PDA

View Full Version : Robert A. Bob Hoover

Rattler
December 16th, 2010, 20:34
Found this Gem... They Dont make`em like this anymore, A ture Legend http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/2006-3-11_bob_hoover.avi :salute::salute::salute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PftNh_SShlg&feature=related

Curtis P40
December 17th, 2010, 06:09
I've had the Honor of watching this routine in person, right down to the engines off landing and roll back to his parking spot on the ramp. A remarkable man and life.

modelr
December 17th, 2010, 11:47
I've had the Honor of watching this routine in person, right down to the engines off landing and roll back to his parking spot on the ramp. A remarkable man and life.

Same here, multiple times. :applause:

olderndirt
December 17th, 2010, 17:45
What's really great about Bob Hoover - he's done this, or a similar routine, in an F86, P51, and a Sabreliner. Chuck Yeager describes their introduction in the air over Dayton, Ohio. 'I was out testing a bird when suddenly jumped by this guy - nothing could get him off my tail. Wartime, I'd've been dead'. Back on the ground, I met Bob Hoover'.

Rattler
December 17th, 2010, 17:58
I havent had the Joy of getting to Watch Mr. Hoover Live But, I bought this Airshow Video back in the mid 80`s , Old VHS tape, Called Sky Fury, where they Had the Story of Bob Hoover and Chuck yeager, It was a Great story about how they first encountered each other, and Bob Hoover Flying everything from a P-51 to a f-86 and an Old Saberliner, It was great. I still have that Tape too

deathfromafar
December 17th, 2010, 18:38
What's really great about Bob Hoover - he's done this, or a similar routine, in an F86, P51, and a Sabreliner. Chuck Yeager describes their introduction in the air over Dayton, Ohio. 'I was out testing a bird when suddenly jumped by this guy - nothing could get him off my tail. Wartime, I'd've been dead'. Back on the ground, I met Bob Hoover'.

I have video of the two of them talking about that incident. The way Yeager described it was that he and other Pilots used to sit up high over Wright field in P-51's and jump the Fighter Test Sections planes. Most of them would never fight(the Test Pilots) but one day Yeager jumped a P-38. He said about the time he got within 3000 yards of that P-38, it began to "bend around and look at him". He said it was on from there and finally after neither was able to gain a pure advantage, they landed. He said he went over to the P-38 and this "Lanky Lieutenant" got down out of the cockpit and he see "Hoover" on his name tag. Yeager says: "Man, you're really S*** Hot in that airplane aren't-cha?

As Yeager said that last part, Bob Hoover's face turned bright red and he laughed!

Living Legends!:salute: