PDA

View Full Version : Any snapshots of Orbx's Tacoma Waterfront available?

strykerpsg
December 17th, 2010, 22:00
I want to compare mine to others. I should probably post on Orbx, but since I live here more than anywhere else, figured I would ask the masses. My problem is when I overfly the Port of Tacoma, all I see are cranes and some mottled mess of light brown and grey. I feel certain there is something I have overlooked as certainly Orbx would re-produce Port of Tacoma in much more splendor. Also, I have installed GEX and UTX, so may have corrupted something along the way.

Much thanks in advance.

BTW, querying now because want to add the Pacific Fjords and Rockies to complete the PNW. Now, if only they would release KPOR....manna from the heavens.....

Matt

OleBoy
December 18th, 2010, 06:15
All you see are cranes? Sounds lack lustre to me. In the Fife (Tacoma Aroma) area I can understand some what. But you're right. It is a busy area that includes a LOT more than just industrial. The old railroad station for one (now court house), and the bridge not far away. Those two stand apart from anywhere in Washington and I would think those would be included. And the Tacoma Dome. Not to mention the HD digital reader boards along I-5 by the boat dealers. And all the car dealers on the west side of the highway. I could go on forever naming specific areas that should be seen in the Orbx stuff. The enchanted water park even!!

Meshman
December 18th, 2010, 06:23
And don't forget that "lovely" excuse for a Flying J truck stop at exit 135, IIRC? One fine morning I had to roust a homeless woman who decided my trailer was a good spot to sleep underneath...

OleBoy
December 18th, 2010, 06:30
And don't forget that "lovely" excuse for a Flying J truck stop at exit 135, IIRC? One fine morning I had to roust a homeless woman who decided my trailer was a good spot to sleep underneath...

That could have been an interesting start of the day (cringe) if you just did the under-the-hood, got in and drove away!

strykerpsg
December 18th, 2010, 07:17
Yeah, brought that up to them before the last update and they left Tacoma waterfront alone, suprisingly. I asked them about even adding the bridge that's certainly very catching while flying and it didn't seem to make. I am certainly not saying that Orbxs terrain is lackluster, but wanted to make sure others that own it and fly in it don't have a more detailed area depiction than some mottled colors on flat terrain and colored cranes.

Maybe we'll get fortunate and some of the beta testers or developers will stop by. I was thinking that if the level of detail were tweaked, more would show, but doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyway, hoping to get some stick time with my new Warthog HOTAS before packing up everything for a final move and just wanted to re-visit my old stomping grounds in all of it's FSX/Orbx glory.

Matt