PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

YuriGagarin
December 18th, 2010, 03:23
Hi all

My nick is YuriGagarin, I was born in the Soviet Union 41 years ago and I'm a fan of FS9 and FSX. I am very interested in vintage aviation and Russian/Soviet aviation.

I found this interesting forum through "The Old Hangar" and hope to bring some of my knowledge at this forum.

Sorry for my English, but my language is Russian. If this post is misplaced, I apologize.

Greetings to the whole community.

txnetcop
December 18th, 2010, 03:38
Welcome to The OUTHOUSE Yuri. Don't worry about your English...it appears we Colonials have butchered the King's English pretty badly also according our Brit friends in here! LOL
Ted

kilo delta
December 18th, 2010, 03:42
Добро пожаловать :)

Clarke123
December 18th, 2010, 03:46
Your English is better than a lot of people that speak it as a first language. :icon_lol:
This reminds me though, I've seen some forums that have an introduction area, thought it would be a good idea here. It can be tough breaking your duck with that first post, especially with the rapport the veteran members have, it could encourage more lurkers to jump in. Afterall what is SOH without it's members.

jmig
December 18th, 2010, 04:44
Welcome to SOH Yuri! It is wonderful to have you join our family. If you have any questions, please feel free to post in here or PM me. I will be happy to answer them for you.

Curtis P40
December 18th, 2010, 05:50
:wavey: Hello Yuri. Welcome to the Outhouse. Your English is way better than my Russian, besides we tend to speak "airplane" here and not everyone understands that.;) Looking forward to learning more about Russian Aviation.
Curt

hey_moe
December 18th, 2010, 05:58
Welcome to da nut house. Most of our new members end up killing themselves after spending to much time in here. We have found out that if you get stone cold drunk,pop a few wonder pills and take a few pain pills you won't have any problems what so ever...good luck...Mike:monkies:

Chacha
December 18th, 2010, 06:13
Welcome to the Outhouse Yuri!

Nice handle, or is that your real name...

Are you anyhow related to Alekseyevich (Yuri Alekseyevich Gagarin?)

You have a very good English, like Clarke say,
better than a lot of people that speak English as their first tongue...
Again, Welcome to the Outhouse!

Ickie
December 18th, 2010, 06:26
welcome , hey look I own and ride daily a Russian motorbike

brad kaste
December 18th, 2010, 06:46
Your English is better than a lot of people that speak it as a first language. :icon_lol:
This reminds me though, I've seen some forums that have an introduction area, thought it would be a good idea here. It can be tough breaking your duck with that first post, especially with the rapport the veteran members have, it could encourage more lurkers to jump in. Afterall what is SOH without it's members.

I think that's a great idea,.......having a dedicated 'introduction' forum installed.
And welcome Yuri......I'm sure it's COLD in Moscow like it's here in Chicago.

Thoe6969
December 18th, 2010, 07:25
welcome , hey look I own and ride daily a Russian motorbike

25783 Looks like a Ural to me and I'm not even Russian

Milton Shupe
December 18th, 2010, 07:32
Welcome Yuri :wavey: Thank you for joining the SOH and bringing new knowledge and perspectives to broaden our base and interests here.

You may also be interested in the form at the bottom of the forums listed for classic aircraft from anywhere in the world: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

We welcome your participation in the SOH community.

YuriGagarin
December 18th, 2010, 08:24
Welcome to the Outhouse Yuri!

Nice handle, or is that your real name...

Are you anyhow related to Alekseyevich (Yuri Alekseyevich Gagarin?)

You have a very good English, like Clarke say,
better than a lot of people that speak English as their first tongue...
Again, Welcome to the Outhouse!

Thanks to everyone for the welcome :salute:

Chacha, YuriGagarin is just my nickname, my real name is Daniil and unfortunately I am not related to "real" Yuri Gagarin, but it's a celebrity that I admire greatly.

Milton, Thanks for the link, I'm sure will be of my interest.

Daveroo
December 18th, 2010, 08:54
Yuri,welcome to the outhouse,these people are great,if you have a personal problem and need well wishes..no mater your religious belief or non belief,or what ever your needs are...these people pull together and send thoughts of hope and well wishes...make your issues flow easier...dont hold back...ofcourse this is a flight simulator forum but its also a great big world wide group of friends and youve now been welcomed in.....

and now with your help maybe we can get these guys to build an IL2 for FSX................

Bjoern
December 18th, 2010, 09:00
Здравствуйте!

beana51
December 18th, 2010, 10:30
Hi Daniil.....One of my many Granddaughters came to us from MOSCOW...as a young lady now,we all are involved telling her about her Heritage.......She Ballets,in her genes I guess,and currently likes
Mussorgsky - Pictures At An Exhibition.....Such is America.......Желаю тебе счастливого Рождества!... CIAO!!
(http://www.meighan.net/alexander/audio/16-4.wav)

OBIO
December 18th, 2010, 11:37
Yuri,

Welcome to the Out-House. You will find that 99% of the folks on this page are down to earth, laid back, open minded, helpful and friendly. And given the mix of nationalities, religions, political views and personal believe systems, we all get along really well for the most part. But then again, we try to steer clear of all that makes us different and focus on those things that make us the same....our shared interest in aircraft and aviation.

I look forward to reading your insights into Russian aviation and aircraft.

OBIO

Tboomer57
December 18th, 2010, 15:06
Greetings.............

with some hesitation........

I am still a bit sore about Sputnik..............

but...

I still don't know what was wrong with 8-track tapes??

Chacha
December 18th, 2010, 15:46
Thanks to everyone for the welcome :salute:

Chacha, YuriGagarin is just my nickname, my real name is Daniil and unfortunately I am not related to "real" Yuri Gagarin, but it's a celebrity that I admire greatly.

Milton, Thanks for the link, I'm sure will be of my interest.

Hey Daniil,

Yep, I misread it...
Welcome to SOH...
We have really pretty friendly and helpful members and staff here...

Make yourself at home!

TARPSBird
December 18th, 2010, 17:11
Welcome aboard Yuri! :wavey:

HouseHobbit
December 18th, 2010, 17:16
:wavey: Welcome to SOH Yuri, I hope you find this group of Humans as much fun as I do..
Have a great day,
HouseHobbit

norab
December 18th, 2010, 19:46
Wecome Danil, please enjoy the members and surroundings

gigabyte
December 18th, 2010, 21:02
Welcome aboard SOH "Flight 2010" Danil, I am sure you will find plenty of things of interest in the Out-House. As the others have said there are a great bunch of folks here so jump right in. :salute:

HorusJ
December 19th, 2010, 15:42
Welcome comrade Gagarine!:wavey:
I am a great admirer of your country and hope to see it some day.
And again welcome to SOH!

J

Cloud9Gal
December 19th, 2010, 18:15
A warm welcome to you! We're glad you decided to join our community. You will like it here! People are knowledgeable, helpful and very friendly!