PDA

View Full Version : Semi-OT: X-Plane HDEF-4G for iPhone 4, iPod 4 is $9.99 (half-off)

dswo
December 14th, 2010, 05:09
I just received this as an early Christmas present and haven't tried it yet. But for anyone who has an iPhone 4 or iPod Touch 4 (in other words, a device with the so-called Retina display), X-Plane HDEF-4G is currently on sale for US$9.99. I don't know for how long and, again, I haven't had a chance yet to test the program. BUT, if you've been curious and you have a device that will run it, here's your chance to run a real flight simulator on your iPhone or iPod (even if it's not FSX).

Will report back later. Am posting now, on a by-me-untested product, just to say "It's on sale."

EDIT: Ok, I have work to do this morning, but I just had to try it. So far so good. Very fluid (at least with the C172 that comes up as your first flight). Controls very intuitive, amazing graphics (considering the platform). Definitely worth $10 if you have a current-gen iPhone or Touch. (And if you don't have one of those, there are versions that run on older hardware. This is the HDEF version for Retina devices.)

skyhawka4m
December 14th, 2010, 05:58
Hope they put it out for Android based products. Would be nice to have on my TAB unit.