PDA

View Full Version : Gauge Issue

dvslats
November 27th, 2008, 08:53
Could one of you fine folks tell me what is missing in either the air file or aircraft .cfg for this gauge not to work? I've used it in several other jet aircraft with no problems.:ques: It's one that was included in a Alphasim panel. The artificial horizon starts level and centered, but then slowly drops below the dial face.

Shessi
November 27th, 2008, 09:40
Hi DVS,
It's coz you're running out of electricity!

When you start the aircraft the AI is using the simulated spun up gyro to power it. But without electricity this spins down and so 'topples' the AI.

Now I think there are several ways to fix this, either put a battery switch in the panel so you can power instruments up by switching it on or by making an airfile entry which will mean you will always have battery power(?).

I'm sure a person with definitive knowledge will let you know. I'd like to be certain for future reference as well!

Cheers Shessi

bearcat241
November 27th, 2008, 10:41
Archaic instrumentation drew power from a vacuum system supported by the running engine. Your instruments have no vacuum power to draw from so in this case the Artificial Horizon dies. Find another air file with record 1512 (all FS8/9 models have this one) and copy that record into your CFS2 subject's air file.

Shessi
November 27th, 2008, 11:43
There you go, someone who knows what they're talking about.....:costumes:

Shessi

dvslats
November 27th, 2008, 15:32
Thanks Shessi and Bearcat for the replies. Twas the 1512 missing record causing the malfunction. Back to operational status. :ernae: