PDA

View Full Version : Landing gear extension issues in the sim

Lateral-G
December 17th, 2010, 10:08
Lately I'm getting un-commanded L/G gear extension in flight.

It usually happens during significant airspeed changes (i.e. slowing down) and it happens all all planes not just specific ones.

Any ideas what may cause this?

-G-

N2056
December 17th, 2010, 10:48
If it is on any plane my guess would be that the button that is assigned to the gear might be going bad. A quick way to check would be to temporarily assign it to something else, and see if that action starts acting up.

allcott
December 17th, 2010, 11:07
An alternative explanation is that the operation is programmed to gear limiting speed, and so the handle is down, but the gear doesn't extend until a lower IAS is reached, then it deploys as demanded.

Assuming that the command itself and the switch/button is OK, then check that the gear operation for that particular aircraft isn't set for Off-UP-Off-Down, instead of the usual `toggle` gear up/gear down.

The intermediate step is used by several addons to create a more realistic operation of the gear lever, where it is returned to the median position after use. Usually this can be checked simply by looking at the lever in the VC.

If it is, then you may find you have to press the button not once but TWICE to get it to return to the median.