PDA

View Full Version : Multiple displays

fcfcfc
November 26th, 2008, 22:55
Does anyone have experience with using WideVieW and more than three monitors?

Is there a framerate downside to using more than one graphics card in each PC, and also combining them using WideVieW (say 3 PCs with six cards and six displays)?

I am trying to set up FSX with real panel and controls for currency and emergency training. The biggest problems I have with FSX are full field vision and trim-feedback to the yoke and pedals. There is nothing I can do with the latter (just need to be wary of not developing bad habits) but I am hoping to use multiple displays to have 140-180 deg of view.

I read somewhere that similar networked set up in X-plane has synchronisation issues even with identical PC hardware.

Would be grateful for any suggestion. Thanks.

harleyman
December 5th, 2008, 17:51
Maxtor makes a deal called Tripple Heads -2- Go....

From reading what others say about it you can adjust your views for each monitor with the software somehow and its great.....

I know many use it and love it.....

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/th2go/

I hear there is no real hit on frames.....

fcfcfc
December 5th, 2008, 20:33
Thanks Harleyman.

I used to use Dualhead-to-go at work with a notebook and abandoned it for VTbook. Matrox is a very overpriced signal splitter while VTbook is a sort of video card (but I suspect it does not have any "gaming" capability")

Does anyone use the WideView networking application for FSX?

harleyman
December 6th, 2008, 00:52
Hey...Here is Petes forum for his FUSUIP (sp)

There are many people there that use wideview..

Register,post,and send some PM to the wideview users there...

A thought for answers and help....

http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54

fcfcfc
December 6th, 2008, 06:01
Thank you Harleyman. Very grateful for the pointer.:jump:

Flork
December 7th, 2008, 18:59
I have used both Wideview and Triplehead2Go. I love my digital Triplehead2Go, it is seamless and the effect is immersive. IMHO if you are going for a 3 monitor display that is the only way to go. You've got to have the hardware to drive it, but I assume you know that. BTW I do run instrument panels on client computers for a total of 5 monitors.

Wideview is a great idea, but it is only as fast as your slowest computer, so it gets pretty pricey fast building a comp to run each view. Also, it may be better now but when I last used it (Feb 2008) the weather did not synchronize well across all of your views. One view would have clouds, but none out of the left window for example. And, you must have Widetraffic or you will not see AI across all monitors.

That being said, customer service on Wideview is excellent. Luciano responds quickly and will always try to help you and improve his product.

fcfcfc
December 8th, 2008, 02:18
Thanks Flork. Very useful.

I have been struggling badly with flying FSX which I blame partly on poor visual cues.