PDA

View Full Version : Landing in Lisbon

UnknownGuest12
December 14th, 2010, 15:31
Not exactly FSX but a real landing in Lisbon Airport ...
Believe it or not was recorded using a Canon Powershot S95...
The airplane is a A330 from Air Portugal...
Wanted to share it with all, think is just beautifull...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQgH1GvS6Eg&feature=player_embedded
Regards

ryanbatc
December 14th, 2010, 16:03
WOW! Awesome video! Music fits perfectly. That scene is exactly what FSX lacks. I admit, some of the Orbx sceneries, with its street lights and such, feels more realistic. But in general, you'll never find something like that unless
you get the Fly Tampa Kai Tek scenery.

To be picky I think he was a bit high on short final there... seemed to touch down past the TDZ area.

Curtis P40
December 14th, 2010, 16:32
Glad you shared. I'll second that WOW.

jdhaenens
December 14th, 2010, 19:52
What a great video. On top of the dark hill you see to the left as you come in is St. George's castle (he of dragon slaying fame). Lisbon is one of my favorite places.

Jim

Bomber_12th
December 14th, 2010, 19:58
Great video, thank you for sharing!
On a similar note, it reminded me of this clip of a B-25 flying at dusk, with the aircraft, streets, and buildings lit up:
http://vimeo.com/10482890

falcon409
December 14th, 2010, 22:22
Despite all the amazing places I got to visit while in the Air Force, this video points out the fact that there are a lot of beautiful places (like Lisbon) that I'll never get to see. Beautiful view from the cockpit. . .thanks for posting. . .I could watch that over and over again and never get tired of it.

Mithrin
December 15th, 2010, 01:14
Not only a beautiful approach but you really gotta visit Lisbon once in your life if you can. Such an old and beautiful city! Crazy traffic though! :D

Hurricane91
December 15th, 2010, 06:43
Wanted to share it with all, think is just beautifull...

How beautiful. Thank you for this marvelous gift Beaufighter, you made my day. I hope to visit Lisbon.

italoc
December 15th, 2010, 07:31
Great video, thank you for sharing!
On a similar note, it reminded me of this clip of a B-25 flying at dusk, with the aircraft, streets, and buildings lit up:
http://vimeo.com/10482890

Bomber, your video is good, view of buildings and streets very good but the B25 ..... gorgeus like (even more of) a gorgeus beautiful lady
Thanks
Italo

JAllen
December 15th, 2010, 07:44
Thanks for the vid Beaufighter. I was lucky to visit Lisbon in the 80's while stationed at Torrejon. Visiting small villages built on hills in Portugal and seaside villages was a treat I will never forget. The people treated my family the BEST!

Jim

res non verba
December 15th, 2010, 09:12
home sweet home!

:ernae:

Bjoern
December 16th, 2010, 09:35
I love this kind of cockpit video.

This KLM 747 driver has some from other airports around the globe:
I0Y6GTI9pg4

Or what about Ronald Reagan National?
fzmKQv2Dda4

OR...Toncontin.
iAxAso8xSo0

Javis
December 16th, 2010, 17:18
Cool video! WOW!! Thanks Beaufighter !:ernae:

Cool too that finally someone recognises the genius of Pat Metheny, Lyle Mays and friends to fly along.

If MS Flight doesn't look exactly like this i won't be buying it. :d

cheers,
jan