PDA

View Full Version : OT, Warthog HOTAS deal found!

strykerpsg
December 10th, 2010, 22:58
I know I should probably post this in the hardware forum, but couldn't resist since I just purchased mine from Wal Mart for $470, plus free shipping. Unbeatable price!

Matt

YoYo
December 10th, 2010, 23:25
Matt, I bought Warthog in Polish www shop. Here is the best price for me - it's 1219 zl - near 304 Eu or 406 $ + delivery. See this webshop: http://www.redcoon.pl/index.php/cmd/shop/a/ProductDetail/pid/B243166/cid/8037/Thrustmaster_Hotas_Warthog

JIMJAM
December 11th, 2010, 07:18
Walmart! Are you serious?
I was just at one yesterday and ask a employee where the velcro was.He just stared at me with a totally blank stare and said I should probably check in gardening. I could only imagine asking someone there about if they had a Thrustmaster Warthog hands on throttle and stick.:isadizzy:
I imagine they would probably call security on me.

strykerpsg
December 11th, 2010, 10:16
Walmart! Are you serious?
I was just at one yesterday and ask a employee where the velcro was.He just stared at me with a totally blank stare and said I should probably check in gardening. I could only imagine asking someone there about if they had a Thrustmaster Warthog hands on throttle and stick.:isadizzy:
I imagine they would probably call security on me.
LOL, I know the feeling. It is on their website, not in the store and through another distributor. But, they accept Paypal and credit cards and free shipping to boot, though did spend a few more dollars for 2nd day shipping. Besides, I think they may think you are talking dirty to them when you mention Thrustmaster, so be careful. Now, to find those MFD's and start rocking on my DCS A-10C, woohoo and Iris' A-10 for $5.00. What a great month!

Matt

BOOM
December 11th, 2010, 12:23
Good for you bud,That stick is supposed to be fantastic according to those who've bought it!!
Very,very nice!! Congrats!!:salute:

strykerpsg
December 11th, 2010, 18:15
Good for you bud,That stick is supposed to be fantastic according to those who've bought it!!
Very,very nice!! Congrats!!:salute:
Thanks Boom, much awaited and looking forward to taking her for a spin. I am hoping we get one final winter storm to make a longer weekend.

Ptimat31
December 12th, 2010, 01:54
Hi !

Do you know if there is a good place to buy one in Canada ? I live in Montreal but Walmart Canada doesn't propose the stick there, even online.

Thanks in advance,
Mat

strykerpsg
December 12th, 2010, 06:55
Hi !

Do you know if there is a good place to buy one in Canada ? I live in Montreal but Walmart Canada doesn't propose the stick there, even online.

Thanks in advance,
Mat
Just do a search on Google or Bing for the joystick. I was sticking to conventional sources which were still selling it for $499 and up. Best of Luck Mat.

Matt

strykerpsg
December 15th, 2010, 14:57
Oh My Gosh! It came in today and got to try it out on DCS A-10C and will try FSX tomorrow. What a fantastically constructed, finished and overall designed joystick. It's the most fun I've had with my two hands in a couple of weeks (last two dates were sorta boring). Would highly recommend this purchase when you are able to. Now, off to find some profiles for it, especially FSX and potentially the Superbug. Anyone have any good links to hook me up with?

Matt

BladeLWS
December 15th, 2010, 19:01
I also ordered one from Walmart on Monday, but FedEx came to late today so I missed it!!! :(

But tomorrow is another day... of phone calls to Fedex

BOOM
December 16th, 2010, 03:12
Oh My Gosh! It came in today and got to try it out on DCS A-10C and will try FSX tomorrow. What a fantastically constructed, finished and overall designed joystick. It's the most fun I've had with my two hands in a couple of weeks (last two dates were sorta boring). Would highly recommend this purchase when you are able to. Now, off to find some profiles for it, especially FSX and potentially the Superbug. Anyone have any good links to hook me up with?

Matt

Haha!!! You Crack me up!!! I hope your dates get better before the Winter gets Colder,Wow!! Warthog sounds fantastic!!! I was really,really close to ordering one but I went for a new GTX580 Vid card instead[that's still on back order]Anyway I think The TM Warthog will be my next BIG Hardware purchase[probably late 2011] The best place for info/profies would be The DCS A-10C Hardware forum http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=96

Congrats on a fantastic purchase Matt,Look forward to a detailed review!!
Cheers!!

strykerpsg
December 16th, 2010, 04:33
Haha!!! You Crack me up!!! I hope your dates get better before the Winter gets Colder,Wow!! Warthog sounds fantastic!!! I was really,really close to ordering one but I went for a new GTX580 Vid card instead[that's still on back order]Anyway I think The TM Warthog will be my next BIG Hardware purchase[probably late 2011] The best place for info/profies would be The DCS A-10C Hardware forum http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=96

Congrats on a fantastic purchase Matt,Look forward to a detailed review!!
Cheers!!

Thanks for the well wishes about dating. Honestly, have kept my options open while in Ohio, but now that I am moving back to Fort Lewis, WA, the women there like huggin trees, Birkenstocks, dogs and Warriors. Good thing I dug out my sandals and am buying a house with many trees, will capture all the hugs then.

Also, thanks for the links on the Warthog. It truly has been my best purchase so far as joysticks are concerned. I am now debating on buying the MFD kit by Thrustmaster as well, but am out of USB ports to run them. Also, be forewarned, the Warthog needs 2 USB ports for both devices, which my available port was going to be for an MFD. Guess I'll have to buy a keyboard with USB ports.

As for a review, may be some time before I get situated, as movers pack me the week after Christmas and will not see simming until I get to Tacoma and re-established.

Matt