PDA

View Full Version : SDK Help please

Pat Pattle
December 17th, 2010, 22:37
Hi all,

I've dowloaded and installed the CFS3 SDK again but get an error message when trying to run the mosiac editor. It says 'Initialisation error - please ensure you have managed Directx 9 or greater installed'...well I have installed it. I last did this so long ago that I've forgotten exactly what was needed.

I got the SDK from the insider website, was this the correct one? There were 2 versions around I seem to remember.

Any help appreciated please, I'm lost without it!

Thanks,

Clive :)

TDS-TAZ
December 17th, 2010, 23:46
this program was buggy from get go and heard somewhere if you are running Vista hang it up works only on XP don't know why but that is what i heard somewhere thats M$ for you hehehehehe going to have to build me lower end machine later just for doing that kind of stuff if I stay with this modeling stuff. hope this helped

Taz

jaycee
December 18th, 2010, 00:01
Taz is right i think, if you now have vista or win7 i think you are snookered Pat, If you are on xp let us know, if memory serves there was a file from DPC korea that helped,

Pat Pattle
December 18th, 2010, 00:04
Thanks, forgot to say that I'm on XP (and in no hurry to change!)

crossram
December 18th, 2010, 03:21
Hiya, Clive.

Just off the top of my head, I kinda recall one or two other required installs needed before the program will work. Also kinda remember they need to be installed in a certain order. Might want to check on the MS site, to see what it says.

(Lots of fun startin' over, huh!)

Cheers

KellyB
December 18th, 2010, 04:56
Clive: I dimly recall ( something that happens more and more...) that one needs to have Managed directx as well as directx 9c to get the mosaic editor to run.

Just now, I can't recall where I found that out, but I do have the installer for it if you need it. A quick look at the web didn't reveal where you could find it for download. Its name is mdxredist.msi

Right now, I need to run out for a few hours, but I'll check back later.

rbp71854
December 18th, 2010, 05:57
Clive

You may need to run mdxredist.msi. That should fix your Mos editor not running. I have sent an e-mail to you with the file. I presume you installed NET framework and then Mdirectx.

Bob

edit: I missed kelly's post before responding. I am not sure that the file is available online anymore. At one time it was on Korean Skies. So if you have the file make sure to keep it in your treasure chest.

hairyspin
December 18th, 2010, 06:36
Like Rob says: check you have .NET framework installed first: the SDK calls for version 1.1, but I've used later versions under XP without issues. If Paint.NET still runs, then .NET framework is still installed.

Then install mdxredist.msi - again if necessary. I've emailed you my copy to save a re-download of the full DirectX 9.0c package.

HTH

KellyB
December 18th, 2010, 08:44
Clive: looks like you got the file ok, so I won't clutter up your email with another one.

I forgot about PM on this site...blush:redface:

hairyspin
December 18th, 2010, 11:41
I got the SDK from the insider website, was this the correct one? There were 2 versions around I seem to remember

There are two .MOS editors, one supplied with the Aircraft and Vehicle SDK, the other supplied with the Terrain SDK. The Terrain SDK .MOS editor is the one to have, apparently. Mathias (IIRC) recommended it a few years back and I certainly noticed it had some help files included - which is more than the aircraft & vehicle sdk one had.

Starspeeder_3000
December 19th, 2010, 12:38
This topic has been covered before, the following thread may help:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=16702&page=1

Pat Pattle
December 19th, 2010, 23:39
Thanks for all your help chaps and the files Tom and Bob, that did the trick and I'm now back in business :)

I'll back that file up for future use!

Cheers,
Clive

TDS-TAZ
December 21st, 2010, 05:03
will installing XP has solved one problem but still have the same one as pat mosaic not working any help would be nice cannot find the files you all talking about downloaded the full dx9c and still nothing very strange

Thanks
Taz\

P.S
if you all could just attach them to my site i will move them to the tool section under mosaic so others can get them too with out looking every where

hairyspin
December 21st, 2010, 10:50
... cannot find the files you all talking about downloaded the full dx9c and still nothing very strange

The .mos editor needs
.NET framework (doesn't have to be 1.1, I've just installed 2.0 runtime on my own rig)
DirectX 9
Managed DirectX (if not already installed with DirectX 9)
which should be installed in that order.

.NET framework is a download from MS.

If you've got the full DirectX 9.0c, then mdxredist.msi is in there or should be. You probably have to unpack a .CAB file to get it. I'll post back when I've had a looksee.

hairyspin
December 21st, 2010, 14:46
...I'll post back when I've had a looksee.

Hmm it's a bit fiddly, but I also found a download link for mdxredist.msi :- http://download11.com/get/mdxredist.msi (http://download11.com/get/mdxredist.msi)

Just make sure you have the other requirements first. HTH

TDS-TAZ
December 21st, 2010, 16:43
Hmm it's a bit fiddly, but I also found a download link for mdxredist.msi :- http://download11.com/get/mdxredist.msi (http://download11.com/get/mdxredist.msi)

Just make sure you have the other requirements first. HTH

this was the I needed thanks mosaic works fine now to figure out how to use it

Thanks again.

Taz