Ickie
December 17th, 2010, 15:05
does cfs-1 even work in windows 7......
I was thinking on us oldtimers doing a new years eve rocken sockem fight

hubbabubba
December 18th, 2010, 06:00
does cfs-1 even work in windows 7......
I was thinking on us oldtimers doing a new years eve rocken sockem fight

Yes Ickie, CFS1 does work under Windows 7.

The only issue is that game controllers (mostly sticks) are not "recognized" by the OS since Vista.

SOH's community has found a solution, just look HERE (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=11563).

I've been pushing that thread on other forums for a while. The idea is to tweak the COMBATFS.cfg file. You need to turn OFF user account momentarily to do so.

But it works! I'm still under W98SE but my wife's PC is under Vista and I had no problem installing an running the game by simply copying-pasting my W98 COMBATFS.cfg file. Even if you have no file to copy, the thread gives you the basics tweaks necessary to have it up and running.

Good luck! I look forward to shoot your tail off in all friendship...:jump:

No Dice
December 18th, 2010, 18:13
I loaded it and it worked fine on my wifes Windows7 BUT..the addon Scenery files would not work until I moved them to the " other Program Files" seems there are two sections. I will go back and document it and get back with ya'll. As far as the joy stick, If you can load the files on another computer, then paste them into windows7 it seemed to work for me, I have actually done that with a few programs that Windows 7 would not let me D/L from the disk.

Dave

YA'll have a great and Safe Holiday Season