PDA

View Full Version : Ruggedized Cases - Pelican

Tboomer57
December 15th, 2010, 16:56
I was at the BX/PX and came across these new Ruggedized Cases..............

They are somewhat expensive..........but I would like to own a few ........

as George Carlin used to say.............just to keep my "Stuff" in I tote around and not get it bashed up.

N2056
December 15th, 2010, 17:06
They're pretty rugged. We use them at work, and they look very well-built to me.

I see you just came aboard...Welcome! :wavey:

luckydog
December 15th, 2010, 21:08
I've used Pelican cases for about 25 yrs. now to protect my camera gear during canoe/kayak/white-water trips.......

no problems.

CG_1976
December 15th, 2010, 21:15
There very well built and durable. I have four of them for packing my equipment up here in the Arctic and they have protected my Laptop and communications equipment very well.

Aviator32
December 15th, 2010, 21:23
I've been using them for camera gear storage for many years. Expensive but second to none.

David_L6
December 16th, 2010, 12:56
I have used Pelican cases for a long time. They are very high quality.

Railrunner130
December 16th, 2010, 16:36
We've used Pelican cases at work for a long time. (And lots of them too.) I don't recall any failures of them. Ever. I bought a few to transport my camera and a few misc. other things. Lots of sizes, but they can get expensive.

Tboomer57
December 17th, 2010, 07:44
I thought this would be a good place to bring up Pelican cases.............

Something about the design ....... is common interest

I was thinking about building my next computer...........and making it a mix between a lap top and and desktop...........

only with portability.......or that I could stow away on a regular bases.

I am getting by on my current PC. It's paid for...........

TeaSea
December 17th, 2010, 12:11
Back in the early days of OEF...when men were men and goats were....well....goats.....

We took some of our older cases (as tactical comm guys we always had a bunch of these) and made them into humidors. One's tactical cigars traveled quite well.

I also personally carried a huge green one (affectionately referred to as the BFGB, or Big FAT Green Box)out of the desert in a Toyota truck, to the airport (not to be named), to fly to Kuwait to deliver some equipment. Whereupon we filled it with all kinds of goodies from the Post Exchange (quite good at Camp Doha), and returned back the way we came to a desolate, nasty, desert location. We needed to bring the case back with us, and saw no reason why it should not have something in it.

I'm proud to say not one Ding Dong was compromised. The Pop Tarts were manhandled a bit....but that was because we got a bit peckish.

Very good cases.

Railrunner130
December 17th, 2010, 17:29
Panasonic makes a Toughbook. Somebody else makes a laptop with a waterproof keyboard. I need all of that. I just got my laptop back from repair after my daughter dropped a cup of coffee on it. $528.00 later.... And my laptop travels the world.

Tboomer57
December 18th, 2010, 06:11
Yes............the toughbook series is what I am shooting for.

I had considered the panasonic rugged portables.

Yet, I would like a desktop option with a larger screen.

Also, price again. My current arrangment is paid for and I can't justify any further expense ......

The toughbook was having trouble against the dirt cheap laptop knock off's.

and...

Mobility is not a issue.....saving money and just staying put seems to be the national budget choice.

Yet I still like to look over the pelican cases every time I pass them on the shelves. I put them back and say next time after looking at the price tag.