PDA

View Full Version : Spawns

KellyB
December 16th, 2010, 06:20
Has anyone done or seen a tutorial on how to create spawns? I have the MS documentation, but like most of M$oft's stuff, it is technically accurate, but for the mostpart useless.

I'm trying to spawn the bomb_explosions as I approach a target, and can't seem to get it right.

Led Zeppelin
December 16th, 2010, 07:49
Have a look here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=71&linkid=982

or here (Partisan Camp)
http://www.regshanger.com/Regs%20hanger%20main/CFS3%20missions/MAW%20missions%20Main.htm

You will find spawns that generates a facility at an exact location using lat/lon coordinates. Feel free to use them at your convenience.

Looking forward to download your missions at SoH! :wiggle:

KellyB
December 16th, 2010, 10:34
Thanks LZ. I'll go and find these tips.

Don't hold your breath for any missions from me! I'm truly a neophyte with a long way to go before I do "show and tell" :icon_lol:

It's kind of reminiscent of a monster job I was given 20 or so years ago to unravel and re-ravel the computerization of typesetting and printing UMaine's general and graduate catalogs. I had a terminal to the University's mainframe placed on my desk and that was the last tech support I got! I couldn't even find the switch, which was located on the back of the terminal in an obscure location. (God, as we know, puts switches on the front!) After a year or so of 10 hr 7-day weeks, I found enough folks who knew enough to teach me how to become a programmer OJT. No regrets; I learned a lot which helped me through the rest of my career.

Fortunately, there are many more folks here with a vast body of knowledge and the willingness to share it! Makes it lots easier, and more fun than just staring at the screen waiting for an epiphany. Guys like me are truly grateful for that!:salute:

KellyB
December 17th, 2010, 14:29
LZ -- I downloaded your missions, and after playing them for awhile (tough to resist) I got the picture of what was happening in the first Fezzan one, and started to examine it piece by piece.

What I think I was missing was a Mission_target_facility. I was trying to use the railyard facility as the spawning facility, and it wasn't working.

So I added a mission_target_facility at the precise lat/long of the railyard, and had it spawn the bomb_explosions, and it worked! The bombs began going off as I approached the target.

I need to practice more, obviously, but I think a nut has been cracked.

Thanks to you for your help:ernae:

Led Zeppelin
December 18th, 2010, 00:20
Great!!

Don't hesitate to release your missions, they don't need to be complicated to be nice. Community needs new stuff and especially missions to be kept alive!:jump:

HouseHobbit
December 18th, 2010, 01:36
I agree with Led, release your missions, I enjoy flying others missions..
And a said, they help keep all of this alive and interesting..
Heck, I know that a mission is a "fun" thing to build, and when you can share it, it can be a Blessing for all..
BRAVO..

:salute: :salute: :salute:

KellyB
December 18th, 2010, 04:28
Guys, I don't have any missions yet, but I am beginning to think I might actually be able to construct one!

At this point, it won't be until after the holidays; way too much real life family holiday stuff to take care of and then we're off on a Christmas toot! (that's not a complaint...)

I first have to conceive WHAT the mission will be, and then apply the stuff I've learned from all you fellows to see if I can do a point a to b to c mission that works.

Later, and again thanks for the help and support!