PDA

View Full Version : Storm clouds on the horizon

greycap.raf
December 10th, 2010, 13:46
I'm not sure if anyone remembers the Tempest skins I had in the works some time ago. The project got a bit out of hands (as usual :p:) and as a result I've just uploaded the first of them. But it's not a skin.

It's a full standalone aircraft, built using the AvH 4.00 series Tempest as a base - thanks to Bear for the permission - and has received the DL prefix to indicate another joint operation between me and Nigel. This first release also includes new gun files and sounds to better portray the four Hispanos firing simultanoeusly, the latter ones will need this one to work properly. I did the skin and the flight model tweaking, Nigel took care of the cockpit texture and the gun files. On top of that he gave a lot of good advice to make my first completely "from the ground up" skins look more like they should.

Should be available soon!

HouseHobbit
December 10th, 2010, 16:19
I can't wait to wreck this one..:applause:

I like wrecking British birds..:isadizzy:

And with the Masters involved here, I KNOW THIS WILL BE GREAT..:salute:
Thanks very Much..
BRAVO..
:salute: :salute: :salute:

Led Zeppelin
December 11th, 2010, 00:14
Downloading now, thanks!!!

Led Zeppelin
December 11th, 2010, 01:27
I just had a quick ride with her, the new skin is beautifull and the cockpit new textures are a real improvment.
The Tempest is my favorite 1945 era fighter, this one is really appreciated.

For those who want to fly historical missions with her from Volkel, simply start ETO era5 and fly any mission from Clostermann pack that has been included in ETO V1.3.
Don't forget to select the correct aircraft before the flight!:wiggle:

lewis11777
December 11th, 2010, 10:16
Greycap and Nigel great job on the cockpit, what a big improvement. Nice Job fellas!

alain95
December 13th, 2010, 02:57
...Nice cooperation stuff ! I'll be waiting for the other ones too.

:engel016:

OldCrow
December 13th, 2010, 09:22
Any chance of a Tempest MkII?

greycap.raf
December 13th, 2010, 14:00
Thanks for the feedback everyone! There are eight or nine more coming up - depends on the way of counting - as soon as I can kick myself into making the packages.

And no, no Tempest MkII. At least until someone comes up with a 3D model for one.

lewis11777
December 13th, 2010, 14:11
Johno who made the Sea Fury was working on a Tempest Mk II at one time. I have no idea if he ever finished. I have not seen any postings from in in quite awhile.

hairyspin
December 13th, 2010, 21:41
Johno who made the Sea Fury was working on a Tempest Mk II at one time. I have no idea if he ever finished. I have not seen any postings from in in quite awhile.

Johno was last seen on the FSX forum, he now builds payware for FSX afaik. I don't think he ever started a CFS3 Tempest, you'll need to wait for someone else to finish one and he's rather slow.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6865/wiplb.jpg

lewis11777
December 14th, 2010, 02:28
Bummer!

lewis11777
December 14th, 2010, 02:31
HS, that does not look familiar, what the devil is that?

greycap.raf
December 14th, 2010, 09:27
I think I know what it is, I think I've seen it before and I think I know who the "someone else" is. This is a promise, if it'll ever get done I'll do the flight model provided I get permissions.

ndicki
December 14th, 2010, 11:35
That does look interesting... When it's time to test things or whatever, guve us a yell!

OldCrow
December 14th, 2010, 23:50
I hope that "someone else" releases this thing soon! :jump:

greycap.raf
December 15th, 2010, 12:25
Another version uploaded. With both summer and winter skins, see the readme for explanation.

Led Zeppelin
December 16th, 2010, 02:54
downloading now, thanks!

greycap.raf
January 9th, 2011, 09:58
These are rolling off the production line again, motivated by Nigel putting out a couple more Messerschmitts. Got to represent both sides!