PDA

View Full Version : Something kind of funny...

Lionheart
December 13th, 2010, 18:01
So, I get this email....

'Dear Bill,

I was wondering if you will be making the WT9 Dynamic for X-Plane 9?'

(That is the short version. He is going to be buying one and has ordered X-Plane 9 and knows nothing about simming yet).

I write back, very polite, fill him in on details, this is for FS, not X-Plane, that this model wouldnt work in X-Plane and tell him some of details why, that FS planes have more textures and all.

He writes back: 'Would you mind if I take a stab at it? I work in Lightwave and I see you do to (I dont) and I think I could make this for X-Plane'. (He has never made a plane for FS, and he doest realise he has to make the aerodynamics model as well, lololol... oh, and gauges, and animation code, etc). He finishes the email with 'If you could send me over what you have, I'll convert it for yah.... '

yeah.. like that will happen. Months of work, new innovations, and I paid $1,000.00 for the base mesh model that I started on, and its not even done yet!!!! lol..

I 'politely' (and I do mean nicely) tell him why, that there is alot to these, that this model is so huge that former limited files were at 6 megs and this thing is over 18 megs in MDL size, that it has over 20 textures, which XP9 cant do..

So I get another email back. 'Bill, I think you underestimate me. I work in Lightwave. I design guitars for people. My files are over 60 megs big! I never even finish a project until its PERFECT! All I want is a model to start with!'

lol... I take a deep breath. I was going to try to help him understand again, and decided a Seasons Greetings and all would be best would be a 'best' approach. No use trying any more. He isnt listening to me, doesnt even know about animation code, gauge code, compiling, converting to model files, converting textures to XP9 format, Alpha files, sound files, setting up the aerodynamics, tuning the XP9 airfiles (oooo, you think FS9 is tricky, eeeks!), and all of that.

I'll bet he can make some mean guitars though in LW... .

I really tried to help him understand.

SirBenn21
December 13th, 2010, 18:08
I'm glad I'm not you... Hahaha

Enjoyed the story. Some people just don't get it sometimes. :icon_lol:

Ben

N2056
December 13th, 2010, 18:46
Sell him the same base mesh you started with for $1000 :icon_lol:

PutPut
December 13th, 2010, 20:11
Sell him the same base mesh you started with for $1000 :icon_lol:
Great Idea! Sell it to him, Bill!:jump::jump:

Paul

Bushpounder
December 14th, 2010, 02:32
I think 3 grand should be a fair market price. :)

Don

brianf51
December 14th, 2010, 03:32
Hat's off to you Bill, at least you gave him an answer... I wouldn't have done! Merry Christmas BTW

Brian (Simshed)

n4gix
December 14th, 2010, 08:01
From time to time I receive similar emails, although none have been about wanting to convert to X-Plane. Every such message goes directly into my Trash bin, and the sender's email to my Ignore list...