PDA

View Full Version : Invitation ....

rcbarend
December 10th, 2010, 15:44
Hi,

Just noticed this message on my daily lurking of the SOH forums:

"Hello rcbarend it appears that you have not posted on our Web Site in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums"

Ok, I'll start a conversation then.:jump:
Anyone care to join ??

As a start: I'm currently working my a** off on an FSX-compatible version of the FS9 ProjectFokker F28.

:ernae: Rob

PS:
Will be Freeware, as usual, of course.
And to make sure this thread will be alive for some time :icon_lol:, I'll add another "provocative" observation I made during 10 years of designing freeware addons for MSFS:
Every years around Xmas time (but not restricted to that) I see a lot of threads popping up about special offers for payware addons, thanking the publishers for their great discounts, etc.
Freeware designers though, have a problem getting the same attention for their addons based on price-argument, since we aren't able to give discounts.
Unless you expect us to pay you for using our freeware of course :icon_lol:

Just kidding of course, although ........???......

Anyway, I have a feeling I won't see the "message from SOH about not posting" I started with, for some time now ....

Bone
December 10th, 2010, 17:58
Maybe SOH is trying to uptrim the conversation around here, lol. I can just see the Mod's Only forum. Henry: "Hey, we gotta bring in some new talent and raise the conversation standard up a few notch's". Willy: "Yeah, we gotta do somthin' quick...like yesterday!". Cloud9gal: "I know, lets send out some conversation invites to some of our smarter members!". Everybody: "YEAH!!"

thisizma
December 10th, 2010, 20:45
Sarcasm ?

jmig
December 11th, 2010, 04:46
Maybe SOH is trying to uptrim the conversation around here, lol. I can just see the Mod's Only forum. Henry: "Hey, we gotta bring in some new talent and raise the conversation standard up a few notch's". Willy: "Yeah, we gotta do somthin' quick...like yesterday!". Cloud9gal: "I know, lets send out some conversation invites to some of our smarter members!". Everybody: "YEAH!!"

Did you hack into the Staff forum? ;)

rcbarend. we are always interested in getting more member participation. This site is only as good as its members. We think we have quality members and believe they have something to offer all of us. The more members who actively post, generally the better the discussions.

Thanks for telling us about your upcoming FSX Fokker F28 project. If I may offer a suggestion, start a thread in FSX about your project. Or about you question on how freeware projects can get more publicity, I think you will be surprised at the volume of replies you will receive.

rcbarend
December 11th, 2010, 05:47
Hi John,

Please, don't take my OP too seriously. As indicated by all the smileys...

I was just trying to make a joke about the message concerning "my inactivity", since I'm a long member of these forums; just not such a active writer anymore since the forums crash some time ago.

Best regards, Rob Barendregt

PS: And I surely will post the F28 developement in the FSX forum, just didn't get around to doing that yet.

kilo delta
December 11th, 2010, 08:00

You're absolutely correct,Bone.....It's a forum drive to increase the intellect !!

...and to add balance to the site they've recruited me to fulfill the "dumb" quota!!!!

:icon_lol::icon29:

magoo
December 11th, 2010, 08:54
Unless you expect us to pay you for using our freeware of course
.....That would bring a whole new connotation to the term,"payware...."

Of course, that would also provide one with the satisfaction of dealing with critics by firing them.....

Bone
December 11th, 2010, 09:07
You're absolutely correct,Bone.....It's a forum drive to increase the intellect !!

...and to add balance to the site they've recruited me to fulfill the "dumb" quota!!!!

:icon_lol::icon29:

We're you one of those guys on the roof with the sled? lol.

Bjoern
December 11th, 2010, 09:43
I've just cleaned my apartment. Heck yeah!

kilo delta
December 11th, 2010, 11:50
We're you one of those guys on the roof with the sled? lol.

:d I've done similar things where I were a young lad!! ;p