PDA

View Full Version : aargh f-14 hud!!

war.ace
November 26th, 2008, 17:17
If u notice the "hud" is all green, and also to the side's og the "hud" there are black parts which I'm guessing is missing. but wat is supposed to be on the sides are missing but what I belive is supposed to be there is in my guages folder

N2056
November 26th, 2008, 19:47
A wild guess as I don't have this plane, but I did see your post about installing this plane without using the installer...
Perhaps you should try re-loading it using the installer. Unless you are really familiar with adding planes to FSX I'm certain you have misplaced a file or two.

jmig
November 27th, 2008, 05:06
Is this a FSX aircraft? I don't know of any FSX F-14, except the still in depot Iris F-14.

pernik
November 27th, 2008, 06:08
Don't forget Dino's F-14D still in dev

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/2008/11/f-14d-tomcat-progress.html

war.ace
November 27th, 2008, 13:16
well I'm not too sure at installing add-ons but here's what I did.

REV 2 is a auto-installed zip file
HOT, you can load manually per standard FS methods or AUTOMATICALLY USING XP Extraction tool or WINZIP.
If Winzip, USE FOLDERS AS FILE NAMES !
If you do not use Folder as File names with Winzip, the folders inside the zip will just lineup with other folders.
NOT a Emergency! Just open each, C/P from there if you make this error.
Auto Method, I tested using XP / mouse right click: it works fine IF YOU FOLLOW STEPS BELOW!
1. Extract .zip download from the temp folder as follows:
2. The EXTRACTION is to be into "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" Folder. I just drag and dropped the sim objects, guages, and effects into fsx main folder.
3. Use Folder as File Names to maintain Folder Structure during extraction IF Winzip used.
4. There will be ONE FOLDER LEFT. OPEN this Folder called FSUIPC_4_9.did not do
5. Execute the Round Yellow BalI ICON manually. The folder for this is now locared amongst the other files inside the MAIN FSX folder. It is FSUIPC_4_9.
6. When execution is being performed, installer will pause & display window will read: FSX.exe location.
7. Browse to FSX MAIN FOLDER, look for little blue box FSX.exe, Click on it. Press NEXT on installer.
8. Installer will creat MODULES folder and install correct modules and files.
9. Done, KEEP ZIPS if repeat is needed.
10. MAKE SURE FIREWALL IS set to ALLOW FSX.exe to pass through , Browse to find FSX.exe, ADD to Firewall list, CHECK the Filter BOX! Close Did not do
11. Check for all folders present and in correct order with files inside,GREAt, You are done, Clean drive, defrag, rebbot. FLY a Tomcat! TO USE CARRIER, READ inside DOCS FOLDER! READ ALL DOCS HOT! HOT! I did this except defrag
Thank you for your support
stevehinson1974@yahoo.com
Steve Hinson
"TomcatDriver"

N2056
November 27th, 2008, 13:29
I really don't know what to tell you other than this looks to me like you really ought to follow the instructions to the letter!

Good Luck!

war.ace
November 27th, 2008, 13:52
well I cant run the installer because it needs administrator and my dad is working nightshift this month ...ps what does the installer even do?

N332DW
November 27th, 2008, 14:30
that looks like the panel from dino's FS9 tomcat - the black spots are for the COP3 arrestor gauges - and you'll also need a copy of FSUIPC4 for them to work in FSX - the tailhook length in the aircraft.cfg is also too long for SP2 or acceleration and prevented the tailhook animation from deploying for me , i had to change it to

[TailHook]
tailhook_length = 4.8
tailhook_position = -21.0, 0.0, 1.0
cable_force_adjust = 1.0

alot of tweaking was needed to get this portover to work , at least for me. but i still like it in FSX and I will snatch up the FSX version once released