la segunda guerra mundial.
Si alguno esta interesado que me lo diga y le paso un listado con lo que tengo.
Un saludo y gracias por vuestra acojida.

Mornaric
January 27th, 2013, 00:49
Greetings to all! My name is Mike and I'd like to thank you for allowing me to be part of this community here.

I've been flying around the world in sim form ever since FS2 for the old Atari 520 ST, and I've enjoyed nearly every minute of it. Some of my favorite ways to take to the skies were the Jane's series, but there's always been something to say for just tooling around in an old Cessna and just seeing what I could see without having to fear that one of my ever present - and usually laughing - buddies was about to show me the true meaning of crash and burn.

It was probably because of the earlier combat sims that I found I most enjoyed flying around in MS Flight Simulator in whatever warbirds I could get ahold of. I've noticed with no small amusement that the older I get, the older the plane gets. While I still love my F-16 Falcon and of course the ever present P-51D Mustang, there's something relaxing and engaging about doing a little barnstorming in an old Jenny or a DR1.

It is because of these old WW1 planes I joined here. One in particular that is giving me trouble - David Eckert's Stearman, converted for FSX use by Mark Rooks. I will of course make another post about my problem in the appropriate section of this forum.

So until our flightpaths cross again, clear skies to you all!

Mike Dovers

Daveroo
January 27th, 2013, 13:28
welcome to the SOH..great bunch of people here...lots of help and friendly folks...enjoy yaself

Christoph_T
February 11th, 2013, 09:34
Hey guys

I'd like to intruduce myself to this great forum.
My name is Christoph and I'm simming since FS 98 very much.
In the real world I am working as a aircraft mechanic.
Sorry to say, that I have no qualification in making flightsim models or any big modding.
But I am very aware of most things that happen in the simming community.
I have been a silend guest hear for a long time, but for now I want to be a little part of this
great great project, with so many talented guys.
Since I am flying only FSX you will find me in the that forum:running:.

Greetings from Germany

Christoph

gwgriff
February 15th, 2013, 06:54
I trying to access Paul Dominque's Grumman Duck "Bad Duck" which is password protected. He states the only requirement is being "RED". What does this entail.

Sieggie
February 15th, 2013, 07:02
Being Red means you are a Charter Member of SOH. During the drive to collect donations to keep the servers running there was a thread to get to the Donate button. Now you can go to http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/misc.php?do=donate if you want to donate and your name will turn Red in your forum posts.:jump:

Dave

Manschy
March 11th, 2013, 11:53
Hi everybody,

my name is Manfred and I am trying for several months to change from fS9 to FSX :running: ....
But it takes more and more time, because we are currently designing a german freeware RAF scenery for FS9, but when it is ready, we hopefully can do the step to FSX...
Hope I can do some nice experiences here and looking very forward to share informations about scenery designing and all stuff regarding flightsim.

Best regards,

Manfred.

BobK
March 27th, 2013, 16:28
Howdy all!

New to MS Flight Sim, picked up FS9 and FSX in December last year. I've flown R/C planes off and on for a long time, though.

Seems like a nice community here, looking forward to being a member of it!

Calvincuijk
April 6th, 2013, 05:37
Hello everyone!

I'm 16 years old and I live in the Netherlands. I love airplanes and I love most of the aircraft from the Second World War :) I fly in CFS3 since 2008 and I think it's still great. this forum has previously helped me with problems in CFS3. I find the sim outhouse a great place for flight simulators and i love it: D proud to hahah :) I find especially pleasant to see people with the same intrest and everyone has that here haha, fly!
and I thank you very much for allowing me to be a part the community! I'm not so good with english so I talk via google translate haha, but I'm learning it :jump:

greetings from holland

calvin

Dumonceau
April 19th, 2013, 00:10
Hello People,

I registered about a week, two weeks ago, and it seems that I forgot to introduce myself.

I've been flightsimming since CFS1 and nowadays fly FSX, CFS3 and DCS (Mustang, A-10 and Ka-50)

Take care,

Dumonceau

truckertwotimes
June 17th, 2013, 19:45
<tbody>
As usual, I went the long way around, to say hey, I'm new.... And CrAzy lol just wanted to tip my hat and introduce myself, I am TruckerTwotimes and look forward to making new friends on here, nice webiste, I'm into the FSX flights after the midnight hours, favorite mission still the Quito Approach Heavy Freight Hauler I Am :) Regards, Jeff A.K.A. TruckerTwotimes

</tbody>

jackperry
June 18th, 2013, 14:22
Hello everybody,
my name is Sam originally from Liberia, West Africa now living in Fairfax ,Va. Iam a former pilot (Air Liberia), Falcon 20,Arava 101, Casa212-200. A long time user of MSFS, now FSX. I like to thank the staff at SOH for allowing me to be a part of this wonderful flightsim community and the privilege to post on this forum, I am grateful. I have shadowed SOH for some years, but only recently gave it a closer look and was impressed, so i decided to join.

Thanks to all.

Coyotte
July 20th, 2013, 05:04
Hello there !

Newbie in your forum onboard !
Comin' from France, I salute you

FS-X & DCS user, I'm very small repainter & I make three airports with ADE

Mike "COYOTTE"

Denahue
August 27th, 2013, 15:33
Greetings all, just saying hi as the new guy on the block. FS9 for many years :icon_eek: and some repaints... Learning scenery development... :salute:

gray eagle
October 30th, 2013, 13:59
As new person here, just saying hello to all. Enjoying the sights. Want to learn repainting and maybe scenery creation.

Holy Cheese
November 2nd, 2013, 13:42
Hi there,

checking in - name is Jack, go by the moniker of Holy Cheese. Looking forward to spending some good times here.

Cheers
Jack

Daveroo
November 2nd, 2013, 17:44
i want to say hello and welcome to all whove come in in the past year...hope you enjoy SOH!

M70
November 2nd, 2013, 17:59
Hi all

New here and finally got back to post and tell a little about my self.

I have been on FS for some time, but have not been playing for some time and decided to reload FSX again.
I' am a ex-Army [2yr's 64-66], ex-Marine served 4 yr's and 2 tours in country [68-70], am retired police officer.

I recently purchased a 2013 Ural M70 and transferred it into a U.S. military bike. I have a album set up here for
people interested in looking at it. I did this for the buddy's I served with and ALL military personal and branches
past and present. This is what it is all about,. I have shown it to the RA-Army, National Guard, and Marines here
where I live and they really liked it. The NG here had a car and bile show here and the NG asked if I'd bring it and
enter in the bike show. I did and got 1st place in the bike show.

Am looking forward to meeting every one and doing more post's here. I have been told that this is a really good place
to be and the simmers here are good people and very knowledgeable and helpful and some damn good modelers as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this. I will be back when I can and to the post and respond.

M70

Daveroo
November 2nd, 2013, 18:32
M70..welcome to SOH...im sure you will enjoy youre time here....love the Ural....i may be wrong,but the big boss here "ickie" has a Ural i think.

TARPSBird
November 2nd, 2013, 18:59
Gray Eagle, Holy Cheese, and M70 - welcome aboard! :wavey:

TheFamilyMan
April 5th, 2014, 16:28
Greeting from KPAO!

Looking forward to being a bit more active here; I guess my old account expired since my username was available for reassignment. I've been an IL-2 flyer since 2006 and am still at it with my online friends (whom I introduced to IL-2 and it stuck, before that we were into UT). Been heavily into FSX since I built a computer in 2009 which could truly handle it (well at least a lot better than my Athalon 4200+ X2 did) though I got FSX when it released in 2006. Dabbled somewhat with fs9, at least enough to that decide a decent joystick was completely necessary. So currently I'm into FSX (of which I have $100s invested into addons), Rise of Flight, and IL-2 with the HSFX mod pack. And BTW, I been around a bit at other FS forums for a while as well.

brunoviinci
April 13th, 2014, 15:10
Thank you Father Paul for welcoming a poor sinner.
Thank to you, I am a reborn FSX believer and a pious converted to the glorious DX10 dogma. I followed you when you "left" your former employer :encouragement: and I am so glad to be able to enjoy anew your guidance on this blessed site.

Bruno Vinci

Simul8
April 16th, 2014, 12:51
Hi Guys:

Thought i should swing past and say hello now that i've kindly been given some posting privileges, so... Hi!

I'm Paul Smith, better known as Smiffy. In the sim world, i deal with Concorde X Support and Forum Moderation for Flight Sim Labs, and in the real world I work in the music industry, travelling the world and trying to fit some sim time in when i'm not on a real aircraft. Mainly i like the heavy metal for Vatsim and IVAO flying but offline i like to putter about the sky in the Chippie, Spitfire, and Hawk.

I found the forum after a couple of weeks searching for PaulJ, and i'm mighty glad i did. I find this place a refreshing tonic to the toxic wasteland that 'the worlds number one sim site' is becoming, and it's good to see a pleasant forum, full of pleasant people not out to belittle each other.

Many thanks for the welcome.

Cheers

Smiffy

Daveroo
April 16th, 2014, 13:33
smiffy..welcome to the SOH..its a great place to be...

about your system specs..do you see any difference in performance with the 10,000 rpm HD?......i was seriously thinking about a 15,000 rpm when i build my new machine.and it seems to me your system is the ideal.

Simul8
April 16th, 2014, 23:39
do you see any difference in performance with the 10,000 rpm HD?......i was seriously thinking about a 15,000 rpm when i build my new machine.and it seems to me your system is the ideal.

Thanks for the welcome.

Truth be told, my old system was based on an E8500 getting on for five or six years old, and i'm damned if i can remember what breed of HDD it was to compare it with :indecisiveness: The new system's just been built and configured this week, and compared to the old system it's an immense improvement. everything is turned up, and i'm quite happy with the general balance. Add in Steve's DX10 fixer and the sim's a goodun! That said, the 10k RPM drive is RAPID in comparison to what i've been used to.

Sorry i'm not much more help than that!

Cheers

Smiffy

medwyn
May 1st, 2014, 14:33
Thank you for accepting me, I'm Peter, another aviation-obsessed human(oid) who tries to hide on forums where it's hard to be unique with an obsession like this :)
I'm not that difficult, actually there are only a few things in my life sitting on (or nearly) the same level of importance like aviation and they are castles and classic cars. Ok, every 10-15 years bring up something new to catch up with those mentioned so I imagine when I die there'll be at least 7 of them. :)

Wayland
May 5th, 2014, 17:00
Hello all, thanks to the head shed crew, I'm finally cleared to post. Retired Aerospace worker on the assembly line in Renton Wa. Started with CFS, then Fs2K, CFS2, and finally worked up to FS2K4, but still spend most of my time flying CFS2. I finally found my backup CD's of all the addon aircraft and scenery from 10+ years of simming, so am busy consolidating and eliminating duplicate files. I hope to make some new friends here.

Steve "Wayland" Elmes

LightningMk6
May 30th, 2014, 00:37
Hello all, have just joined the forum and now able to post. Name is Dave Evans an ex RAF Aircraft electrician having served 22 years, demobbed 1993 and now retired. I enjoy using FSX and getting to grips with the excellent new Aerosoft Lightning F3 the best model I have flown so far. Am still involved with the Lightning Preservation Group at Bruntingthorpe Aerodrome in Leicester and keep my hand in when able. Now to spend a few weeks catching up on the forums here.

mirage3
May 30th, 2014, 01:25
I have joined the forum 6 months ago. i was welcome from all! you're all super

BrianT
June 21st, 2014, 02:47
Hi All,

another noob here! Mad into FSX and Steve's DX10 fixer brought me here in search of Paul J's guide. so looking forward to some sound advice and where possible I'll sling some back

Brian

silverghost
June 26th, 2014, 00:45
Hi Guys,
New to SOH and relatively new to Flight Sim obsession. I've been keen on aviation all my life but now have more time to indulge and am thoroughly enjoying myself.

I am astonished at how much quality stuff is available as freeware from so many generous people including many here. I mainly fly older ie WW2 and unusual planes eg the Bronco. I particularly fly planes from Dino Cattaneo, Tim Conrad, Milton Schupe, Rob Richardson, Dave Garwood and Flying Stations (wonderful Sea Fury) and the teams they are part of. In addition I have toyed with the Dark Side and fly DCS A-10 and P-51.SOH came to my attention when I was investigating sounds and I came across the wonderful sounds created by Lawdog and others which are now throbbing out whenever I fly the Bearcat and Hornets - great planes. I've now added fairly full cockpit sounds to many of my planes and find it provides much improved immersion.

I'm also left handed which gives me a problem finding comfortable modern joysticks and HOTAS so I modded what is available to create my own. I use a Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback stick with FSForce, with a CH Flightstick handle with 2 extra multiway switches (home assembled) plus slide on replacement throttle handles for my saitek quadrant which also include another 3 multiway switches so I have a full control setup for the A-10.All these new switches connect to a Leo Bodnar matrix card which works really well and I have added a homemade trim wheel and flap control. I really love the Force Feedback setup and find that it and the trim wheel greatly improved my flying.

I take my hat off to all you very talented and generous developers - many thanks for the pleasure you have given me and many others.
I look forward to chatting with you all and discovering more gems and solutions.

Cheers

silverghost - my online name from Total Annihilation and Eve online
(Ray McDonnell for real)

Henry
July 5th, 2014, 06:09
a word of warning!:banghead: this place is contagousi had 2 arms&legs when i joined i could spell then also:mixed-smiley-027:H

cdnpilot
August 26th, 2014, 09:55
Hello All,
Thanks for allowing me to join the group. I have been involved in aviation since the early 80's. I received my private pilot's license in Maine and worked in the back of both fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft as a flight nurse. I have taken to the flight sim world as I lost my medical but didn't want to lose the enjoyment of flying.

aleatorylamp
December 6th, 2014, 23:04
Hi to all, and thanks for your warm welcome!

The first time I flew on a sim, it was black and white wireframe on the Spectrum+... awesome! I always tried to get behind the mountains... Then it was on the Amiga 500 to fly under San Francisco bridge in the F-14 upside down, and later FS5.1 and FS98, and in 2001 my wife and a friend bought me AF99 for my 50th birthday. There, as soon as I got the grips of it a bit, the real fun started for me!

I began buiding mostly WWI multi-engined biplanes for FS98, as well as some WWII and civilian planes of the time, and more modern ones like the Raptor and the Dreamliner - and some Ekranoplans too! A friend was doing nice FD for them, and another some excellent paintwork, and still does. I slowly fought and still fight the bleedthrough battle ...and 5 years later more or less understood what glue means and does.

Then, only this year I discovered that it was Windows XP with its Spanish keyboard configuration, that after building for a while, would suddenly completely mess up certain textures because of the decimal comma and not the decimal point!!

Anyway, it is always a challenge to get it right! Never a dull moment...

As MS Flight Simulator progressed and I slowly became obsolete, so I tried using the newer aircraft building programmes for the newer Flight Simulators, but didn´t enjoy them as much, so I stuck to my aging AF99 and FS98 - and Aircraft Animator, of course, with the help of my painter and FD friends.

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when I came across Ivan´s and Hubbahubba´s detailed AF99 very recent and not so recent posts and tutorials here at Sim Outhouse, and although SOH is dedicated to CFS, and specifically CFS1 with relation to AF99, I am glad to see that AF99 seems to be indeed very much alive and kicking around here!

I must confess that my only experience with CFS1 is bombing the train with the Me 109 from Interlaken, and the only flying I do is test-fly my planes in FS98, but I was wondering if perhaps it would be fun and refreshing to exchange ideas on this forum.

With kind regards to all,

Stephan

decpau
December 10th, 2014, 06:09
First, thanks to Paul for allowing an upgrade to my membership to post.

I am a retired Navy Master Chief now enjoying the spare time to revisit my interest in FS and CFS. The level of talent and patience so freely given to such a large community by the members and contributors of SOH is nothing less than astounding. I have a limited background in simulator development, mostly confined to Animator, Orbiter and GTR2 (though I have on occasion "meddled" with my FS2004 aircraft). That experience only serves to provide me with an understanding of the tremendous talent that I see when I look at what you've done here on SOH. Thank you so much for what you do and always know that no matter what you contribute it is very much appreciated by so many.

As for me, I retired from the Navy in 2011 after a very privileged career serving in Submarines, Aviation, and Surface Warfare. I currently reside in Virginia with my high school sweetheart who for some crazy reason has sought to bless me by remaining as my bride. Some guys have all the luck. I keep pretty busy with work but shoot often, am just getting into fly fishing (which surprisingly hooked me after one outing), golf, and love classic cars (though the toy position in the garage is longingly vacant right now).

I've had a life long interest in aviation fostered when my uncle gave me Martin Caidin's "The Ragged Rugged Warriors" at a very young age. I've been hooked ever since with the typical library, model, and RC plane endeavors that guys my age did when we were young. FS and CFS are terrific extensions of my youth and I can't thank all of you enough.

I'm now off to take CFS beyond the pacific.... I can almost hear those Hurricanes.... It's great to feel like a kid again. Thanks again and I promise not to lurk too much!

decpau

Old Airman
December 14th, 2014, 05:55
I'm happy to be a member, the forum seems to be a place to learn and or contribute. I'm well behind the power curve in flight sim and so far I have ben shopping the freeware like a kid in a candy store. Most of my payware aircraft are better than great and I really appreciate the "easy" installation on most of them. I do have one problem with a An-2. The tail wheel will not caster. I've tried the tail wheel switch on the panel and the "shift+G" in FSX. Can anyone tell me how I might have screwed this up?

Thanks.

Old Airman

sixstrings5859
January 25th, 2015, 20:05
Hi all ! Old sixstrings is back and posting.Been around SOH since the beginning . Had to change my user name after the e-mail change policy. My old trusty pc has died a while back and i have had several health problems too. Medical bills have to be paid first and now i'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Mom and Dad bought a new windows 8 computer and gave me their compac xp computer. I added a second hard drive with my 12 CFS3 installs and it killed the weak power supply! DARN ! Going to upgrade it with a 550/650 watt power supply,4 gigs of ram and a good Nvidia 2 gig video card. Will build a windows 7 64 bit pro Computer , 16/18 gigs of ram , fast cpu,a good mid/high level Nvidia 2/3 gig video card for Rise Of Flight,WOFF,ETO 1.50,PTO-Rising Sun and IL2 series.Hopefully will have done by mid spring , Lord willing. Besides playing guitar this , over the years , has been the most enjoyable hobby i have ever had. Beats golf or fishing...Peace my freinds

Daveroo
January 26th, 2015, 06:47
welcome back...i hope your medical issues have settled..

phrantic
January 30th, 2015, 05:00
Hi all,

just got my "+" these days - thx for that! :)
Now what should I say...? I originally come from the racesim-scene, where I spent a lot of time over the past years as (of course) racedriver, team-co-owner, skinner/painter and so on. I'm still around there every now and then, but many of the comrades moved to new platforms which didn't attract me that much. It was the right time to move the focus a bit towards flightsimming again. I tried it before, but it was as time consuming as the racesimming and I abandoned it several times for that reason.

I was a bit into aviation since I was a child. Mostly military stuff with shooting and all that. :) Dunno how it came. I assembled a 1/100 scale model of a MiG-17 at the age of 7 or so. Next was a TU-20. But then I got a kit of the Mil Mi-10K. THAT must have been the point when my soft spot for helicopters began to move towards something like an addiction. Plus the fact that lots of Mi-8/17s circled around where I grew up (former GDR, at the Czech border). They flew almost directly over our house, maybe 200m away, but I still needed binoculars to see the craft more detailed.

Last year or so I saw a copy of FSX Gold for 20-ish euros and grabbed it. Cheap as it was. Then it started to get a bit mad. UTX, GEX, REX, German Landmarks (where I'm from), Switzerland ProX (where I live since 2002), various addons etc... It turned out to be not that cheap as it looked like initially. Lol!

Anyways, atm I mostly use the AS Huey (TSS sound and HTR ftw!) mostly plus a (seemingly) new Mi-8, which grew to me immediately. I'll post about that in another part of the forum if someone's interested. Just that (before someone shouts "Piracy!") - it's just a refurbished Vladimir Zhyhulskiy Mi-8 conversion. The one which was available everywhere with no working panelstuff. ;)
My areas are the those where I come from/live plus Vietnam with that cool Vietnamwarproject-scenery.
Furthermore I'm about to get into some ai-flightplanning to fill up my skies a bit with cold-war-era jets and helos. Just for being not alone up there and to have somthing to look at or to follow.
Then I think of gettin' into skinning. Shouldn't be that difficult since I painted 100-ish cars for GTR2.

Oh, since many of you guys have a military background, I'll tell mine aswell. Nothing big, but it was a good time. I served from 1996 - 2000 in a Special Engineers battalion, did one SFOR and one KFOR mission and some cool maneuvres in England and Belgium. Both airmobile engineer trainings. So I flew in several helicopters; CH-47 (HC.1/3 in that case), Lynx, BO-105 (birthday present by a high ranked officer during a flood operation) and CH-53G. Still some good memories here. :)
Besides being a passenger due to pure luck I never had anything to do with aircrafts of any type or form.

Okay, enough bored, lol.

Greetz

Rob

Jorj
May 4th, 2015, 11:54
First off...thanks Paul for the invitation to post. Looking forward to meeting new flight sim fans. I was a huge CFS1 ansd CFS2 fan back in the the late 90's..and early 2000's. Have not played in years, but recently re-installed CFS2 on my 'puter. Used to be able to find great people to fly and shoot down (he he) at the old MSN gaming zone. Miss the fun. I hope I can meet virtual pilots here to fly with via IP connection.

nene
May 30th, 2015, 07:08
Hello,
Thank you for your reception and hello with all the community for your forum.
I present myself, I am French, with the retirement soon 70 years, private old driver plane and sailplane and continuous from time to time to appease my aeronautical passion with the Fsx simulator.
I do not speak your language and uses the automatic translator. what will often prevent me poster.
I like your forum and regularly consults it since step badly time, in particular the hot spots like C47 Dc3 by Ian, a true wonder that await it impatiently.
I would have liked to also download the skin metal red bull for new P-38 L Milviz (P-38-L Red Bull for Milviz Redux.zip) but I do not can dowload.

Thank you still.
Well Cordially.
Nene

Dumonceau
May 30th, 2015, 08:15
Bonjour Nene,

Normalement, il n'y a aucun problème pour télécharger les fichiers de Sim-Outhouse si tu es membre. Et visiblement tu l'es.

Il y a quelques administrateurs du site qui parlent le Français. Huub Vink par exemple. Je suis sûr que Huub veut bien t'aider!

Mais bienvenu chez Sim-Outhouse!

Bien à toi,

Johan

Dumonceau
May 30th, 2015, 08:18
Bonjour Nene,

Normalement, il n'y a aucun problème pour télécharger les fichiers de Sim-Outhouse si tu es membre. Et visiblement tu l'es.

Il y a quelques administrateurs du site qui parlent le Français. Huub Vink par exemple. Je suis sûr que Huub veut bien t'aider!

Mais n'hésites pas de m'envoyer un message personnel en Français. je suis Belge et je me débrouille dans la langue de Mollière! ;-)

Mais avant tout bienvenu chez Sim-Outhouse!

Bien à toi,

Johan

Umbriellan
June 2nd, 2015, 00:14
Hello everyone !

I'm a little frenchie, 21 years, coming right from WarThunder with the same username.
Even if I'm impressed by simulator games I didn't play one for now.

I am coming here, to share with you my work and also my difficulties: in fact, there is only a few days now, Gaijin (the WarThunder's society) finally allow what we can called "UserPlanes" - they are aerial unit imported by players.
Like WarThunder is pretty lacking of some units (the game timeline is from 1928 (the Po-2 & TB-3M) to 1953~ (MiG-15 & F-86 Sabre) ) using concept of National Tech-Tree (we have USA / U-K / German / USSR / Japan).

As exemple:
France appear only with three premium aircraft in the UK-Tree: a DB-7, a D.520 and a D.521 (non-historical: same set of weapon, but with the Spitfire engine...)
Italy appear with a micro-tech-tree in the German one: CR.42, G.50 Freccia (2 variants), MC.200 (2 variants), the MC.202 Folgore & some S.79 Sparviero.

A game like this "good" to make historical battle from the middle to the end of the WW2, but that's it.
That's why I want to import some new aircraft, but to do it I need to have 3D model... Or I don't know how to do it with 3DS Max 2011. Here comes my idea: import 3D models which are already existing elsewhere (with free access, sure).

For now it's quite good, as you could see there:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23645&stc=1

It is a Dewoitine 510 from Helijah, found on sketchfab. I need to learn how to make Animation & Damaged Skin and this D.510 will be complete.

I come here to show this work and mostly to receive help, tips from you (a community with real aircraft creators).

I hope I can create a link between our community http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23647&stc=1

William_Brand
August 23rd, 2015, 09:28
Hello!

I want to thank Dangerous Dave for taking special pains to get me in here and to PRB for extending plus status. This is a great place -- I was here several years ago and then fell out of touch somehow. I make no secret of the fact that I'm a user of other people's work, the great work that's available here, because despite some fitful efforts that came to nothing over the years, I just can't create at this level. Which only makes it all the more impressive to be able to see what others are doing, the talented makers and consultants, specialists and tweakers who offer innocuous but highly rewarding recreation to people all over the world. Being a member here at SOH gives some substance to that feeling of being in a community.

I grew up in a place that back then lay between the place where they built AVCO/Lycoming engines and the place where they made Piper Cubs. Lots of my friends' parents worked at one or another of those places and in those days there was still an expectation that everyone could afford to choose between buying a second car and buying a private plane, and I can still smell the machine oil on the new instruments and feel the buckle on the seat belt as well as I did when I was six years old. And those were the days when you also had to hold your mom's hand and calm her down as you flew short hops around Pennsylvania on Allegheny Airlines... When I discovered FS98 I got hooked, and I'm still at it in FS9. As for later-life experiences that might bear in some way on SOH, there haven't been many but I don't know what was more of a thrill, either an unexpected meeting with Col. Tibbets when a B-29 made a weather-related stop at an airport I was living near, or my first ride in the back of an Antonov-2. Anyway, what we're all after is the realistic simulation of a much-imagined experience, my wife doesn't mind, and here I am, feeling honored to be among you.

Thanks again for letting me in, and all the best,
Bill Brand

Milton Shupe
August 23rd, 2015, 14:39
Hello!

I want to thank Dangerous Dave for taking special pains to get me in here and to PRB for extending plus status. This is a great place -- I was here several years ago and then fell out of touch somehow. I make no secret of the fact that I'm a user of other people's work, the great work that's available here, because despite some fitful efforts that came to nothing over the years, I just can't create at this level. Which only makes it all the more impressive to be able to see what others are doing, the talented makers and consultants, specialists and tweakers who offer innocuous but highly rewarding recreation to people all over the world. Being a member here at SOH gives some substance to that feeling of being in a community.

I grew up in a place that back then lay between the place where they built AVCO/Lycoming engines and the place where they made Piper Cubs. Lots of my friends' parents worked at one or another of those places and in those days there was still an expectation that everyone could afford to choose between buying a second car and buying a private plane, and I can still smell the machine oil on the new instruments and feel the buckle on the seat belt as well as I did when I was six years old. And those were the days when you also had to hold your mom's hand and calm her down as you flew short hops around Pennsylvania on Allegheny Airlines... When I discovered FS98 I got hooked, and I'm still at it in FS9. As for later-life experiences that might bear in some way on SOH, there haven't been many but I don't know what was more of a thrill, either an unexpected meeting with Col. Tibbets when a B-29 made a weather-related stop at an airport I was living near, or my first ride in the back of an Antonov-2. Anyway, what we're all after is the realistic simulation of a much-imagined experience, my wife doesn't mind, and here I am, feeling honored to be among you.

Thanks again for letting me in, and all the best,
Bill Brand

Bill,

Let me be the first to welcome you Sir. :wavey: The Outhouse is a great place to be. I hope to see you contributing/supporting over in the FS2004 forum where we have lots going on.

I too flew Allegheny in/out of Salisbury MD to KBWI and Washington National (at the time). Loved it.

Don't be a stranger Sir.

céléstins
August 24th, 2015, 11:57
Hi!

I'm Sam (aka Céléstins), to just give a quick summary I am 23 half French,half American AvGeek living in the UK and working as a cabin crew member for a major (orange) european airline, I am also a private pilot (in training) flying on cessna 172 planes (I started on a piper PA-28 Dakota).
Also used to be a one of th lead moderators on a forum for a french-military police mod for emergency4 called the gendmod (forum which unfortunatly closed).

Why am I joining SOH? Because being greatly passionate about warbirds, something tells me this is the right place to be :wavey:.

I am currently running under fs2004 (it take about 150 GO on my hard disk).

I would also take this opportunity to thank the administrating team (PRB and Dave) for their warm and friendly welcome on the forum .

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Sam
:triumphant:

Navy Chief
August 24th, 2015, 12:48
Welcome to SOH, Sam. You're going to like it here. Very friendly folk, and a lot of knowledge to help you. :encouragement: NC

Milton Shupe
August 24th, 2015, 14:13
Hi Sam :wavey:

Welcome to our home; it is a great place to hangout especially if you like warbirds.

See you in the FS2004 forums.

William_Brand
August 25th, 2015, 15:32
Bill,

Let me be the first to welcome you Sir. :wavey: The Outhouse is a great place to be. I hope to see you contributing/supporting over in the FS2004 forum where we have lots going on.

I too flew Allegheny in/out of Salisbury MD to KBWI and Washington National (at the time). Loved it.

Don't be a stranger Sir.

Dear Mr. Shupe,

How I've enjoyed your planes over the years, Sir, and I won't pretend that wanting to get my hands on the Lodestar wasn't a big factor in my wanting to become a member. But how would I have guessed that you're a fellow Allegheny survivor? I can remember flying to National Airport from Williamsport, Penn. as a kid of about 6, probably with stops in Phillipsburg and Hagerstown... The stewardesses (as they were) could always be counted on to come around passing out little green hard candies along with the paper bags when we flew over the Pennsylvania mountains.

All the best,
Bill

BoxxMann
September 10th, 2015, 11:23
Greetings from Florida! I'm BoxxMann :)

FlameOut
September 10th, 2015, 16:17
Back at you, BoxxMann. :wavey:

Some good info, discussion, and all round good times 'round here.

Daveroo
September 10th, 2015, 19:18
Greetings from Florida! I'm BoxxMann :)

i hope you enjoy the SOH as much as the rest of us do..welcome

Jean Loup
September 16th, 2015, 13:38
Hello SOH members: my name is Jean Loup, I am a mexican that was born german in Paris Françe january 18 1943. For obvious reasons we went undercover at the valley of Chevreuse, from late 1944 to january 1948. Then we went as refugees to Pamplona Spain, and finally had asilum in México since January 1956. My first ride in an aircraft was in January 1950, in a Tante Ju (Ju-52/3m) of Iberia airline, named Guadiana (I made a skin in FS 2004 for her, my godmother of flight) with my uncle Otto at the commands. He let me handle them & became inlove with flight.

I was sent to this Sim site when searching for Gee Bee's & you have them ALL!! I could not download any until I registered, then I became curious & here I am giving you headaches!! This forum is friendly and got hooked, ni modo.

Really good that Springfield Scenery, with all Traffic files. I fly in Golden Wings 3, my other sim is FS 2004 with Silver Wings config. Tirty's & fifty's are my favorite eras in aviation. I did some skydiving 20 years ago, and in the past handled the controls (in flight) of a Stearman Kadet, a few Cessnas, some ultralights & took off from Puerto Escondido (after practice runs like all morning) in a Maule of my friend, owner & pilot Robert. He made me practice "eye on the ball" and navigation to Chacahua lagoons (half an hour flight) and when landing... well, you know how "forgiving" taildraggers can be with first timers: Robert kept the Maule straight on the tarmac, my reflexes were not there!! Yes, I prefer taildraggers but ultralighs like Quicksilver being tricycle gear I landed them with no problems (never flew solo.. yet).

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29177&stc=1 What I downloaded from SOH

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29180&stc=1 My godmother of flight

Hasta la Vista :ichile:

toorop
September 20th, 2015, 09:02
Hello,

My name is Jean-Paul and I am a new member on this Forum (unfortunately "not so new" at all as I am 57 years old...).

I am living in France quite all the time near LFBD and LFCS but also part of the year in Argentina - near SAZM -(yes, I am a French frog-eater : so I apologize for my bad English).

I made some contributions for FSX and X-Plane in the past (like the adaptation for FSX SP2 of the wonderfull DR221 made for FS9 by François-Denis Guidée & Yves Franckart available on FS-Tutoriels : http://www.fs-tutoriels.com/fr/tel_avion_DR221_02.php and conversions of Michel Mangonaux's amazing sceneries both versions availables on www.simaltitude.fr ). I am using "lucky" as nickname on Pilote-Virtuel.com and Libertysim.net where I made most of my posts an "lucky72" on X-Plane.org where some of my scenery conversions are also available (like Guy Nemoz 's scenery of AGGN) - of course all these adaptations or conversions were made with the author's authorizations -...

My favorites simulators is now FSX (Steam Edition version for the good performances and stability in DX10 mode on my Windows 8.1 laptop). I also like Condor (from far the best simulator for gliders for me).
But in the past I did use all FS versions since FS95, also X-Plane 7,8,9,10 and CFS1 2 and 3 :bee: (by the way also Train and ship simulators...).

Hope I will be able to make some interesting contributions to this Forum.

Thank you for having me here.

Jean-Paul (toorop)

Navy Chief
September 20th, 2015, 10:19
Welcome to SOH, Jean-Paul:encouragement:

Thank you for your flight simulation contributions. I personally am not familiar with the DR221, and I do not have X-Plane. But I am always MOST appreciative of every flight sim designers skill (freeware and payware):applause:

A lot of great folks are here on SOH, and the knowledge of every area of flight simulation (and other sims as well) is amazing!!

Navy Chief (Pete) or in Francais.....Pierre!

TARPSBird
September 30th, 2015, 12:02
Welcome aboard Jean-Paul! :wavey:

Mark
October 9th, 2015, 22:14
Hello!

I've been around FS for years but don't know anything about warbirds so always tended to stay away from this site. Recently decided to take a look through the forum and found what a great place it is! You have a fantastic community here and discussion for everyone!
And the Mallard! WOW!!! Looking great!!!

Very pleased to be a part of the group! :wiggle:

greencan
October 21st, 2015, 05:27
My full name is Harro van de Groenekan, and I am Dutch. My American friends made it Greencan, and that was allright with me.

Age 65, active member of the Dutchfs community and 'playing' FS since 1982 (Fs1 on the TRS80).
I grew up nearby EHSB, Soesterberg, Holland. An American airforcebase from 1954 until 1994.
Needless to say that I fell in love with the F4 somewhere around the late sixties. The B&W picture below must have been taken in '68, '69 or so (by me).

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30438&stc=1

The fact that the pilots were waving at spotters is remarkable, because we were not supposed to be there...
When Milviz released the F4, an old dream came true!
The real thing:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30439&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30440&stc=1

And the Milviz version. I tried to locate it on the same spot.

ViperPilot2
October 21st, 2015, 08:49
Welcome to SOH, Harro & Mark!

Alan :encouragement:

ZiePeregrine
February 8th, 2016, 09:43
Well hello flight enthusiasts,

I am Zieperegrine and contrary to most people here I play fsx little compared to other "games" warthunder being one of them. Apart from a vivid flight enthusiast like we all are here I am decent at moddeling. Some of my work can be found here: http://live.warthunder.com/user/ZiePeregrine/

Apart from that not much to say apart from well hello I am Zie "/zei/" (obviously not my real name) I come from the netherlands, I am 15 years old and a relative noob with fsx :/.

Sincerely ZiePeregrine
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Please excuse my brevity within this message
E: lltbakker@gmail.com
A (alias): ZiePeregrine/Bytehead/Atrav

N743TC
March 17th, 2016, 14:02
About me?
I built my Long EZ about 25 years ago and put about 1,000 hrs flight time in it before I sold it in 1999.
I assisted Murdo Camaron in building his full size carbon fiber P-51 http://www.cameronaircraft.com
I also assisted in the building of the Rutan Voyager. The airplane that set the last absolute aviation record (around the world flight without refueling)
I have been away from flying since selling my EZ and am just now getting fired up again.
I intend to get IFR current again and plan to use Steam FSX to stay tight.
I am starting to gather information to build a full size, fully detailed and functional P-51D Mustang cockpit, and would like input form this group.
The A/C to be copied time line would be just after the K-14A gunsight. Info from Warbirdsim is that the series would be P-51D-20-NA
I am especially looking for detailed measurements.
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
TC

Jonbouy
April 6th, 2016, 14:09
Hello all

I haven't been around for a long time, so long I couldn't remember my previous log-in details so I created a new account.

I did used to be an active member (or pest) over at the old FFDS forum probably 10 years ago and even had my own virtual 'Pub' there at one time which was likely set up to keep me out of harms way!!!...:mixed-smiley-027:

I've already noticed some familiar names so it'll be good to catch up with what's new, what's changed and probably more importantly what is still the same.

Looking forward to chewing the fat and perhaps even extruding some new mesh.

jcomm
August 3rd, 2016, 23:40
Hi!

My name is José ( just like in the sig :-) ).

I'm a long time simmer, with more than 25 yrs of simming, mostly civil flight simulators.

In real life I fly too, gliders, for more than 36 yrs.

I am particularly interested in flight dynamics modeling, but also in accurate simulation of aircraft systems.

Been using MSFS since the first version, but many, many other titles as well.

I am a beta tester for HiFiTech, since some years, and also for ELITE Simulation Solutions.

My sims at the moment are: Aerofly FS2, a platform I am putting very strong hopes for a good and promissing future, FSX:SE and ELITE.

I have used combat flight simulators, including good old CFS, and more recently DCS World and IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad, not because I have any fassion for air combat, but rather because I seldom find in a civil flight simulator the same quality of flight dynamics modeling.

nicovanj
October 2nd, 2016, 15:19
Thanks Paul.

Hello from Pretoria, South Africa.

Started in 1984 with MSFS and still going strong with P3D v3.4

Eagle Spirit
December 3rd, 2016, 10:49
Greetings to my fellow pilots.

It's my pleasure to be aboard.

I am a Amphibious Force Recon Marine (06). I am recovering from a rather serious spinal cord injury (C-2-3-4) and working towards gaining the use of my arms and legs again. I've recovered all but the use of my right hand (a work in progress). :running:
I've been "FSX simming" for approximately 10 years. GA to military. First love is "bush". I have admired SOH for years and finally decided to hookup.:ernaehrung004: As you might have guessed from above, I'm a one handed flyer atm. Thank goodness for Saitek. Flight makes the time "fly" by and takes my mind off the scary stuff.:icon32:

BTW, solo flight is getting a bit boring, so I'd like to have the opportunity to fly with others. Not a VAT Sim guy, as to structured. Not much into combat (have had my fill of that). Any suggestions?

Best Regards, and Merry Christmas to you all.:santahat:

Eagle

Daveroo
December 3rd, 2016, 10:55
Eagle,welcome to the "family".glad to read you are positive and on the mend,injuries stink.

Dangerousdave26
December 3rd, 2016, 14:16
In the Around the World Race Forum there is a group who fly regularly online. They refer to themselves as Flight 19.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?6-Around-The-World-Race-Multiplayer-Events

There most recent adventure is

An unnamed "corporate" entity from the USA has sponsored a Flight 19 tour of Tasmania and Australia.

Parked at Hobart International Airport checking out an eager Cessna 337 off a fresh annual.

http://i.imgur.com/Gm5EvSI.jpg

The Unknown Corporate entity is most likely MercAir but don't let any one know I told you that.

PM Willy or Moses03 to get details on when they fly.

Little Chacha
January 14th, 2017, 07:16
For all the new SOH members, WELCOME!

We encourage all of our new members to participate actively in our forums! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the SOH Community! We'd love to hear from you!

And if you haven't seen or read our simple Rules & Guidelines, check this one out...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/content.php?r=17-Terms-Of-Service

But most of all, enjoy yourself and join in on discussions, or create your own. We are all here to learn and enjoy, no matter the skill level. When you post introducing yourself, feel free to include an image to break the ice.

SOH has much to offer! You can even connect using your Facebook account!

Take a moment and take a peak at some of our forums:

The Newshawks: A melting pot of aviation news, current events and entertainment.
FSX: Announcements and general information about the product. You will also find tweaks and guides.
Photography: General information & discussion about cameras, post-processing, reviews, etc. You can even share some of your favorite shots with us.
The Cantina: A place to relax, share a few laughs with jokes and witty sayings, we even play games. Come on in to the Cantina and have some fun with other members.

Thank you so much and once again, welcome!

Best Regards,

The SOH Staff

I cannot find the Rules & Regulations...

Hi my name is H. Elisha
Born and raise from Florida
I am just exploring the Outhouse
I came here to ask for help.
And you were very generous to help me, I got a 100% from my school principal.
That was awesome.

PRB
January 14th, 2017, 07:26
Try here...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/content.php/127-terms-of-use_1

Little Chacha
January 14th, 2017, 07:28
Try here...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/content.php/127-terms-of-use_1

Thank you Mr PRB! :wavey:

PRB
January 14th, 2017, 07:31
Thank you Mr PRB! :wavey:

You're welcome Hannah, and thanks for pointing out our error. I fixed Ron's original post! :encouragement:

alexcolka
March 1st, 2017, 18:41
Hi Paul and friends!
I'm Alexander Colka from Guayaquil, Ecuador, I'm very happy to be part of this great community and share experiences with you guys, many thanks for letting me be here.
Best regards,
Alex

Pere
March 4th, 2017, 08:36
Hello everyone, first of all let me introduce myself, my name is Pere, it is the Catalan translation of the name Peter, I am from Barcelona because of my low knowledge of English I see myself in the obligation of writing with the translator of google I love the FSX since Many years, although it is thanks to this page that I started to take my simulator seriously, surely I will not be able to contribute much to the community, but I hope to learn a lot from you, happy flights

Roger
March 4th, 2017, 09:37
Welcome Pere!

Daveroo
March 4th, 2017, 11:20
Hello everyone, first of all let me introduce myself, my name is Pere, it is the Catalan translation of the name Peter, I am from Barcelona because of my low knowledge of English I see myself in the obligation of writing with the translator of google I love the FSX since Many years, although it is thanks to this page that I started to take my simulator seriously, surely I will not be able to contribute much to the community, but I hope to learn a lot from you, happy flights

Benvingut a la SOF Peter.im segur que gaudirà i les grans amistats que es formen here.have diversió de volar. Dave

Cats
March 9th, 2017, 20:30
Fellow simmers,

I have been virtual flying for about 6 years now and have enjoyed every minute. I still fly FS9 due to the fact that my wife whispered in my ear that she would be in court the following day for a homicide if I decided to change. I live in Indianapolis, Indiana USA and am retired. Married, 2 daughters, grand kids, 2 cats and 1 dog! Picked up my nickname years ago while visiting in Southeast Asia for just over a year!

Just recently I obtained a copy of CFS 2 and CFS 3. I didn't know what I was missing. Look forward to learning from the experts here, and hope after some time, to offer something in return.

My best,

Scott Clawson

Navy Chief
March 10th, 2017, 11:01
Fellow simmers,

I have been virtual flying for about 6 years now and have enjoyed every minute. I still fly FS9 due to the fact that my wife whispered in my ear that she would be in court the following day for a homicide if I decided to change. I live in Indianapolis, Indiana USA and am retired. Married, 2 daughters, grand kids, 2 cats and 1 dog! Picked up my nickname years ago while visiting in Southeast Asia for just over a year!

Just recently I obtained a copy of CFS 2 and CFS 3. I didn't know what I was missing. Look forward to learning from the experts here, and hope after some time, to offer something in return.

My best,

Scott Clawson

Welcome to SOH, Scott. I am originally from Indy. Still have two sisters & cousins who live up there, but I chose to cut off all contact with them. Long story. Lots of friendly people on this forum, with a wealth of knowledge. NC:encouragement:

Snake323CO
March 19th, 2017, 09:54
Thanks for setting me up , Paul.
Hello all. A little about me and my 'simming' background.
I've been in the computer business since 1983, and have been flying sims since 1984 when MFS 2.0 came out, and started flying combat flight sims with F-16 Fighting Falcon that same year. I've continue to fly the MFS series up to and including FSX, as well as flying combat sims from Falcon 3.0 thru Falcon BMS and just about every combat sims that has come out.
In 1994, I became a member of a local flight simulation center called Fightertown, where you would climb into actual cockpits, and fly 'coop' missions with other members. They had 8 cockpits that were interactive, and you could do just about anything the military did. (The place was amazing.) Anyway, in 1996, the owner was branching out into being a 3rd party video game developer. I was asked to join the team, and I created the missions, and created the sound effects for 3 published combat flight games by Eagle Interactive....Sabre Ace(97), Luftwaffe Commander(98), and Ultra Fighters(98).
We also ventured out into turning actual cockpits into something the public could fly. We had several museums, where the public could come in, climb into a cockpit, and dogfight each other.
The last venture we had together was the creation of Combat Pilot back in 2012. It was an 'add-on' for FSX, and was created as an interactive MMO type sim, built around the actual type of training the military does for a pilot to achieve his/her wings. After which, you progress into combat training. I created all the missions (please no name calling), and sound effects, as well as all the software integration. I was also responsible for all beta testing. (some of you may have actually dealt with me.)
Currently, I am lending my hand in helping a local flight center, with upgrading their cockpits and software.
That's about it. As you can see, I've had my hand in the flight sim arena for quite some time.

Take Care
-Snake

CDR Storm
May 13th, 2017, 16:22
Hi Team.

I earned my Naval Aviator wings in 1976 and joined the fleet flying the A-7E Corsair off the USS Kitty Hawk (216 carrier landings, but who’s counting?). I began instructing in A-7s for the Navy in 1980 at NAS Lemoore, CA. I earned my civilian CFI the same year and became President of the NAS Lemoore Flying Club. I enjoyed teaching in the same T-34B that I had soloed in, when I was at Pensacola five years earlier.

I left active duty in 1982 and joined the Naval Reserves. I spent three years flying the UC-12B (Beechcraft King Air) from Andrews AFB. I spent another ten years in the Reserves with the Naval Air Systems Command at NAS Patuxent River. I have since retired from the Navy.

After spending time in corporate America, I have returned to my love of teaching flying. I recently taught midshipmen at Lee Airport through the Navy Annapolis Flight Center and am now sharing the fun of Sport Flying as an instructor at Chesapeake Sport Pilot at Bay Bridge Airport, W29.

I fly FSX, X-Plane 10 and 11, and have dabbled in DCS. My full time job is IT Director for a Defense contractor.

papab
May 13th, 2017, 19:08
Welcome CDR Storm!
Welcome to SOH, you will find this great place to get questions answered and communicate with others that enjoy the same passion you do!

I served in the US NAVY (70-74) as a jet mechanic on the RA5C Vigilante, RVAH-9. Stationed in ALbany ,GA. and then they closed Albany and we moved to NAS Key West-real terrible duty station-LOL:untroubled: Three MED cruises-Saratoga,Forrestal and Independence..

Watched an A-7 go off the waist cats on the Forrestal and the canopy ripped off,pilot ejected and we recovered him, all was well
They blamed the Plane Captain for not telling the PIC to lock the plexiglass....

Rick

encycler
May 17th, 2017, 10:10
My greeting to the distinguished community and thank you for your hospitality!
Military pensioner. I have two children - a son and a daughter, as well as two dogs and three cats. I fly to the FSХ and sometimes I make videos. Thank for taking the time to read all this.:encouragement:

Михаил

encycler
May 17th, 2017, 19:58
Hi, How are you?

I've got some problems with my English, but I made up my mind to study it properly, and I hope I'll cope with it soon. I need some time.

Михаил

PhantomTweak
May 17th, 2017, 21:55
Just between you and me, there are people BORN in English-speaking countries, like America, Britain, Australia, etc, that can't/won't/don't speak or write English worth a darn. It's really kind of sad. With the advent of "text-speak", as I call it, or the style of typing and speaking used in smart-phone text messaging, it's getting worse, too.
I realize, English is an "evolving language", but come on, folks. Making LOL, Cray-cray, and so on ad nauseam part of your everyday communication skills is just absurd.
Sorry, I ramble.
Have a good time y'all :D
Pat☺

encycler
May 18th, 2017, 03:40
Just between you and me, there are people BORN in English-speaking countries, like America, Britain, Australia, etc, that can't/won't/don't speak or write English worth a darn. It's really kind of sad. With the advent of "text-speak", as I call it, or the style of typing and speaking used in smart-phone text messaging, it's getting worse, too.
I realize, English is an "evolving language", but come on, folks. Making LOL, Cray-cray, and so on ad nauseam part of your everyday communication skills is just absurd.
Sorry, I ramble.
Have a good time y'all :D
Pat☺

thanks for the support Pat:ernaehrung004:

OzWookiee
June 27th, 2017, 02:50
Hey guys, Just coming on board as I've stumbled across the incredible C-47 hosted here and want to keep updated on her progress.
I fly X-Plane and now P3D for the C-47.

theohall
July 5th, 2017, 17:15
Greetings.

I'm Theo. Retired Navy Avionics Tech. Last Flight Sim I messed around with was FS98. Currently enjoying the Early Access Flight Sim World and creating missions with the Mission Editor. This is what led me to this forum. There are some excellent ideas in the Round the World threads which would translate well to missions using the GA aircraft which are the only ones currently featured in FSW. Looking forward to discussing stuff and learning more about add-ons.

(I do have FSX, but wound up acquiring it and Dovetail Flight School at the same time. This led to early access FSW being free and DTG is being very communicative about their updates and asking users to submit reports for things to fix - yes, there are a lot of things to fix - which is why it's Early Access)

PhantomTweak
July 6th, 2017, 10:23
I'm Theo. Retired Navy Avionics Tech.

Welcome aboard, Theo! I'm sure you'll get a warm welcome, and plenty of help. This is a great Forum, lotsa very nice, helpful people. Very well versed in the intricacies (big word of the day :untroubled: ) of the flightsims.

May I ask, as I was AIMD Avionics myself, were you O or I level AVI? And what shop? Just being nosey, is all. I was WC 630, I level Radar for the F-4's.

Anyway, nice to meet you. Hope you have a great time. I sure do!
Pat☺

Saxon_Krieger
July 6th, 2017, 17:36
Thanks for inviting me to the Members+ Group. Kinda' reminds me of the old Arlo Guthrie song, "Alice's Restaurant", and him being assigned to the group "W" bench in the Armed Forces Induction Station. I guess I am showing my age here. If you know the song, no offense. I put some about myself on my profile, but I will repeat here. I was a L.E.O. (Law Enforcement Officer) in both the Military (USAF) and Civilian lives, spending many years with a K-9 partner. I am also a Certified (AAS) Paramedic. I enjoy target shooting of all types, studying Military History (have several relatives who were conscripts of the Wehrmacht in WWII; my Dad was a Bombardier on a B-29 flying off Guam). I was a member of SOH several years ago, but life happens, as they say (who ever 'They' are?). I have not been in the virtual cockpit for awhile, now using Win10-64 and some assistive tech, so bear with me, I will have many ?'s. I am fairly tech literate, building PC's is a hobby of mine (still trying to get a handle on Win10, so far, I think it SUX!)
I completed the sign-up process for this group, but still can not post to the Forums, so while I have your attention:

I have my original 2 CD version of CFS3. I have the chance to buy a 1 DVD version. Here's details: The package says "Microsoft Combat Flight Sim, Europe" (basically). No version # is listed. CC is 1998. Pictured is a P-51 in flight, at about the 10 o'clock level position (not in combat). DVD is in Great shape. My buddy is asking $15.00 USD. Will that vers be of any benefit, or easier to work with, while installing to Win10-64 ? Or is it too old? I have all of my patches and updates saved. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks again, and it is good to be back-

Saxon

theohall
July 6th, 2017, 19:39
May I ask, as I was AIMD Avionics myself, were you O or I level AVI? And what shop? Just being nosey, is all. I was WC 630, I level Radar for the F-4's.
Thanks, Pat! And that is a fun question when it comes to my experience.

Started I-Level in a 64B shop in Spain supporting EP-3s. This work center fixed all kinds of stuff - radios, radars, direction finding stuff, digital audio recorders, reel-to-reel recorders, and anything that wasn't a "com radio", crypto, or weather radar. In other words, almost everything from the cockpit firewall to the back end. Fantastic opportunity for me in terms of learning and repairing all kinds of electronics.

Then wound up I-level on the USS Inchon when it was a Mine Countermeasures Command and Control Ship supporting minesweeping MH-53s. Wound up learning how to repair towed sonar arrays, com radios, radar altimeters, and ICS. In other words, everything I hadn't learned in Spain. WCs 74C, 610, and 690. Shore duty followed with nothing new...

Off to I-level on the Truman now supporting the F-14s on their last Gulf deployment, F-18s, E-2s, S-3s, H-60s and anything else that landed on our ship and needed help. Again - 610/690 with QA thrown in.

Last real electronics job was 2nd to last tour where I as an O-level guy at an E-2 squadron. (W/C 210) Thankfully, proving I could fix stuff didn't take long that's to all the earlier experience, because those O-level dudes really did not like having an I-level dude as their boss... until I could fix stuff quicker than most of them.

Could have done without the 690 (2M stuff), but overall lots of experience in different areas.

theohall
July 6th, 2017, 19:44
I have my original 2 CD version of CFS3. I have the chance to buy a 1 DVD version. Here's details: The package says "Microsoft Combat Flight Sim, Europe" (basically). No version # is listed. CC is 1998. Pictured is a P-51 in flight, at about the 10 o'clock level position (not in combat). DVD is in Great shape. My buddy is asking $15.00 USD. Will that vers be of any benefit, or easier to work with, while installing to Win10-64 ? Or is it too old? I have all of my patches and updates saved. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks again, and it is good to be back-

Saxon

Check this thread. They should be able to answer any questions about getting it to run.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/95454-Running-CFS3-in-Windows-10-solved-for-now

HyFlyer
September 8th, 2017, 12:34
Hello all!

I am about as new as you can be here, and just wanted to take a moment to say hello, and comment admiringly on the furniture.

Otherwise, I just need to know if there is there any beer.......... :ernaehrung004:

Ganter
September 8th, 2017, 13:03
Hello all!

I am about as new as you can be here, and just wanted to take a moment to say hello, and comment admiringly on the furniture.

Otherwise, I just need to know if there is there any beer.......... :ernaehrung004:

Welcome HyFlyer.

Here will you find both excellent quality furniture and plenty of beer.
We are a Forum of many parts but we stand united in the pursuit of all things Military, Navy and (mostly) what goes on in the air.

Welcome.

wombat666
September 8th, 2017, 20:05
Indeed yes, speaking of 'what goes on in the air'...... welcome to the Mile High Club.
:biggrin-new:

gman5250
September 8th, 2017, 20:50
Welcome Sir...consider yourself forewarned. From this point forward...proceed at your own risk.
The furniture...well yes, quite a few cigarette burns and glass rings, but otherwise, of a craftsmanship that hearkens back to an era lost to the memory of all but those whom savor the lingering patina of Lacquer and Tung oil.

First round is on me. The running tab shall be a matter for another discussion.

:very_drunk::very_drunk:

Spook48
September 9th, 2017, 00:08
Hi all , :wavey:

I just wanted to say "hello" . I have been around flightsimming since the early days way back in the mid 90,s.
I was an active member on the cfs2-online boards aswell as on SOH. (under the name "Spook")
I build some panels and also did some repaints for cfs2 and for the MFS wich was active on that time.
I guess some of those should still be around in the library. I wont be as active as i was but i will be lurking around from time to time .
It is good to see many familiar names are still around and the quality of the addons is still very high , if not , even better.

HyFlyer
September 11th, 2017, 16:53
Welcome Sir...consider yourself forewarned. From this point forward...proceed at your own risk.
The furniture...well yes, quite a few cigarette burns and glass rings, but otherwise, of a craftsmanship that hearkens back to an era lost to the memory of all but those whom savor the lingering patina of Lacquer and Tung oil.

First round is on me. The running tab shall be a matter for another discussion.

:very_drunk::very_drunk:

Thanks for the welcome, guys. :wavey:

CF104
September 18th, 2017, 08:48
Hello fellow simmers,

I have been away from the sim community for a little while so this is just a quick introduction.

My first exposure to the sim world was with FS I on an Apple II in 1982. This didn't last long and I didn't pick it back up until 1994 and FS 5.0. Since then I've been running every version of MSFS and have graduated to the P3D crowd and am currently running V4.

I have been an on and off simmer for the past couple years but have decided to pick it back up more seriously.

As a side not I was also the sound designer for the SSTSIM Concorde and am interested in creating some sound packages for the SOH community.

Cheers,

John

PhantomTweak
September 18th, 2017, 10:52
Welcome, John!
Or is it welcome back? Well, you get the idea :semi-twins:

Look forward to seeing you in the forums.
Also hope to see your sound packages. I'm sure they'll be a great addition :encouragement:

Have fun!
Pat☺

Ganter
September 18th, 2017, 12:13
Hello fellow simmers,

I have been away from the sim community for a little while so this is just a quick introduction.

My first exposure to the sim world was with FS I on an Apple II in 1982. This didn't last long and I didn't pick it back up until 1994 and FS 5.0. Since then I've been running every version of MSFS and have graduated to the P3D crowd and am currently running V4.

I have been an on and off simmer for the past couple years but have decided to pick it back up more seriously.

As a side not I was also the sound designer for the SSTSIM Concorde and am interested in creating some sound packages for the SOH community.

Cheers,

John

Welcome (back) John,

Great sound is halfway to complete immersion - as I always say.

Get cracking. You'll have lots of willing Betas here.

wingnutzster
October 24th, 2017, 09:53
Good day fellow virtual aviators, thanks for having me I look forward to getting to know you all and share my passions in this exciting field. I am a real world aviator and have built several full size aircraft (of the RV variety) with my own design 2 place composite well under development. I am passionate to the extent of being obsessed with aeronautical design and the science of mechanical flight and as a feeder to my passion am an established aviation caricaturist/artist/cartoonist with regularly published works in several publications. I have also developed a knack for livery design having won both livery contests I entered recently, one for an iconic DC3 and another for national magazines flagship aircraft and so I thought the virtual world a great place to practice and hone my skills.

Very excited to learn from you all and develop as a virtual designer and repainter here at SOH. Thats me in a nutshell

Blue skies!
Flymachine designs

PhantomTweak
October 24th, 2017, 10:15
Thats me in a nutshell
Or a wingnutshell? :biggrin-new:

Welcome aboard! Always great to see a new victim...errr...member!
I'm looking forward to seeing you your work, whether livery or plane design. Always nice to have another painter along. I am about as skilled with paints as a small rock.

I hope you enjoy your experiences here!
Pat☺

Ganter
October 24th, 2017, 10:19
Nice Nutshell.

You'll fit right in. :very_drunk:

Have a good look around, check out the different departments, put the kettle on and get to work!

You've just joined the best Flight Sim Forum in the whole wide World.

Clear Skies,

Jim

MrZippy
October 24th, 2017, 10:54
I'm Theo. Retired Navy Avionics Tech.

+1 Navy ATR-2 Viet Nam era. Worked on the Heavies, EKA-3B with VAH-10, VAQ-129 out of NAS Whidbey Is. and with VAQ-131 NAS Alameda. All O level maint. I kinda miss standing behind the JBDs and on the side of Tilly when the Phantoms and Viggies lit 'em up.:redfire:

Tweaks Rule!:ernaehrung004:

boxcar
January 2nd, 2018, 18:08
Welcome newcomers!

Am less new than MrZippy but who cares? :untroubled: Am also a Vietnam-era vet, SR-71 PSD (Physiological Support Division), Beale AFB during mid-70s. Handled suiting crew members in S901J full pressure assemblies ​("Gemini" space suits) then installing them into aircraft as well as post-flight recovery, their seat kits and parachutes as well. Was deployed TDY at Kadena AB in 1975 when the Stars and Stripes ran the biggest headline ever personally seen to date, in bold caps and at least 4" tall:

IT'S OVER!

...and remember thinking "Hmmm........ Kissenger got a Nobel Peace Prize for ending the war in '73. Now, 2 years later, it's over?"

Sim-out is a great place full of many fs artists, truly walking among giants. They put up with my sorry *** pretty well, so you'll likely find yourself tolerated as well.
:costumed-smiley-034

TelsonStrong
January 13th, 2018, 13:36
just dropping by to say hello :) :jump:

Check this thread. They should be able to answer any questions about getting it to run.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/95454-Running-CFS3-in-Windows-10-solved-for-now

Also, big thank you for this!

nagpaw
February 7th, 2018, 09:36
Long time lurker, finally joined, and just dropping in to say hello. Glad to be here! :wavey:

Roger
February 7th, 2018, 11:22
Long time lurker, finally joined, and just dropping in to say hello. Glad to be here! :wavey:

Welcome to SOH nagpaw and glad your lurking days are over!:adoration:

nagpaw
February 7th, 2018, 21:01
Welcome to SOH nagpaw and glad your lurking days are over!:adoration:

Thanks, Roger. I get to hang out with the cool kids now :very_drunk:

claude101141
February 15th, 2018, 03:42
Hi everybody;

Thanks for your welcome Paul; I happen to be registered here by chance; I was looking for military addons to implement on an airport (Athens/LGAV) i was more or less improving taking out some errors especially gates numbering. To be honest I'm not interested in military things and also I'm not taking simflight too seriously in the sense that for me it is a game and nothing more which is part of many other hobbies of mine. I had found exactly what I was looking for in the archive of the site but unfortunately the links supplied either were closed or there was an error in their description and to make matters worse the member has left and closed his account at SOH!:banghead:. Anyway it's always interesting to meet new people and I decided to go on here hoping that I will not be too much of a nuisance from your point of you:confused:?

Who am I? A former retired banker from one the major merchant banks in France with a 75% interest in international matters. Age 76. Married, 2 kids. My hobbies: Music mostly classical, Opera, Ballet, reading (at least 3 to 4 books a months with at least one or two in English), I've traveled extensively around the world either for business or pleasure and my favorite trips were in the southwest and some of the northwest States of the USA. I happen to be a rather good and knowledgeable guy as far as Grand Canyon is concerned where I've hiked some 700 miles on foot in the canyon plus other hikes in Utah in Canyonlands and also some slot canyons. Unfortunately I'm no more aloud to hike those astounding sites having endured a severe heart attack and failure last year. Anyway I wrote a book (unfortunately for you in French) about my experiences in the canyon which surprisingly is read by a majority of US readers!? Here is the link if you're interested: http://froggyatgcn.canalblog.com/
Also interested in movies and myself having used cameras since 1955; I use Adobe Creative Cloud to edit my movies (After effects, Premiere Pro and Photoshop). I'm presently editing a short reuniting takes from numerous trips to Pompei and Herculaneum in Italy.

I think that's all there is to say concerning the genius you've already understood I am:adoration:! Who says I'm not ????

One last thing I'm a Parisian and if any of you happen to decide to have a trip in Paris, let me know, I'll be very pleased to help you organize your stay and maybe meet you here. So welcome to :france: and ir's froggies!

Claude

Hesikaya
February 15th, 2018, 07:20
Greetings everyone!

I just got my login and abig thanks for granting me posting privileges. I found you all out after a google search for a head on picture of Soloy C-206 sentinel conversion in flight. I fly one and do a little sim too but when I found out someone had written a MK I model I found myself here searching for it. That's when I stumbled across the greatest thing ever! A thread about someone writing a mod for the same version that I fly the MKII.

In the real world I am fortunate to be a Commercial multi-engine land pilot with an instrument rating, High performance, complex, and tail wheel endorsements who's been luck enough to fly Helio Couriers and has over 1400 hours is the Soloy C-T206H. Glad to be here and really excited to see how that model of the 206 comes out! And if anyone knows of a decent digital Helio I'd love to know about it.

Cheers!

boxcar
February 15th, 2018, 13:13
Thanks, Roger. I get to hang out with the cool kids now :very_drunk:

Thank you. http://yoursmiles.org/ssmile/pozitive/s0801.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/s-pozitive.php) Am feeling younger today for some strange reason.

It's great to have new blood flowing into the veins of SOH. http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/cool/m1917.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/m-cool.php) Welcome everyone!

swagler
April 1st, 2018, 15:34
I'm a new member too, struggling to remember all I forgot, and get back flying in CFS2.
Anyone have advice on attaching images to posts. My posts end up with two images, one on bottom boxed as attachment.
How can I display only one image?

Milton Shupe
April 1st, 2018, 16:57
I'm a new member too, struggling to remember all I forgot, and get back flying in CFS2.
Anyone have advice on attaching images to posts. My posts end up with two images, one on bottom boxed as attachment.
How can I display only one image?

Welcome to all newcomers. :-)

Attaching pics is simple; just do not check the "Insert Inline Box" and they will appear as thumbnails to be opened if the reader chooses.

swagler
April 1st, 2018, 19:33
Milton Shupe- Thank you. It worked, but confusing. I see a Photo tab and an Attachment popup window in settings. But don't see how to upload/delete/manage in Photo tab or Attachment window, only while creating/editing a post. I see post with large images, rather than thumbnail boxed attachment style, but hey this works, better than displaying both. I lost 3 post attachments by unchecking the thumbnail, viewing after updating post, single image looked good, but the next day all the posts images were gone.

I notice after 24 hours my post are no longer editable. Is this normal? Or how can I edit an older post to add screenshots?

Milton Shupe
April 1st, 2018, 20:10
Milton Shupe- Thank you. It worked, but confusing. I see a Photo tab and an Attachment popup window in settings. But don't see how to upload/delete/manage in Photo tab or Attachment window, only while creating/editing a post. I see post with large images, rather than thumbnail boxed attachment style, but hey this works, better than displaying both. I lost 3 post attachments by unchecking the thumbnail, viewing after updating post, single image looked good, but the next day all the posts images were gone.

I notice after 24 hours my post are no longer editable. Is this normal? Or how can I edit an older post to add screenshots?

Posts cannot be edited after a period of time. Simply post again to add screen shots.

The unchecked attachments stay on the system and can be seen when you Edit a post, then Manage Attachments to edit posted ones. Just look at the thumbnails above the current list.

You can delete when editing attachments by putting the cursor over the thumbnail and you will see an "X" in the top right corner of the thumbnail.

You can also drag and drop attachment from top to bottom or just select them in the top group.

BTW, thumbnails in posts allow the thread to display faster and doesn't force users to see the full version if they have no interest in that.
Saves on bandwidth for the site and helps users with slower connection speeds.

swagler
April 1st, 2018, 20:30
Milton Shupe- I think what happened is I used toolbar above post editor to insert image, it created both, I edited unchecking attachment thumbnail and saved. The toolbar image insert must not be synced with attachments.
I'm attaching image thru bottom attachment area only, unchecking thumbnail, and clicking insert inline. Lets see if it's linked correctly and is not deleted.

Nope. Tried above, didn't work. If you delete attachment thumbnail after both images are inserted it will remove thumbnail, but regular image will be deleted 1 to 24 hrs as I found out.

Thanks for helping. I got my screenshots up in boxed attachment style.

Mc_DANIEL_Douglas
April 25th, 2018, 09:23
Hello! My name is Daniel, I am 44 year-old, private pilot since '96. I live in northern Italy.
I am writing to thank the people involved in that beautiful C47 add on project
I am flying around South America in my IVAO tours with this gorgeous bird!
Kind regards!

Daniel Sinico.

PhantomTweak
April 25th, 2018, 10:54
Welcome to the Outhouse, Daniel!
Any questions or comments are always welcome.
We do try to avoid offending people, but sometimes it can wind up unavoidable. Just be gentle :adoration:

Pat☺

pilot2017
May 17th, 2018, 19:10
Thanks!

I am glad to be here. I have been a flight simmer since 2008 in FS2004 and still faithful to the sim. I live in Oklahoma City and a former forklift driver 45yrs old male.

I don't yet have CFS2 and I saw the site kind of supports FS2004 which caught my attention. Very nice warbird collection for FS2004.

About my FS2004 Add-Ons:

Payware from FSPilotshop and PMDG
PMDG 737
Skydecks 737NG v3.15 panel
Zinertek Ultimate Airport and World Environment 2012
FsPassengers (from fspassengers.com)
Captain Sim Legendary 727
Overland Boeing
TweakFPS for FS2004
PSS Boeing 777 Professional (from blackbox website on sale)
FSceneX North/South America
FSGenesis World buffer Mesh and FSGenesis 153m North America Mesh
Carenado 182RGII and Carenado 152 w/Skis (my favorite props)

Freeware: too many to name.

Flight simulation is not the only thing I enjoy. I have a radio hobby. It involves software defined radio, SDR for short. SDR has a very unique ability most conventional radios cannot do because of their very limited IF bandpass and that is ADS-B mode S viewing. ADS-B is a addition to the transponder on aircraft that can transmit plane LAT/LON, heading, airspeed, altitude, callsign, and aircraft ICAO. Also monitoring voice vhf/uhf air traffic. Delta Airlines terminal operates a UHF 460mhz repeater at KOKC I can hear. MY SDR is the low cost RTL-
SDR. So my hobby goes hand in hand with my flight sim hobby. It even helped me have a better gist of how flightaware gets a large chunk of it's air traffic on a map.

My RTL-SDR devices in use are:
NooElec NESDR Smart
Flightaware Pro Stick (orange).

Software:
RTL1090 for ADS-B
HDSDR for terrestrial radio and data monitoring.
Unitrunker for monitoring local police using both dongles.

I like to make friends in the sim hobby. Looks to me like this is a very polite and kind community with plenty of knowledge to share and I want to reciprocate. I am very happy to be here.

Other things I enjoy is watching some live streams on Twitch.tv. I am all over the place watching a variety of streamers. I also play other games like Clash Royale and Zen Pinball 6 Star Wars tables on mobile. :wavey:

Thanks
pilot2017
aka simplio on twitch.tv (not a streamer so you know in case we meet there)

Kalonji
September 10th, 2018, 02:25
Hello Sim-Outhouse community !

My name is John "Kalon" HAIST and I'm new to the forums so let me introduce myself !

I'm 37 years old and I live in South West of France, I may say I'm a simmer till I was 8 as my very first sim was F-16 Combat Pilot on Atari ST :biggrin-new:. I can remember the 200+ pages manual and the complexity of the sim compared to the other fighters "sims" I had at the same time (I mean Fighter Bomber :very_drunk:).

Nowadays I'm soooo glad computers are so fast that they can offer us really great sims.
I mostly fly on falcon BMS where I have about 800+ flight hours. But I admit I couldn't resist when DCS Black Shark KA-50 and DCS A-10C went out so I bought'em and now I'm hesitating between DCS F-18 and the Mirage 2000 (yeah I'm french and IMO Mirage 2000 is really a great plane :sentimental:).

And finally I fly sometimes on P3D with the nice freeware planes Dino Cattaneo offered to the virtual pilots we are :mixed-smiley-010:. I owned VRS TP and F-18 but my licenses expired and I don't know if I'll renew it now, I'm way too busy with DCS and BMS :playful:. But I must admit that with all the new planes that are TP compatible and FSX@War finally out, things are beginning to be really interesting on P3D and FSX side !!

Have a nice day everyone !!

Best Regards from France :wavey:

BayerischeJager
September 15th, 2018, 08:05
Hello everyone! Joined up yesterday and want to introduce myself. Names Brian 34 years old. Live on the east coast of the US. Spend most of my time flying in Europe. I have been playing FS since FS95. I have flown with various VA's over the many years. I fly everything from fixed to rotorary wing aircraft. I have over 1500 flight hours confirmed and god knows how many unconfirmed flight hours. Of course like most, I have many of favorites that I always seem to go back to.
I'm a huge WWII buff and enjoy just about anything WWII related. I am currently looking to join a VA/club that centers there VA around WWII era. If you have any suggestions they are much appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian

Speedmachine
October 19th, 2018, 16:15
Hi all

I am 'new' around here, having recently moved and got a new setup. I have flown FS9 for many years and still prefer it to all subsequent developments. Having put together so much beautiful scenery, with Lago sounds and so many other tweaks, I will stay with the sim I have built, tweaked and loved for well over ten years.

I enjoy detailed airline flights, with Radar Contact RCV4 acting as IFR Controller and Flight Deck Companion modelling the crew, and also bush flying, with FSCargo handling the assignments.

My favourite sceneries are the Washington area Georender Series, with all the Lago bells and whistles, perfect for bush plane and helo trips. Alongside those the 'Mega-Airports', mostly by Aerosoft, Fly-Tampa and others, with the full AES Support (all the little support vehicles, buses, tankers and moving jetways). I usually need a totally clear evening for the medium haul but a quick random bush to bush airstrip with the MAAM-DC3 (with the Real_Engine addon) is also hard to beat!

I wish to thank all contributors to sim-outhouse, my favourite place on the net. Its a great repository for all the best FS9 designers. Each visit brings wonderful new discoveries. The quality and presentation of such superb work is very much appreciated and keeps my sim freshly invigorated.

I love what you have done with the place!

Many thanks

Speedmachine - Adelaide - South Australia

Luke+19
October 26th, 2018, 22:23
Hi all im Luke, Live in New Zealand and I'm a big fan of CFS3 and aviation in general. be nice to meet others who are also intrested in the subject and its nice to see that simulators are not dying out completely.

friedlp
November 26th, 2018, 11:54
Hi guys,

I'm Friedl from Austria. Thanks for having me!

I recently installed the CFS3 and started playing it again after many many years. Luckily I also found this great forum, I'm learning every day more regarding all the mods which makes it even more fun!

I spent several years in North America and have seen lots of the planes at the Air Force Dayton, OH museum. It is so impressive, I just love the old engineering stuff!

Friedl

swagler
November 26th, 2018, 16:15
friedlp, welcome aboard!

aguiar
October 21st, 2019, 15:56
Thanks Paul, for setting me up for posting. I'm a physician living and working in Northeast, Brazil . I'am old time simmer but have
been away from simming for the last 6 years or so. And Returned just a couple months ago. I'm mostly interested in bush flying in Alaska and PNW. I'm now using P3Dv4.5
Cheers

Francisco Aguiar

wombat666
October 22nd, 2019, 05:55
Welcome to the Outhouse Francisco.
Nice to have a new face in the group and another enlightened P3D4.5 operator!

wombat666.
:encouragement:

Navy Chief
October 22nd, 2019, 11:00
Welcome Francisco!

People here are very friendly and knowledgeable. Also, you might find a lot of addons you might want in the SOH Warbirds Library! Enjoy. NC:encouragement:

d.tsakiris
November 3rd, 2019, 09:32
Hi everyone! Name is Dimitri. Been simming, off and on, since C64 times. Now on P3D 4.5. I'm an IT guy from Munich, Germany (but I'm originally from the US, with Greek heritage), and I like to fly everything from ultralights to widebodies.

Dangerousdave26
November 4th, 2019, 05:33
Welcome.

That is certainly a wide arrary of planes. :encouragement:

Scorch00
November 20th, 2019, 14:11
Hi there, old member returning the community here. Been in sims a long time FS98, Pro Pilot, CFS1, Aces of the Pacific (if anyone remembers that one lol). But I took a hiatus about 6 years ago from sims and came back to it early this year with P3D. I've been kind of lurking around off and on since about May, but didn't upgrade my account until recently. I'm mainly a sim fiddler and repaint guy. I don't have patience really for modeling (or haven't convinced myself of it yet), although I have been tinkering in ModelConverterX. I'm part of a group called Simulated Air Tanker Operations on FB, we've run it since about 2010. But it's been pretty quiet until recently, I started doing repaints. I'm friends with tankerguy72 if anyone is familiar IRL, we went to HS together and spent a lot of time growing up around the air tanker community in California. Air tankers and military stuff is where my interests mostly lie in the sim world. Since I've come back to sims I've mostly posted on FB and uploaded to one other site, but I will be moving stuff over here now as well. I've been busy repainting a lot of planes this year. Currently working on CV-580s for Canadian air tanker operators.

Repaints I've done so far this year for the curious.

Aerosoft OV-10 (current Cal Fire scheme, Pack 1 is Ramona, Hemet, Paso Robles, Porterville, Chico, and Redding) Pack 2 is in the works and will be the rest of the fleet.
Captain Sim C-130H/L-100-30 (Coulson nearly the whole fleet, Cal Fire, USFS, and Nevada ANG)
CL-415 (Aero-Flite USA)
Greg Pepper's CV-580 (Conair and Saskatchewan WIP)
UKMIL CH-47D (Coulson-Unical, Columbia, Billings, CA Army National Guard, and Helimax)
ISDT King Air 200 (Cal Fire, USFSx2, Conair, and NSW Rural Fire Service)
PMDG 737-700WL (Coulson 137 & 138 US & NSW Australia)
Vista Liners 737-300W (Coulson 137 & 138 US & NSW Australia)
SGA DC-9/MD-87 (Erickson Fleet)
QW BAe-146 (Neptune Aviation Fleet)
FS KBT P-3A (Airstrike and Buffalo Airways)

So. Yeah, I've been busy lol. I plan on uploading all these past projects here eventually. It's good to be back!

LoneWolfPilot
December 3rd, 2019, 17:47
Hello, I am a new member of the community.

First got hooked on Flight Sim a few years ago with FSX:SE and have since moved over to XPlane.

I typically prefer to fly Jetliners, mainly the Airbus A319/320.

Sent from my BBE100-5 using Tapatalk

Jackburton75015
November 1st, 2020, 10:17
Hello all , thanks for having me , i did't enjoy sim flying for ages :) glad to be back ;)

firing up MSFS 2020 since agust enjoyin flying and meeting new people and learning snecery,plane making and plane conversion is a blast

see you all in the forum

cheers

Yassine

Ewoodh
January 9th, 2021, 07:12
Hi all,

this is Ewald - I'm from Germany, born in the sixties. Have had a US PPL + IFR (not current) - today mostly into Warbirds - both in SIM and RC Modelflying.

Best regards
Ewald

flusimmer
February 25th, 2021, 04:35
Hello Simmers,
greetings from Germany, EDLZ.
Simmer since about 1985 and for a long time also RC pilot.
Currently mostly on the road in P3Dv5.1, occasionally in MSFS.
Have a nice day.

huub vink
February 25th, 2021, 04:48
Willkommen and Bord.

I hope you will have a nice time here!

Cheers,
Huub

Navy Chief
February 25th, 2021, 05:27
Hello Simmers,
greetings from Germany, EDLZ.
Simmer since about 1985 and for a long time also RC pilot.
Currently mostly on the road in P3Dv5.1, occasionally in MSFS.
Have a nice day.

Greetings, Juergen

SOH is a great site. Very knowledgeable people (er, maybe myself excluded :biggrin-new:), and friendly too! NC

wombat666
February 25th, 2021, 06:52
And another welcome to you Juergen.
We are always happy to have a fellow P3Dv5 enthusiast join the team.

RayHoff
March 28th, 2021, 09:33
Hey guys,
First time posting.
I want to thank everyone who has contributed in the forums, there is a lot of information for people who want to get back into their old games (at least this is what I've been reading for a long time) I hope to be able to contribute in some way as well.
I played CSF3 and EAW and I am hoping to learn here in order to be able to help others set up their games as well. For as simple as it can be to get certain things right it can take a lot of trial and error and having someone who has already gone through it may help speed things up.

I wish everyone a great time and godspeed.

Ray.

PRB
March 30th, 2021, 17:57
Welcome aboard Ray!

Navy Chief
March 30th, 2021, 18:50
Hey guys,
First time posting.
I want to thank everyone who has contributed in the forums, there is a lot of information for people who want to get back into their old games (at least this is what I've been reading for a long time) I hope to be able to contribute in some way as well.
I played CSF3 and EAW and I am hoping to learn here in order to be able to help others set up their games as well. For as simple as it can be to get certain things right it can take a lot of trial and error and having someone who has already gone through it may help speed things up.

I wish everyone a great time and godspeed.

Ray.

Welcome Ray,

You desire to help others set up their games, along with sharing your knowledge is commendable. I deed, this forum is invaluable for that! NC

bman81
May 28th, 2021, 00:43
Hello :)

I've been flightsimming for about 20 years or so but thought I'd finally say hello to the community and try to get involved. There's been a wealth of info and freeware available thanks to a lot of you people. Thank you so much for doing what you do :D

Cheers,
Bman

nagpaw
May 28th, 2021, 07:04
Welcome, Bman! Did you BYOB? :very_drunk:

bman81
May 28th, 2021, 23:39
Welcome, Bman! Did you BYOB? :very_drunk:

Sure did! Cheers :very_drunk:

wombat666
May 28th, 2021, 23:58
Unfortunately it's probably NSW 'Beer'.
Welcome to the Outhouse mate, great place to be, unlike Victoria, where we're in another bloody lockdown!

gordyjb
October 2nd, 2021, 17:03
Hi all, its been more than a few years since ive been on. I switched over to an iMac in 2013 and had trouble getting connected with CFS3 since. I thought Id try it again and seem to have succeeded. I flew with a group of guys who had training sites and would fly on a set nite a week, Warbirds it was. does anyone have their contact info? Thanks for any help. Gordyjb

Gigi54
December 10th, 2021, 02:05
I love flight simulation I have been following Flight Simulator since it was in two colors thanks again and sorry for my English "Google"

SgtT
June 10th, 2022, 03:39
After a long absence from flight sims I decided to come back and give it a try again. Man I have really missed it. I was gifted a PC that has Win10 on it and it has been a little bit of a challenge to get my games up and running again but I think I'm getting there.

Just a quick hello from an old flight simmer.

Rob

oldmsgt
June 10th, 2022, 06:17
Welcome back!

ronki53
November 30th, 2022, 18:26
Hello Again,

I used to be pretty active on the old forum (when it was brown instead of blue) from around 2000 through 2008ish. Life got in the way... Well, due to some change in circumstances I am back and hopefully I will get my new PC running CFS3 or my circa 2005 home build is gonna be up and running again.

huub vink
November 30th, 2022, 23:31
Welcome back. I think you can still set your personal preference for the colour of this forum. Left side below, you can find a drop down menu.

Cheers,
Huub

Ludo
December 1st, 2022, 10:10
I discovered CFS 2 and then CFS 1 in my teenage years and they always had a place in my heart as they are the first flight sims I played. When I found the games CDs in 2018-2019 I was "it's been so long, why not play them again". Nostalgia kicks in but the games wouldn't load, I guess it's a DRM thing or something like that. But when I found out SOH and all the things you could add to the game I was so impressed that I managed to install CFS 2 on my laptop anyway and now I am mostly collecting planes. Thank you SOH for restarting my love for this game.