PDA

View Full Version : EMB120 "Nose Wheel"

Aircanuck
December 16th, 2010, 10:56
Good day Simmers, Merry Christmas

EMB120 released by "Euroastar350"

Never thought this beauty would out pace the utilization of my Aerosoft Otter .... but it has !!

Hope someone might have a quick fix re the a/c 's steering. Upon input the nose wheel turns to the left as per normal but refuses to turn to the right , you end up dragging the nose wheel in that direction ..... I'm running out of steering tires !! lol

Is there something in the A/C Config file that we can tweak ?

Cheers for now

Aircanuck :mixedsmi:

Milton Shupe
December 16th, 2010, 17:00
Not likely. There are 3 ways to implement nose steering.

If it was implemented as a rudder, then check your aircraft.cfg to see that the rudder has a 25-35 degree of deflection stated ( in the airplane geometry section), and that the rudder actually deflects in both directions.

If animation is based on FS2004/FSX animation, and it is a portover, then the animation simply is not working correctly as only one number in the cfg sets the deflection for both directions.

If it is FSX native animation, then the animation is not working correctly.

Either way, it looks like a model problem and should be reported to the team.

Aircanuck
December 16th, 2010, 18:45
Hello Mr.Shupe,

I too think its a model problem.

Euroastar350 acknowledged the release had a few issues which he was going to address along with a "merged VC panel" when time permits.

Just thought there might be a quick remedy in the mean time.

BTW

The Avatar you run with , did that ever get released in FSX ?

Cheers for now

Aircanuck

Milton Shupe
December 16th, 2010, 18:50
The AT-11 is awaiting final gauge changes. It will hopefully be released for FS9 before the New Year. There will not be a native FSX version although we are testing it as a port over. Thanks for your interest.

euroastar350
December 16th, 2010, 22:44
Hi,

I am working on the EMB120 nosegear steering issue along with other issues bought to my attention including specular maps not showing properly. I will keep everyone updated once this has been completed and released.