PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to have a sale next!

Aviator32
December 16th, 2010, 10:34
In light of all the Seasonal Sales we have seen here this week, who would you most like to have a sale next - which developer?

Personally I would want it to be ORBX for a 50% sale on all North American scenery and maybe Captain Sim for the 707.

We can but dream :kilroy:

Who would you choose?

big-mike
December 16th, 2010, 10:46
CS 707

stiz
December 16th, 2010, 10:59
Npower, my electric provider :monkies:

Aviator32
December 16th, 2010, 11:06
Npower, my electric provider :monkies:

You'll be lucky!

They are all about to put the prices up - you might have to end up having to power your FSX session with one of these!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSJ0CeBYG0s

SilverBird
December 16th, 2010, 11:26
Hi I was extremely disappointed in the December flight1 newsletter, no good sales at all and flight1 is one of the bigger add-on company out there. they did have a nice discount few months ago but I would have thought they would have some cool deals for Christmas. :( aerosoft is other big company not offering anything good on there u.s site. but yet the smaller ones are offering some really great deals for the holidays

olderndirt
December 16th, 2010, 11:38
One thing all these developers, especially big guys like Orbx, want to avoid is future backlash from customers who paid the regular price earlier in the year. Another is if they set a precedent with holiday sales, potential customers, myself included, would delay their purchase(s) 'til sale time waiting for a better price.

kilo delta
December 16th, 2010, 15:07
You'll be lucky!

They are all about to put the prices up - you might have to end up having to power your FSX session with one of these!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSJ0CeBYG0s

Genius!!!

That's my mrs' xmas pressie sorted for this year....I'll pass it off as an exercise bike! She'll be doing well to power all 4 pc's,though.

:d

Prowler1111
December 16th, 2010, 16:05
what happens when that dude gets tired? and also, what do you feed that dude with, since i guess he comes with the system, ´cause if you think i´m going to pedal during my "coach potato" time at my man cave, you´re out of your mind!..

Prowler

scottmm73
December 16th, 2010, 16:31
Cessna, Beech, Terrafugia...McDonnell Douglas.

txnetcop
December 16th, 2010, 19:07
ORBX PNW software-all!
Ted

spatialpro
December 17th, 2010, 01:05
Orbx

empeck
December 17th, 2010, 01:27
None. I've already spent too much money on sales this month. :173go1:

paulb
December 17th, 2010, 01:37
At the risk of being contentious :rolleyes:, I think that some payware developers should permanently cut their prices. I have bought a lot of software in the past four months ( as I got back into FSX). In truth some of it was worth the price - eg OrbX PNW, Realair Spit 2008, Aerosoft F-16, but at least half (mainly aircraft) were not worth the average £25 that I paid.

gradyhappyg
December 17th, 2010, 02:26
Anheuser-Busch.
It's time for some Holiday cheer.

FLighT01
December 17th, 2010, 03:44
ORBX PNW software-all!
Ted

DITTO!!!

Bjoern
December 17th, 2010, 07:05
Coolsky, CLS or Sky Simulations...with something like IRIS' $5 sale...

allcott
December 17th, 2010, 11:16
Hi I was extremely disappointed in the December flight1 newsletter, no good sales at all and flight1 is one of the bigger add-on company out there. they did have a nice discount few months ago but I would have thought they would have some cool deals for Christmas. :( aerosoft is other big company not offering anything good on there u.s site. but yet the smaller ones are offering some really great deals for the holidays

I think I'd settle for them to just release some of the products they've been previewing for a year or more. I really need to decide between their 162 and the new Aerosoft Katana X.

Seems to be counter-productive to preview aircraft too far ahead, only to find that by the time they are actually released they've been out-thought and out-marketed by a developer who is able to work at a faster pace and add features that they haven't thought of.

Paul K
December 17th, 2010, 12:08
Aerosoft, and everything for 5 Euros.

SilverBird
December 17th, 2010, 12:45
I think I'd settle for them to just release some of the products they've been previewing for a year or more. I really need to decide between their 162 and the new Aerosoft Katana X.

Seems to be counter-productive to preview aircraft too far ahead, only to find that by the time they are actually released they've been out-thought and out-marketed by a developer who is able to work at a faster pace and add features that they haven't thought of.

I agree with you allcott, I think they made a mistake of having released previews way too early lately. I wish them the best but its like there stuck in limbo.

Alan_A
December 17th, 2010, 13:31
I agree with you allcott, I think they made a mistake of having released previews way too early lately. I wish them the best but its like there stuck in limbo.

I wonder if their official collaboration with Cessna hasn't slowed them down. That's got to add layers to the review and approval process - especially if, as seems likely, the development is aimed at the training market as much (or more) than the hobby.

rayhere48
December 17th, 2010, 22:59
I would love to see the B-52 of Captain Sim on sale. Also, I would like RazBam's A7 on sale. I sure did make out with IRIS, I was able to get 6 of there great airplanes.

allcott
December 18th, 2010, 03:26
Aerosoft, and everything for 5 Euros.

Thanks Paul, I've kind of made the decision. If you look at the progress shots on the Katana X and compare them to the 162 and the absence of any progress at all - reported or pictured, then the money's gong to Aerosoft. It's an experience, not just an aircraft. In a way it's art imitating life as the same thing can be said of the real 162 - the delivery delays have just played right into the hands of the competitors. Not Diamond though!

The 182 had better hurry up or else THAT budget is going to the Carenado 210. And agree with Silverbird, little point in showing development shots unless there is a reasonable idea on release dates. It's counter-productive.