PDA

View Full Version : TARPSBird, ya ready for all this snow

hey_moe
December 13th, 2010, 03:07
I had to bust out laughing while watching the news this morning. They are aleady posting all them warning and we might get maybe 9 snow flakes total. I bet cha by 12 today if anything hits the road they will start closing schools down

TARPSBird
December 13th, 2010, 11:25
Folks around here always over-react when the snow starts falling. :d Haven't been out yet today but the wife headed out to play afternoon bingo, she said roads are in good shape. About 30 degrees currently at Norfolk International (KORF) so what we have is gonna stick on the ground for awhile. Flurries like this don't even get noticed back in Chicago, you can still get pizza delivery during most snowstorms.

Brian_Gladden
December 13th, 2010, 11:38
Snowing pretty good here in Vermont right now. about 1/2 an inch already and 2-6 is forecasted. Six is barely enough to plow around here.

Bushpounder
December 13th, 2010, 15:08
At this end of the Commonwealth, they closed the schools a few years back, because it was starting to snow in TENNESSEE!!!!! It's a TWO HOUR DRIVE to the state line from here!!! :(

Don

TARPSBird
December 13th, 2010, 17:39
At this end of the Commonwealth, they closed the schools a few years back, because it was starting to snow in TENNESSEE!!!!! It's a TWO HOUR DRIVE to the state line from here!!! :(
Don
Hehe, it's the same thing here. When I was stationed at Fleet Intel Center here in Norfolk my enlisted troops would ask me, "Hey Chief, it's snowing in Lynchburg, when are we gonna shut down and go home?" Yeah, right, ask me again when it starts to snow here! :d