PDA

View Full Version : ProjectFokker F28 in FSX ......

rcbarend
December 11th, 2010, 06:36
Hi all,

Just a headsup:
Some other guys and me are currently working hard on reviving the popular (measured in download numbers) freeware ProjectFokker F28 for FS9, to FSX.

Our intention is to do that in various steps, with a first release targeted for febr. 2011.
This will a "compatibility" release only, mainly replacing all those gauges that aren't in a "FSX-compatible" format, and adaptation of other gauges to make them function in FSX like they do in FS9. (you wouldn't believe all the subtil incompatibilities in some XML code for FS9 and FSX).
The flightdynamics and visual model, after a lot of testing, appear to work fine in FSX with only some small adaptations.

So this means that this first release most probably is "just" a port-over, and not a native FSX model with VC yet. But given the numerous Emails we still get about using this aircraft in FSX, we feel there's enough "market" for such a compatibility release, so you can enjoy flying this nice aircraft in an FSX-environment.

I know some of you won't touch port-over's anymore. Sorry :icon_lol:
Also, no target date yet on a full-blown FSX release, since we want to do this one-step-at-a-time.

Best regards, Rob Barendregt

falcon409
December 11th, 2010, 07:03
Good news Rob. What versions of the F28 will this cover? I don't normally fly Tubes, but after the nice work done in here for the Falcon, I'm finding some enjoyment doing longer flights in something other than the normal Military and GA I like flying.:salute:

rcbarend
December 11th, 2010, 09:09
Good news Rob. What versions of the F28 will this cover? I don't normally fly Tubes, but after the nice work done in here for the Falcon, I'm finding some enjoyment doing longer flights in something other than the normal Military and GA I like flying.:salute:

Hi, falcon.., long time since we spoke :icon_lol: ....

As in the FS9 version: the Fokker28 ("Fellowship"" ) Mk1000 and Mk4000/6000.
Plus a ton of real-world liveries.
Since (I assume) you're not familiar with this addon, have a look at
http://fokker.avsim.net/F28.htm
for more info.

:ernae: Rob

Bjoern
December 11th, 2010, 09:36
The day when a VC-ed native FSX version of the F28 comes out will be a good one!

There were tons of operators of this type, from American to LTU, Canadian North, Linjeflyg and Braathens SAFE.