PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas: Jens has done it again

Sid2008
December 17th, 2010, 05:58
Thank you Jens for version 3 of the Argonaut and DC-4 with improved virtual cockpit, now available for download at simviation.com
Sid

Bjoern
December 17th, 2010, 06:53
The readme implied that the FSX version was native...

- Edit:

Nope, not native.

Thanks anyways, Jens!

calypsos
December 17th, 2010, 06:56
Downloading now, I hope it is native as Jens makes so many great aircraft types that the payware developers do not see enough profit in!

calypsos
December 17th, 2010, 07:27
Looks like fully native to me!!!!!

And a great leap forward in VC detail from his FS2004 stuff that have been made into hybrid FSX aircraft.
Some really nice schemes included, hopefully this will be the first of many new FSX aircraft from Jens, thanks for fully embracing us here on the 'dark side'. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a native Hastings/Hermes in the future.

Bjoern
December 17th, 2010, 08:11
Looks like fully native to me!!!!!

It isn't.

ModelConverterX couldn't open the .mdl file and a hex editor says it was made with FS9's MakeMDL.

calypsos
December 17th, 2010, 08:24
That's a shame, it runs far better than the usual portover versions.

spatialpro
December 17th, 2010, 11:01
Is there any bump mapping, reflective VC glass or VC self-shading (in DX10)? Just curious.

Bjoern
December 17th, 2010, 11:04
That's a shame, it runs far better than the usual portover versions.

Why would that be a shame?

If it works extremely well, it works extremely well. Nothing wrong about that.

Sid2008
December 17th, 2010, 11:44
So why is all this clamor over native FSX models...if FS2004 models work quite well...have great VCs...and virtual cabins....and many animations? All it matters is the we enjoy our game, right?
Sid

kilo delta
December 17th, 2010, 11:49
So why is all this clamor over native FSX models...if FS2004 models work quite well...have great VCs...and virtual cabins....and many animations? All it matters is the we enjoy our game, right?
Sid

The cloud/prop issue is a big no-no ....but that's just me :)

jensbk
December 17th, 2010, 11:51
Sid

Thanks, Sid! Anyway, this is freeware, and you get what you get, right?!

Just don't use my models with 'Preview Direct X10' (this only an issue with Windows 7 or Vista). They won't look good from the outside :icon_lol:. You can still fly them from the VC, though.

Best regards

Jens B. Kristensen

wombat666
December 17th, 2010, 12:12
Thanks, Sid! Anyway, this is freeware, and you get what you get, right?!
Just don't use my models with 'Preview Direct X10' (this only an issue with Windows 7 or Vista). They won't look good from the outside :icon_lol:. You can still fly them from the VC, though.
Best regards
Jens B. Kristensen

Jens, I'm never disappointed by your work.
And indeed, the price is always right, so if end users don't like something that only costs them a download that's their problem.
You keep on keeping on, your choice of subject is almost always unique and very welcome.
:ernae:

Bomber_12th
December 17th, 2010, 12:14
Jens, thank you very much once again for these gifts to the FS community! I have been a fan of the DC-4/C-54 all of my life, and I love taking up your DC-4 when I get a chance to. It's great to see it getting better all the time!

Marvin Carter
December 17th, 2010, 12:29
Thanks !!!!!! Jens

wantok
December 17th, 2010, 12:34
Great aircraft. Just love the heavy feel on take-off and approach. It bit me first time on approach - of course without applying the correct numbers - and learnt my lesson. Thanks indeed for the present Jens. :salute:

Pepere
December 17th, 2010, 13:30
Thanks Jens. One of my favorite and keeps getting better. Thanks again.

David

Roger
December 17th, 2010, 14:52
Yes Jens many thanks...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/dc4-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/dc4-2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/dc4-3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/dc4-4.jpg