PDA

View Full Version : Stock Aces missions

kwb737
December 17th, 2010, 14:01
The stock "Aces " missions that come with CFS2 have goals set in the mission files so that after you've achieved the set goal of shooting down a certain number of planes the mission ends. I find this a bit frustrating as I'm just getting warmed up and there are still many targets left to shoot down. I remember that Netwings had these same missions only they had been modified so there was no goal and you could blast away till every target in sight was toast. Of course Netwings is down now but does anyone know how to tweak these missions so that there is no goal and you can stay up there as long as you want?
Thanks.

Shadow Wolf 07
December 17th, 2010, 14:46
Open a mission in Mission Builder. Find the event action entry that calls for "end mission" and remove that action. Replace it with Debrief Text and write in what you want. Next, add a waypoint and create a trigger for the player at that WP. Create a new event with that WP trigger as a condition and set up the action of "enable warp" Create and trace one more WP back to base and set it to "Land at Base".

Now you can fly to your heart's content. When the sky is clear and you reach the WP you created, you can warp back (or fly) to base and land as normal.

kwb737
December 17th, 2010, 17:36
Open a mission in Mission Builder. Find the event action entry that calls for "end mission" and remove that action. Replace it with Debrief Text and write in what you want. Next, add a waypoint and create a trigger for the player at that WP. Create a new event with that WP trigger as a condition and set up the action of "enable warp" Create and trace one more WP back to base and set it to "Land at Base".

Now you can fly to your heart's content. When the sky is clear and you reach the WP you created, you can warp back (or fly) to base and land as normal.

Thank You Shadow.