PDA

View Full Version : Saitek throttle problem

big-mike
December 17th, 2010, 11:58
I am still trying to get my throttles running.
The one,comimg with the Yoke is connected with the yoke by a PS2 connector.
Now i am missing one axis.
The first lever i want to use for the prop pitch,the second for engine 1 and the third for engine 2.
The third lever is okay in the gamecontroller calibration,but not in the Sim.
This axis is not recognized in FSX.
I have a registered FSUIPC and tried since hours everythink i know.
Unplugged the Yoke system,deleted FSUIPC,deleted all axes and buttons in the Sim.,
but i have no success.
Any ideas?
Thank you
Michael

Sieggie
December 17th, 2010, 12:47
I have seen conflicts with the USB ports. If I use a port that has my TrackIR with my joystick controller it will not work but if I plug it into another port, it works fine. I can plug in the throttle with the TrackIR no problem. You may try moving to different USB controllers to see if it makes a difference. I know this should not be the case but it is Windows after all :)

Dave

big-mike
December 17th, 2010, 13:20
Thanks Dave,
will try this tomorrow.
Now it`s time to go to bed.
Michael

gigabyte
December 17th, 2010, 13:26
I have seen this one several times and had it myself with my X52 and the Throttle quad, there are several causes and solutions and it depends on the version of your OS and the driver version for the Saitek controls. I would highly recommend checking the Saitek Forum for this issue I have seen it there many times and seen plenty of solutions posted, the forum can be found here - http://www.saitekforum.com/ you will have to register but it is painless.

The other thing to check is to make sure you have the right drivers and they are all the same version, I have had problems when I updated the drivers for the stick it messed up the driver for the Quadrant, I always recommend removing the older versions before installing th enew ones as well, it seems that causes some problem at times. The main thing is the Version number ie. 6.012 for the stick is the same as 6.25 for the quadrant, it's the first numebr that counts. There are also instruction on the Saitek forum for removing the entries from the Registry but unless you are comfortable with that I would not recommend it.

Lastly Saitek like some other controllers like to stake out a spot in your system and keep it, one thing that will get you messed up real quickly is connecting the device to different ports, you will notice a message telling you there is new hardware and a driver is being installed - that is when the conflicts often begin. For Saitek in particular you are best off to always connect each device to the same port every time. I have seem some really weird stuff happen when I switched the X52 to another USB port.

If you really want to clean out the drivers and need some help send me a PM with your OS and list of devices, I can do you a quick cheat sheet on removing the drivers from the device manager which does a fairly good job of cleaning them up and it is not too difficult.

big-mike
December 18th, 2010, 08:16
Thank you,
that helped!
Must have been soem trouble with the drivers.
Everything is fine now,but how long?
The next to buy is the CH TQ.
Michael