PDA

View Full Version : Bruno Duffort's aircraft

Finn
December 16th, 2010, 12:18
Anybody who knows where to find Bruno Duffort's AVG Pack p-40's? Simviation have just one, no 47 but there should be 7 of them. I know that mr. Duffort sadly chose to close down his exelent site in protest of the Iraq war, but has he ever put back those excellent planes on the net again?
Finn

Devildog73
December 16th, 2010, 14:56
I have his Br2-P51, BSK Maryland, BSK MosquitoNFII_V4, BSK Mossie, and BSK_Spits. I might have others on my external HD.

Rami
December 16th, 2010, 15:06
Devildog73,

BSK is "our" Bruno (Escarvage?) here at SOH.

Bruno Duffort had a major blowup with the flightsim community and yanked his stuff off the net a long time ago. I don't think he would approve uploads at all, and I doubt he's even reachable anymore. It was before my time.

I would wait and ask for someone with longer standing than I. Bearcat, Talon, or Jagdflieger might know.

Devildog73
December 16th, 2010, 15:36
Have you tried CFS2 France?

Rami
December 16th, 2010, 15:43
Devildog,

I hate to tell you this, but CFS France went the way of the telegram.

Devildog73
December 16th, 2010, 15:53
Devildog,

I hate to tell you this, but CFS France went the way of the telegram.

Wowsers! Are we and simviation the only ones left????????

Rami
December 16th, 2010, 15:54
Devildog,

Yeah...SimV, us, Avsim, SimNetwork, and FlightSim.

Butcherbird17
December 16th, 2010, 16:06
Man, the good ole days of cfs2 and Netwings (aka CFS2online). I remember when this all went down, alot of dirty laundry was put out to wash that day.:kilroy: I know i have most of his planes on cd somewhere (including all the p-40's) but i have know idea where those cd's are now:isadizzy: I'll need to do a little recon mission this weekend to see if i can find them.

Joe

Wulf190
December 16th, 2010, 16:12
I have, and still fly his Yak-9s, P-38s, Sally, and P-40C. He has/had a very good collection of aircraft. As far as the huge blowup. All I know is that it revolved around the events of 9/11 and the general feeling of the world at the time.

Hope all is well for him.

Stratobat
December 16th, 2010, 16:49
Hey Finn,

I know that mr. Duffort sadly chose to close down his exelent site in protest of the Iraq war, but has he ever put back those excellent planes on the net again?

I don't believe they were ever put back up.

Regards,
Stratobat

sc7500
December 16th, 2010, 18:16
The #47 you already have, and Br_P-40K.zip

Tell me where to send it [in a PM] and it's yours ! :salute:

SC
:kilroy:

Fibber
December 16th, 2010, 18:38
In the spirit of Santa Claus and a eternal pack-rat where do you want it?:icon_lol:

Rami
December 16th, 2010, 19:25
http://www.simviation.com/cfs2aircraft21.htm

Willy
December 16th, 2010, 19:45
At one time I had 4 or 5 of the AVG P-40s in different paints. I used 'em as AI in FS9. I'll dig around and see what I've got.

Seagull V
December 16th, 2010, 19:58
While it's great to see everyone helping out, if Bruno has removed his site then we also need to consider his wishes. However there is a site called Simviation which Rami has already pointed to that has a large amount of work stored on it. There is also an excellent "Search" function available with it, I got 9 pages of items:-

Fibber
December 16th, 2010, 20:56
Rami;
you unwrapped Santas' present!:icon_lol:

Jean Bomber
December 17th, 2010, 03:30
Hi all !

Hope all is well for him.

..I don't think he would approve uploads at all, and I doubt he's even reachable anymore....

He's a cool guy and staying a remarquable knifemaker and built some real pieces of art.

http://www.brunoduffort.fr/

JP

oldwheat
December 17th, 2010, 06:10
How about the Bruce Thorsen P-40B & C? With the multi-res model file, it is first rate & AVG skins for all or most of the pilots should still be available here @ SOH. It's my favorite.

sc7500
December 17th, 2010, 07:50
http://www.simviation.com/cfs2aircraft21.htm

Good Catch, Drew !!! :salute:

Finn
December 17th, 2010, 12:18
thanks Guys, I have the P-40 no 47, but know that Bruno actually did several of those 7 mentioned at Simviation (the "K" is found there too by the way). It is a pitty that such a talented designer went out of the community though, and talking about availability I did not reach him on the mail mentioned in one of the read-me's. I am just flying the P-40/47 right now, and though dated it is still a most wonderful aircraft, that really do belong here - but how to get Bruno's accept is another thing? Do anybody have any of the other 6 P-40's supposed to be in the flock?
If you look into Yoshi's campaign for Bruno's planes, he does mention a P-40 no 68 so at least that must have existed?
Finn

No Dice
December 17th, 2010, 15:09
The attached is a portion of an email I just received from Bruno, The rest was more personal so it's edited.Other portions of this will appear in the Aircraft section of The Free Flight Site. Most People do not realize that Brunos Grandfather was a US Indian Code Talker during WWII, the Axis didn't stand a chance of figuring that one out.
I think we would all like to see him return to the FS world but it seems not. I will ask on his behalve that you do not email his business email, his private email is outthere if you look for it.

I wish all of you along with Bruno; a very Safe , Happy and Productive New Year

Dave
www.thefreeflightsite.com

Jagdflieger
December 17th, 2010, 20:04
I remember when Bruno had all of the P-40 skins posted. I got one for each of the AVG squadrons, but it was back in the day of dial up internet and I didn't have the time to get more than those three (Boyington, Haywood and Older).

Unfortunately, Bruno always had a very strict policy regarding modifications to his planes and did not allow much or any modifications or uploads.

No Dice
December 17th, 2010, 21:05
I have some hope that after my conversation today with Bruno that he will release more (maybe all) of his works soon. I will be posting some hopefully sooner than later. Logistics aside, I am just not sure what he is going to release to me.

Ya'll have a Great Day, Holiday and New Year If I can't make it back here for a day or two.

Dave

www.thefreeflightsite.com (http://www.thefreeflightsite.com)

Finn
December 18th, 2010, 10:46
Superdad helped me with 3 more of Bruno's p-40's, but it certainly would be nice and to the benefit of all simmers if Bruno Duffort gives permission to upload his planes to SOH - even better if he does so himself, best of all if he returns to us. Real geniusses are rare indeed, though we do have a fair share here at SOH (Rami, Talon, Capt. Kurt to name a few)
May I take the opportunity to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Finn

Blondi
December 18th, 2010, 13:07
I have Bruno's AVG pack.#'s 3,7,38,47-2,48-2,49,68-2,75-2,77-2,88,and 92. 11 p40's in all.If no dice will ask Bruno if we can upload what we have to Sim -Out -House and he agree's, I shall do so. BLONDI:cost1:

tonybones2112
December 18th, 2010, 14:33
Hi all !

He's a cool guy and staying a remarquable knifemaker and built some real pieces of art.

http://www.brunoduffort.fr/

JP

Bruno makes his American Indian knives and artwork the same way I do, old ways, no synthetics or modern glues.

Bones

TARPSBird
December 18th, 2010, 15:10
I'd love to see all of Bruno's stuff uploaded here and available to everybody, with his permission. Let's allow No Dice to work this out with Bruno at his own pace, and we'll see what happens. :)

gius
December 18th, 2010, 15:29
I agree at all. Bruno was one of most talented designers of the cfs2 community.

Eoraptor1
December 19th, 2010, 12:56
Devildog73,

BSK is "our" Bruno (Escarvage?) here at SOH.

Bruno Duffort had a major blowup with the flightsim community and yanked his stuff off the net a long time ago. I don't think he would approve uploads at all, and I doubt he's even reachable anymore. It was before my time.

I would wait and ask for someone with longer standing than I. Bearcat, Talon, or Jagdflieger might know.

I remember that time very well. I had more attacks on my system in 2002 than in the rest of my computing life all put together, and I've been using computers since 1981. There were sites I'd see referenced early in the morning on C-SPAN I'd try to visit later in the day and my system would come under immediate attack. I eventually had to have my hard drive professionally formatted. I e-mailed Mr. Duffort two (?) years ago in my passable French, because I wanted to download his CFS2 P-51D, but I never got an answer. Who knows what went on in his electronic world... I do agree it would be great if he resurfaced.

JAMES

Jean Bomber
December 20th, 2010, 11:24
My favorite br2's bird

DOMINIC
December 20th, 2010, 23:47
Hello,

I have all the Br2 P-40 skins installed and if anyone is interested I'll be happy to email them if I get an email address.

jinx
April 17th, 2013, 15:18
I found them at the torrent site, too.

No Dice
April 17th, 2013, 15:41
They were released "with permission" to the Free Flight Site some time ago.

http://thefreeflightsite.com/BDPLanes.htm (http://thefreeflightsite.com/BDPLanes.htm)

Dave

Eoraptor1
April 17th, 2013, 17:18
Try looking HERE: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/BDPLanes.htm

Years ago I wrote Mr. Duffort in my best French but never received an answer. He had VERY strong opinions vis a vis US involvement in the Persian Gulf around 2002-3, and I have no doubt, NONE, Zero, Nada, that his site was spammed by Neo-Con types in response. That's as much as I feel I can say while obeying forum rules.

JAMES

ADDENDA: My apologies. I see I doubled up on an already posted link.

Typhoon Willy
April 17th, 2013, 17:58
No Dice/Dave,

Thanks for sponsoring the BR planes, I miss his work and sorry he retired from flightsimming.

Kind regards,

TW

Ghostrider
April 17th, 2013, 19:08
Man, the good ole days of cfs2 and Netwings (aka CFS2online). I remember when this all went down, alot of dirty laundry was put out to wash that day.:kilroy: I know i have most of his planes on cd somewhere (including all the p-40's) but i have know idea where those cd's are now:isadizzy: I'll need to do a little recon mission this weekend to see if i can find them.

Joe
Yeah, that's when I originally came to the outhouse ...:applause: A difficult time.

Finn
April 18th, 2013, 11:41
Luckily Bruno gave permission to upload his wonderful CFS-2 planes at http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/ where almost all of them can be found - not to mention lots of other goodies. Nice that we now have yet a page to keep this old sim flying. Please support it as well as this.
Finn

kelticheart
April 19th, 2013, 01:34
Luckily Bruno gave permission to upload his wonderful CFS-2 planes at http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/ where almost all of them can be found - not to mention lots of other goodies. Nice that we now have yet a page to keep this old sim flying. Please support it as well as this.
Finn

Hi Finn,

I try to do my best, last year in June, as soon as Bruno's P-51D was posted at the FreeFlightSite, I painted alternative prop discs, I did gauge-controlled exh effects, I arranged an alternative dp with Dbolt's enhanced weps and a realistic flight model for this excellent Mustang that comes in MTO "Checkertail Clan" livery.

You can find it here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=17&id=12485

I am planning to do more, I only have to organise my life a little better and re-install the OS in my pc at home: it's that time again!

Cheers!
KH :ernae: