PDA

View Full Version : Any news regarding FTX PNW and Real Air Bear Gulch?

wconkle
December 18th, 2010, 09:42
I had the Bear Gulch scenery installed prior to PNW, and thoroughly enjoyed them both. However, installing PNW wiped out BG, with exception of a generic dirt strip.

I located a discussion on the Orbx support site that suggested maybe for some the scenery would remain with some small flaws, but this is not the case for mine. This was back in March I couldn't find anything more recent on either that site or the Real Air support site.

Do any of you know if there is a patch or way to make both sceneries usable? I've been having the urge to fly the Caravan into the Gulch again!

In the meantime, I suppose I'll try to see if the BG scenery recovers when I return the Orbx control panel to default.

Thanks!

Wes

spotlope
December 18th, 2010, 10:12
I had the Bear Gulch scenery installed prior to PNW, and thoroughly enjoyed them both. However, installing PNW wiped out BG, with exception of a generic dirt strip.

I located a discussion on the Orbx support site that suggested maybe for some the scenery would remain with some small flaws, but this is not the case for mine. This was back in March I couldn't find anything more recent on either that site or the Real Air support site.

Do any of you know if there is a patch or way to make both sceneries usable? I've been having the urge to fly the Caravan into the Gulch again!

In the meantime, I suppose I'll try to see if the BG scenery recovers when I return the Orbx control panel to default.

Thanks!

Wes

Wes, I developed Bear Gulch for RealAir before there was an Orbx PNW, so it was impossible to take into account the changes that would be made. I'm currently reworking Bear Gulch entirely for inclusion in the Cushman Meadows scenery package, which is well into development. If you can hold out until it's released, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

wconkle
December 18th, 2010, 11:54
Bill, thanks for the update. I certainly can be patient and I appreciate your efforts to make this hobby more immersive for us all.

tracyq144
December 27th, 2010, 14:35
Bill, thanks for the update. I certainly can be patient and I appreciate your efforts to make this hobby more immersive for us all.

ditto on that, although there are so many place to fly out of/into in PNW that I know I will never see them all.