PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Killer Svend
December 10th, 2010, 00:58
Hi gents
Take it easy, I am still alive, but beeing grandad an christmas comming soon, I must admit that has been little time for gaming allought I have visited this site allmost every day. but since you ask me for rising questions, I might have one or two.
1: Whenever to try to find a new aircraft and looking in the library it is like looking for a needle in a haystack,everythings was easyer if they appeared in alphabetic order. I do not have the sligtest idea how mush work it is behind ,but it is probably a lot,so never mind, it is just me who is impatient.
2: I would furthermore be happy to have a library only with complete aircrafts and not a nice mixture of complete planes, repaints and textures, I think that I am different from the majority as I could not care less if the plane belongs to a certain squadron or was flown by Douglas Bader or Donald Duck, as I have my own squadron and I am the pilot. I pay the deepest respect to those who are dooing a Fantastic job creating this files, I am sure that many love them. so I
am sorry if I have insulted someone. Kille Svend

mariereid
December 10th, 2010, 03:31
Hi Killer; I think everyone is well served by the library. It's pretty complete now, what you cannot find in the archives is usually in the newer add ons section. In the newer section, it's a breeze finding what you need. I still fumble around the archive, but if I knew what I was doing, it's not too bad in there. We are lucky that Rami has become the librarian.

Like you, I have my own small force which I use for my "not ever going to be ready for prime time" missions. But ya gotta love the guys who do such a great job making everything historically correct.

I think that there is nothing better than seeing everyone's work come together in a historic campaign. When you can fly the correct aircraft, with the specs bang on, into a mission where everything gives you the feeling of, "wow, so this is what it was like!", you can thank the fellas who have devoted so much time and effort to our sim.

Even I have the need for correct planes, ships, scenery, etc., in my crappy missions. So, I can see why some fellas want the most historically correct items they can get their hands on. Lucky for us, all ya gotta do is have a snoop around the library, and find them. :salute::ernae:

Killer Svend
December 11th, 2010, 01:09
Hi Mariereid
Do,nt misunderstand me, I pay the deepest respect to those plane makers (love means something else to me) I cant do this kind of things,so I am happy that someone can do the hard work for us, Rami is certainly dooing a fantastic job and I find a lot of fun, using his many campaigns.
Merry Christmas and happy newyear to everybody in SOH.
Killer Svend:ernae:

mariereid
December 11th, 2010, 02:54
Amen to that, Killer!:ernae::salute: