PDA

View Full Version : Locking Tailwheel Lock?

msfossey
December 12th, 2010, 21:45
Is there a way to lock the tailwheel on the Bear Studios - Lavochkin Fighters set of fighters? In the aircraft cfg file, under contact points it reads: "tailwheel_lock = 1". Can't seem to get them off the runway because the tailwheel spins freely during the takeoff roll. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
msfossey

sc7500
December 13th, 2010, 07:17
Is there a way to lock the tailwheel on the Bear Studios - Lavochkin Fighters set of fighters? In the aircraft cfg file, under contact points it reads: "tailwheel_lock = 1". Can't seem to get them off the runway because the tailwheel spins freely during the takeoff roll. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
msfossey

I may be totally off-base here [couldn't find me tail wheel notes, feel free to correct the number please], but I BELIEVE you just hafta fiddle with the tailwheel rotation angle - example below:

------------------------------------------------
[contact_points] <<--- From a random CFG file
static_pitch = 12.233
static_cg_height = 5.907
tailwheel_lock = 1
gear_system_type = 1
max_number_of_points = 7

point.0 = 1, -17.84, 0, -1.5, 2165, 0, 0.564, 36.6, 0.537, 2.497, 0.341, 5, 5, 0, 0, 0
point.1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
---------------------------------------

Try reducing the number in RED above to something smaller.... it should correct the rotation challenge and let you take off in a straight[er] line.....

Let us know how it works ! :wavey:
SC
:kilroy:

msfossey
December 13th, 2010, 08:36
It worked great, thanks SC. Seems I can always get the help I need here, it's very much appreciated.

msfossey

sc7500
December 13th, 2010, 09:21
...It worked great, thanks SC. Seems I can always get the help I need here, it's very much appreciated...

:wavey:
SC
:kilroy: