PDA

View Full Version : SYFY Cancels Stargate Universe

Gdavis101
December 16th, 2010, 20:38
I knew I didn't want to get into that show!!!!

http://www.tv.com/syfy-closes-stargate-universe/story/24778.html?tag=hotspot;gumball;1

Panther_99FS
December 16th, 2010, 21:16
SYFY also cancelled "Caprica" too..........

Gdavis101
December 16th, 2010, 21:17
I just read that too... Sucks! It will be interesting to see the new series that they are going to do with BSG, if they don't cancel it first.

Rattler
December 16th, 2010, 21:46
Well, there ya go, give us a taste and Then Leave us Hanging, I wish they would bring back SG-1, or Stargate Atlantis for that matter, Speechless
to the Powers that Be at SYFY I say this to you!
:173go1::173go1::173go1:

OBIO
December 16th, 2010, 21:49
Probably making room for more "Reality" shows. The History Channel no longer runs a single History show..their entire line up is "Reality" shows. If you want history, you have to pony up extra bucks to subscribe to the premium History channel. Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Swamp Loggers, American Restoration. Seems as though "reality" TV has become the norm for television since there are no fresh ideas for sitcoms and/or dramas.

OBIO

yank51
December 17th, 2010, 04:43
Well, there you go.... I guess I'll just be happy watching "Fringe" on the FOX network then, It's more science fiction than what's left on SYFY now anyway, and much more entertaining. :kilroy:

Quixoticish
December 17th, 2010, 04:58
I'm not surprised. Stargate Universe just seemed to recycle a lot of ideas from various other franchises and plonk them in Stargate. It also seemed to have seem fairly ropey acting, including Robert Carlisle (who I normally quite enjoy watching).

Clarke123
December 17th, 2010, 06:00
Listen out for the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! when Lionheart sees this.

Emil Frand
December 17th, 2010, 09:02
Fringe was moved to friday night, wont be long till its cancelled...........

Gdavis101
December 17th, 2010, 14:12
I am hoping that this will open the door to like two hour movies instead for each of the series, but I am not going to hold my breath!

Chacha
December 17th, 2010, 15:26
That was the finale....
...And be back in spring...

...That's a long vacation.. for SU

traindriver98
December 17th, 2010, 20:23
I stopped watching the "syfy" channel during the spring. I still have it on the guide, and it upsets me greatly at the amount non-sci-fi shows those B@$t@rd$ think they have to show.

yank51
December 18th, 2010, 04:45
I stopped watching the "syfy" channel during the spring. I still have it on the guide, and it upsets me greatly at the amount non-sci-fi shows those B@$t@rd$ think they have to show.

Yeah, wrestling?? What the heck does that have to do with science fiction anyway??:mad:

Terry
December 18th, 2010, 04:56
Yeah, wrestling?? What the heck does that have to do with science fiction anyway??:mad:

Why do you think they changed the name from SciFi to Syfy? It's a pitty, that was a good channel years ago. I'm sure there is enough viewers who like good sci-fi to make it a vialble station again. Seems like the execs in charge are not too bright.

Brian_Gladden
December 18th, 2010, 05:15
Fringe was moved to friday night, wont be long till its cancelled...........

The Friday night Fox death slot... Killed Firefly... another good Sci-fi show

yank51
December 18th, 2010, 06:11
The Friday night Fox death slot... Killed Firefly... another good Sci-fi show
I agree. Wonder what they are trying to compete with anyway? Not the SYFY channel I'm sure. Can't remember what's on the regular stations on Friday nights...:confused:

n4gix
December 18th, 2010, 08:44

Well, it's certainly fiction at any rate!

strega13
December 18th, 2010, 14:44
unfortunately reality shows are spreading like a disease and are killing quality programming . as long as people keep watching these things , it is not going to get any better .

ibl19108
December 19th, 2010, 02:52

Well....isn't wrestling scyence fyction (SyFy).

Eoraptor1
December 19th, 2010, 14:00
Probably making room for more "Reality" shows. The History Channel no longer runs a single History show..their entire line up is "Reality" shows. If you want history, you have to pony up extra bucks to subscribe to the premium History channel. Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Swamp Loggers, American Restoration. Seems as though "reality" TV has become the norm for television since there are no fresh ideas for sitcoms and/or dramas.

OBIO

Yep. I think the "bottom line" also has something to do with it. I don't know if anyone has ever seen The Player, about the Hollywood studio system, but in one scene, Tim Robbins and Peter Gallagher's characters have an exchange about how to eliminate all the writers and actors from the entertainment process - because they're costing too much money. I had no idea their real-life counterparts were really working on that. I'm appalled at the money the cast of Jersey Shore or The Hills get, but it's a pittance compared to what the cast of a really successful scripted show makes, say Friends, or Seinfeld.

Does anyone else find the terms "Reality" and "Televison" contradictory?

JAMES

Gdavis101
December 19th, 2010, 21:23
The term "Reality" is a joke when it comes to most of these shows! The only show I consider reality is COPS and I have been watching that since it started.

n4gix
December 20th, 2010, 10:22
The term "Reality" is a joke when it comes to most of these shows! The only show I consider reality is COPS and I have been watching that since it started.

"Reality" when applied to these shows is truly a monumental oxymoron... :bump: